ADVERTISEMENT

So what is everyone/watching doing during this time of non-sports?

I have been working 5 days a week and camping every weekend for the last 5 weeks. They closed the National Forest for all intentional purposes around Asheville but our other forest is open.

I have been working 5 days a week and camping every weekend for the last 5 weeks. They closed the National Forest for all intentional purposes around Asheville but our other forest is open.

Search Youtube for "Stealth Camping", which is covertly camping in restricted areas. I just watched one with a guy who camped in a wooded highway median.

Search Youtube for "Stealth Camping", which is covertly camping in restricted areas. I just watched one with a guy who camped in a wooded highway median.
I have been camping the last two weekends in a dispersed camping spot on a wild trout stream next to a water fall. I have an IKAMPER roof top tent that takes a minute to set up so stealth camping is easy. Nantahala national forest is open expect the AT and trails leading to it.

I have been camping the last two weekends in a dispersed camping spot on a wild trout stream next to a water fall. I have an IKAMPER roof top tent that takes a minute to set up so stealth camping is easy. Nantahala national forest is open expect the AT and trails leading to it.

That sounds awesome man...not the working part but definitely the camping :) Make lemonade my fellow Mountaineers because although this shutdown sucks in a ton of ways, it does provide unique opportunities to do things we might not otherwise.

That's really cool.

If life doesnt get back to normal soon, I'm going to be stealth camping in my garage just to get away from my wife and kids.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
I looked up your tent.

So you put it over your truck and sleep up top?

I might get one and convince my mother in law to try it out...then pretend like I forgot shes in there and drive off.

Last edited:
That's really cool.

If life doesnt get back to normal soon, I'm going to be stealth camping in my garage just to get away from my wife and kids.

I looked up your tent.

I might get one and convince my mother in law to try it out...then pretend like I forgot shes in there and drive off.

Wow sounds like you have relationship issues with your whole family...wife, kids, mother in law etc

I looked up your tent.

I have a Colorado ZR2 with a topper. It is on the topper. I do have rack on top of the cab. Looking forward to killing an elk and driving home with the skull and horns mounted on the rack. The ZR2 is a badass as both axles lock.

I myself am re-watching The Wire, Breaking Bad and The Sopranos with a few household projects that have been put off for long enough.
I've been writing on my second book - When this mess started I had about 59.000 words now it's over 80,000. Been great fun.
My first book was Enough about small town newspaper publisher who takes on corrupt political machine
in fictional southern West Virginia county of Jordan. As result two political kingpins set in motion a conspiracy that burns the paper
to the ground and hatches plot to murder the young publisher on a deserted country road. You can order personally autographed
copy at www.tonyhylton.com Take care be safe and bring on the Mountaineers!!!

I've been writing on my second book - When this mess started I had about 59.000 words now it's over 80,000. Been great fun.
My first book was Enough about small town newspaper publisher who takes on corrupt political machine
in fictional southern West Virginia county of Jordan. As result two political kingpins set in motion a conspiracy that burns the paper
to the ground and hatches plot to murder the young publisher on a deserted country road. You can order personally autographed
copy at www.tonyhylton.com Take care be safe and bring on the Mountaineers!!!

Hey at j school couple years later. Dr Stewart was dean. Prof Atkins was the task master. The DA was all j school folks. Funny...one minor was political science.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT