ADVERTISEMENT

So what’s our big 12 seed?

If tcu holds on and beats ou I believe we will be the 3 and play tcu Thursday. If ou comes back we are 6 and play ou

Why does Texas tech get a higher seed than us? Just wondering because we split the 2 games we played.

Why does Texas tech get a higher seed than us? Just wondering because we split the 2 games we played.

Big 12 tie breakers are 1. Head to head record. 2. Best record against the top teams in Big 12.

So for WVU compared to Texas and TTU all are 9-9. WVU split with both. All 3 are 0-2 to Kansas. Only WVU is 1-1 with Baylor. Hence WVU is seeded higher. The wrench is OU. If OU gets out of its hole against TCU, they'll have the same comference record and the head to head advantage on WVU. I'm not sure what their position is relative to Texas and TTU, which is why it could get muddy. But if the Sooners lose, WVU is guaranteed 3rd seed as far as know.

Big 12 tie breakers are 1. Head to head record. 2. Best record against the top teams in Big 12.

So for WVU compared to Texas and TTU all are 9-9. WVU split with both. All 3 are 0-2 to Kansas. Only WVU is 1-1 with Baylor. Hence WVU is seeded higher. The wrench is OU. If OU gets out of its hole against TCU, they'll have the same comference record and the head to head advantage on WVU. I'm not sure what their position is relative to Texas and TTU, which is why it could get muddy. But if the Sooners lose, WVU is guaranteed 3rd seed as far as know.
Thanks

OU beat WVU twice split with TTU and Texas
Texas Tech split with all 3
Texas split with all 3
Texas and TTU split

Texas, TTU nor OU did not beat KU Baylor so it goes to head to head.

#3 OU
#4 WVU because of beating Baylor
#5 Texas Tech beat ISU twice
#6 Texas split with all teams not named KU and Baylor.

I think I'm seeing that right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT