All-Conference
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Smallwood 19 rushes for 147 yrds, 29 long
rushel shell 19 rushes for 48 yards, 8 long
skylar howard 19 rushes for 47 yrds, 15 long

188 yards passing

who the F should we be getting the football

what is the fascination with shell. I know smallwood wasn't 100% but still, give me a break. ask smallwood if he was too hurt to play more downs.

Just F'in stupid

188 yards passing

what is the fascination with shell. I know smallwood wasn't 100% but still, give me a break. ask smallwood if he was too hurt to play more downs.

Just F'in stupid
Smallwood has been injured and was limited.

I'd say Smallwood isn't near as limited as the man calling the plays. Is Dana injured? If so can we go ahead and get his backup in?

Reactions: bEER_Nation13
I do not understand this whole "Smallwood was injured" excuse because he played the entire game. He ran the ball 19 times for roughly 150 yards. He caught some passes. It's not like he was limited the entire game. If he was limited the entire game, then I could buy into the "Smallwood was injured" argument for not getting any touches in Overtime. But he wasn't limited, he saw a lot action and he dominated the entire night besides that 1 turnover. It's just baffling, very Dana Holgersish. If something works, try something else!

he was injured last week and who knows...maybe 30 carries would have risked further injury but that doesn't explain the other games.

he was injured last week and who knows...maybe 30 carries would have risked further injury but that doesn't explain the other games.
He should not have carried the ball 8-10 more times because of the injury. He should have gotten at least a touch or two in OT though.
The playbook is severely limited because of the limitations at the qb position. Now who you blame those limitations on is your choice.

188 yards passing

Just F'in stupid

Agree, we need someone other than Shell. Smallwood has looked good. Shell looks like he just closes his eyes and runs into the pile. Haven't seen him make a cut yet.

Agree, we need someone other than Shell. Smallwood has looked good. Shell looks like he just closes his eyes and runs into the pile. Haven't seen him make a cut yet.

You need to hookup with those two....seemingly they decide (according to Smallwood) who gets to play on any given series.

188 yards passing

Just F'in stupid
I could not say this better! I don't get it.
I F'in hate Pitt, but they were right about Russell Shell!

You need to hookup with those two....seemingly they decide (according to Smallwood) who gets to play on any given series.

That's idiotic! We pay a head coach millions of dollars, and he leaves important decisions like that to 20 year olds??? He needs to be fired if that's the case.

That's idiotic! We pay a head coach millions of dollars, and he leaves important decisions like that to 20 year olds??? He needs to be fired if that's the case.

According to quotes from one or two players...they at least believe they get to decide who plays.

I'm hoping those quotes are misinterpreted or are complete fabrications but at the moment I don't see anyone that matters denying them.

Can the QB's have the ability to call their number also? That might just work.

188 yards passing

Smallwood was the reason behind two turn overs.....can we really afford that?

Just F'in stupid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT