ADVERTISEMENT

Silent Sam will be put back up on campus within 90 days of Monday’s riot.

so, if our ancestors fought for the confederacy because they lived in a southern state, they are traitors and racists?

What would you call people that killed others because somebody told them they couldn’t own black people?
I find it really interesting (I really do, not being TIC) that people will lose their $hit over a football player kneeling during the anthem but argue that someone who consciously shot and killed US soldiers who were fighting under the direction of the US Government under the authority of the US Constitution and were being lead into battle by the US Flag should be “remembered” and honored. Just seems hard to reconcile those two views.

DlFYQZfUwAA6U34.jpg:large

/thread.............. I just slaughtered

and the National Presidents day also??, since those presidents actually owned slaves. Jackson himself never owned slaves, actually Thomas Jackson was a hero in Lexington among African Americans because he and his wife set up a school to teach them to read and write. where does it all stop?

and the National Presidents day also??, since those presidents actually owned slaves. Jackson himself never owned slaves, actually Thomas Jackson was a hero in Lexington among African Americans because he and his wife set up a school to teach them to read and write. where does it all stop?

At statues praising racists, mostly............ dedicated by racists, historically.......... and appreciated today and "protected" by racists within the white nationalist community.

so Virginia should cease celebrating Lee-Jackson day? something they have done since 1904?
Yes. Why is this so hard? Who gives a shit how long they've been doing it?

It's just so crazy how Germans know who Joseph Goebbels was without statues or a "Goebbels Day."

We as a Country started when we came to a Continent and murdered the occupants of the land , but I guess some of you are proud of that History right ?

It stops where those people took up arms and killed tens of thousands of other Americans - a war they also started. Why do you keep asking dumb questions?

It stops where those people took up arms and killed tens of thousands of other Americans - a war they also started. Why do you keep asking dumb questions?

Dumb is comparing Robert E Lee and Thomas Jackson to Joseph Goebbels.

No but guys that literally fought on the side of it wouldn't be flaunted as a daily reminder either.
If the left, and it is the left, removes all the bad memories of our nations past what would that do for our future? It has been said that "Those who can't remember the past are doomed to repeat it". Do we really want to allow any group of people to control the minds of the people of our Nation? No sarcasm intended.....

You lose all your brownie points if you take up arms against the country to fight to preserve something as abominable as slavery. That is a lot fvcking different than having slaves at a time when there wasn't the same level of movement to abolish it.

Each state seceded declaring they were doing so to protect the institution of slavery. If you took up arms for that cause, it didn't matter if you thought you were Jesus Hussein Christ at that point, you are a traitor and do not deserve praise. Anyone trying to glorify the Confederacy today are no better than the traitors who chose to fight for it then.

No one says they should be removed from history. They belong in history, not glorified with fvcking monuments as if they did something good.

"Slavery was cool......... because the indians..."
No, it's all History dumbass, certain people just choose what they want to change instead of learning from History and not repeating the same mistakes. If you don't want a statue in your town square , fine. The elected officials should vote to remove it and put it in a museum where people can learn from it instead of letting a bunch of thugs commit Vandilism.

Dumb is comparing Robert E Lee and Thomas Jackson to Joseph Goebbels.
Sure I also like defending traitorous people who took up arms against Americans by completely missing the point too.

Tremendous irony having so many West Virginians caping for the Confederacy.

No, it's all History dumbass, certain people just choose what they want to change instead of learning from History and not repeating the same mistakes. If you don't want a statue in your town square , fine. The elected officials should vote to remove it and put it in a museum where people can learn from it instead of letting a bunch of thugs commit Vandilism.

We don't need a "Museum of Losing"

If the left, and it is the left, removes all the bad memories of our nations past what would that do for our future? It has been said that "Those who can't remember the past are doomed to repeat it". Do we really want to allow any group of people to control the minds of the people of our Nation? No sarcasm intended.....
I really have to wonder if none of you ever picked up a history book in your lives. Let me break it down for those of you unable to reach the point:

THERE :clap: IS :clap: A :clap: DIFFERENCE :clap: BETWEEN :clap: BEING :clap: REMEMBERED :clap: IN :clap: HISTORY :clap: AND :clap: BEING :clap: GLORIFIED :clap: WITH :clap: MONUMENTS.:clap:

The elected officials should vote to remove it and put it in a museum where people can learn from it instead of letting a bunch of thugs commit Vandilism.
It's on UNC's campus, not in the town of Chapel Hill. Last night was tuition-paying students letting the admins know how they feel about the statue.

If the left, and it is the left, removes all the bad memories of our nations past what would that do for our future? It has been said that "Those who can't remember the past are doomed to repeat it". Do we really want to allow any (((group of people to control the minds of the people))) of our Nation? No sarcasm intended.....
FTFY

What happened to everyone gets a participation trophy ?
I don't know. Ask boomers with bruised egos who complained every time their loser kids didn't win anything why they asked for participation trophies in the first place.

Last edited:
It's on UNC's campus, not in the town of Chapel Hill. Last night was tuition-paying students letting the admins know how they feel about the statue.

The monument was built specifically to honor the UNC students who fought and died in the war, thats why its on campus.

The Confederate veteran that gave that speech was a racist bigot and a disgrace, I agree.
and the statue is a symbol of that mentality..................... and that can not be argued when that mentality is put on display at said statue's unveiling.

Reactions: popmurtha
Nah you're right. This is a very cool statue, my dude. Glad you're defending it.

1913. Let's say that again. 1913.

What was the significance? You mean the people who just lost the war weren't putting these up? Wonder why? Was it because they fvcking knew better? Could it have been a resurgence in suppressing African Americans in the south under the guise of "southern pride?"

It doesn't take Neil DeGrasse-Tyson to figure this shit out, guys.

Reactions: CpEER
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT