ADVERTISEMENT

So Whooppi says it's ok to burn the flag AND neighborhoods

wasn't she one of the 23 who was going to leave the country?....why the hell is she still here?
It is ok (legal) to burn the flag but not neighborhoods of course. Her quote: WHOOPI: People are angry. They sometimes get angry and they burn the flag. Sometimes they burn the neighborhood, you know. She doesn't say it's ok to burn the neighborhood nor does she condemn it.

It is ok (legal) to burn the flag but not neighborhoods of course. Her quote: WHOOPI: People are angry. They sometimes get angry and they burn the flag. Sometimes they burn the neighborhood, you know. She doesn't say it's ok to burn the neighborhood nor does she condemn it.
she is a public figure.....I don't know why but she is.....if she wants things to calm down her choice of words is very poor.....yes it's "legal" to burn the flag but not very cool to do so.......bye bye whoopi and take Kaepernick with you to Cuba.....it's time for the whiners to realize that the election is over and Jill Stein ain't changing it......if you don;t like it here then leave......but be very careful where you go and what you say......you might end up dead or under the jail

Reactions: Airport
she is a public figure.....I don't know why but she is.....if she wants things to calm down her choice of words is very poor.....yes it's "legal" to burn the flag but not very cool to do so.......bye bye whoopi and take Kaepernick with you to Cuba.....it's time for the whiners to realize that the election is over and Jill Stein ain't changing it......if you don;t like it here then leave......but be very careful where you go and what you say......you might end up dead or under the jail

Cuba need a new leader, she can go there and run for office![roll][roll][roll][roll]

cuba needs a few neighborhoods that need burning...she'd be a perfect fit...with Kaepernick as her secretary of health, education and welfare....he knows so much about it

Beyoncé and Jay Z can be the directors of non important people who have been to cuba.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
Why the hate for Cuba? I've heard it's awesome!! Now that the travel restriction is lifted, I'm planning a vacation there in the very near future for a long weekend.

Why the hate for Cuba? I've heard it's awesome!! Now that the travel restriction is lifted, I'm planning a vacation there in the very near future for a long weekend.

My grandfather went there in the 50's and I remember seeing the slides, that's how we look at pictures back then. My grandfather thought it was the most beautiful place he had ever been. Cuba itself isn't bad, it's the castros that have caused the problem and our weak ass position since the Cuban Missile crisis.

Not much to be done about Whoopi except stop watching anything on which she 'stars' nor will I spend money on a movie that has her in the cast. Same also goes for several other actors whose vocalized views are not acceptable to me. They can have their views; I can keep my money.

Kaepernick is a different situation. He is a salaried employee and represents those writing the check and also those he more broadly represents. I know, first hand, of restrictions placed on what folks might do in their 'private life and time' as relates to the image it casts over the organization that employs them. I've seen discipline handed out because of an involvement in activity deemed to place the employer in a bad light. Same holds for the 49 era. and the NFL. At some point one or the other may determine that the continued employment of Mr.. Kaepernick (and those who have joined forces to support his views) has become a 'net sum' LOSS and severance results in a net gain for those having responsibility for the organizations involved. "Good riddance" as I see it. I am an avid 'free speech' advocate, but the old adage that you do not cry "FIRE" in a crowded, darkened theater holds here also. Kaepernick (and his associates) need to decide (and conclude) whether they wish to be doing the job for which they are being paid and 'toe the lines established by those writing the checks' or give it all up for the opportunity to fully exercise their frights to free speech. May not have the option to have it both ways. As I see it--time and patience are running out .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT