ADVERTISEMENT

Rich Rod fired at Arizona

whoaaa whats arizona doing?? he went 7-6 this year and only lost his bowl game by 3 points they won't get anyone better out there

Reactions: HugoStiglitz
I'm sure something else will come up. Glenville went 4-7 this season so maybe they're looking for a new coach.

Part of me wants to gloat but another part of me feels a little sad that he can't seem to help but piss things away. Sometimes young guys do stupid stuff and learn from their mistakes and between that and testosterone lessening as they get older they have more sense by the time they get into their 50s. But apparently not RR.

The agency that used to represent him says he owes 230 K. If he held onto the job beyond March 2018 he'd have been entitled to a bunch of money. Maybe his buyout won't even go through if UA can prove he violated his contract. His son, who plays at UA and who probably (although I don't really know for sure) only got a scholarship because his Dad was the UA coach is probably going to have to transfer or play as a walk on now. (Or maybe he was a walk on already.) He has embarrassed his family. And on top of all that he's probably not going to get another job after this or at least not only nearly the caliber of his last three.

There is a larger lesson in this for us all. Just stay under control and treat others decently because if you don't you may pay for it down the road.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...b0f5c5ce06.html#tracking-source=home-featured

I just read that UA says it will honor the separation terms, which I think means RR will get his buyout money, although whatever it is it won't be as much as if he had lasted beyond March.

I'm sure something else will come up. Glenville went 4-7 this season so maybe they're looking for a new coach.

Part of me wants to gloat but another part of me feels a little sad that he can't seem to help but piss things away. Sometimes young guys do stupid stuff and learn from their mistakes and between that and testosterone lessening as they get older they have more sense by the time they get into their 50s. But apparently not RR.

The agency that used to represent him says he owes 230 K. If he held onto the job beyond March 2018 he'd have been entitled to a bunch of money. Maybe his buyout won't even go through if UA can prove he violated his contract. His son, who plays at UA and who probably (although I don't really know for sure) only got a scholarship because his Dad was the UA coach is probably going to have to transfer or play as a walk on now. (Or maybe he was a walk on already.) He has embarrassed his family. And on top of all that he's probably not going to get another job after this or at least not only nearly the caliber of his last three.

There is a larger lesson in this for us all. Just stay under control and treat others decently because if you don't you may pay for it down the road.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...b0f5c5ce06.html#tracking-source=home-featured
RR is a very talented coach. Unfortunately he is like so many whose characters do not match their talents. Lack of character is always their demise.

Shows how you get a coach fired now.

Just get a pretty young thing to throw herself at the coach and have her claim he grabbed her butt.

Instead of having to sabotage a whole season.

Shows how you get a coach fired now.

Just get a pretty young thing to throw herself at the coach and have her claim he grabbed her butt.

Instead of having to sabotage a whole season.
UA sure screwed up that plan. Their investigation found no merit to her claims, while UA is being sued by the claimant and still owes RR the full buyout. If their plan was to fabricate a sexual claim in order to fire RR their execution was the worst since the WVU offense in the HoD Bowl.

UA sure screwed up that plan. Their investigation found no merit to her claims, while UA is being sued by the claimant and still owes RR the full buyout. If their plan was to fabricate a sexual claim in order to fire RR their execution was the worst since the WVU offense in the HoD Bowl.

I didn't read the details of the story.
They investigated her story and found it to be untrue and still fired him.
If that is what happened it sound like they already had someone else in mind.
I am hearing Kevin Sumlin. We will wait and see.
If it is true then UofA will look horrible if they try to fight the buyout.
Similar to USC and Steve Sarkisian. They tried to call him a drunk and I guess their fight is still going on.
It all comes down to the fact that Stanford is attempting to run the PAC 12 network with the conference by not allowing any other media networks to get their hands on it.
The PAC 12 has replaced the Big XII as Public Enemy #1 at ESPN so I am glad.
All their universities are all short on cash except Stanford who gets 3 billion a year off interest from their endowment.

Last edited:
DRod hasn’t been much more than average at UA. I wonder if he’ll bad mouth UA like he did to WVU. He is a bullshit artist. I really thinknthose ridiculous promotion videos he did at UA for the football team with him in western gear are very telling. They evidence what an inflated self ego he has and how childish he is. I wonder if any power 5 team would take him on as a OC or is he relegated to a G5 job now.

Reactions: hbeacheer
Don't they know that all these women who Rich has hit on for 40 years are lying? He's a one woman man, the one he's trying to get in the pants of at that particular minute.

Everyone else is wrong. He does admit to not being perfect in his twitter spin. But is this not perfection?

His ego precedes him

Don't they know that all these women who Rich has hit on for 40 years are lying? He's a one woman man, the one he's trying to get in the pants of at that particular minute.

What a shock!
Never would have imagined such behavior at least with an assistant. That's not the same as with a realtor or cheerleader.

So does Rhett Rodriguez decommit from his 3rd school and move on again?

Last edited:
Not a RR fan, so this is not a defense of him but defense in general. This new age of Guilty until proven innocent is very dangerous. Not only to the accused but for women in the work force.

Facebook executive Sheryl Sandberg warned Sunday morning about the potential for women to wind up on the losing end of what seems like a watershed moment in feminism.

“managers are afraid to be alone with a woman colleague, in part because of fears of being accused of sexual harassment,” she writes. “The problem with this is that mentoring almost always occurs in one-on-one settings. One of the most gratifying responses I got from Lean In was when senior men acknowledged that they had been giving fewer opportunities to women, often without really thinking about it. I got call after call where CEOs and some of the most senior men in many industries told me, ‘I never really thought about it before ― but you are right that I take men on the trip and to the dinner rather than women and that is unfair.’”

Reactions: megadrone
not a RR fan either, but the article did state that he passed a voluntary polygraph test while the woman failed hers. so you may have a good point there Steve.

Not a RR fan, so this is not a defense of him but defense in general. This new age of Guilty until proven innocent is very dangerous. Not only to the accused but for women in the work force.

Facebook executive Sheryl Sandberg warned Sunday morning about the potential for women to wind up on the losing end of what seems like a watershed moment in feminism.

“managers are afraid to be alone with a woman colleague, in part because of fears of being accused of sexual harassment,” she writes. “The problem with this is that mentoring almost always occurs in one-on-one settings. One of the most gratifying responses I got from Lean In was when senior men acknowledged that they had been giving fewer opportunities to women, often without really thinking about it. I got call after call where CEOs and some of the most senior men in many industries told me, ‘I never really thought about it before ― but you are right that I take men on the trip and to the dinner rather than women and that is unfair.’”

And VP Pence was criticized for following the behavior you quote. Go figure.

I agree that it's getting crazy and if we're going to function as a society we're going to have to come up with some set of rules where womens complaints are taken seriously on the one hand but not automatically taken as gospel on the other. Some sort of due process has to happen. That said, even the sexual harassment allegations aside, RR was close to the edge of being fired for not winning enough. I think this was the final straw rather than the whole reason.

And I'm not particularly a fan of him politically but yes, Pence's position on this is looking better and better.

There's a reason polygraph results aren't allowed in court, and haven't been for decades, they've been proven not provide valid results time and time again. They're useless for their proclaimed purposes. About all the are is an antiquated heart monitor and bp measuring device. You'd be better off trying to tell if someone is lying with a fitness monitor.

Arizona said in their initial announcement that Ricardo was on his way out the door, the allegations simply sped up the process.

Correct. And "Arizona Athletics did become aware of information, both before and during the investigation, which caused it to be concerned with the direction and climate of the football program." So, UA is saying that there were other issues with DRod involving the program.
Also, she never took a polygraph. And, it would make no sense for her to "cooperate" with her Employer's "investigation". If she is bringing a civil Title VII claim against her Employer (UA), it makes zero sense (for her) to serve herself up to her adversary offering them statements or to go in and voluntarily take a polygraph administered by her opponent. They are her adversary. The Employer will have the right to confront her and depose her during the legal case. I'm not saying that I agree with anything she's doing or that it's right for any Employer or the public to 'convict' a man accused of sexual harassment without full due process.
My point is simply that when you have a civil claim pending, you don't show up at your adversary's office and volunteer statements to them to use against you in the pending litigation. After she files suit, UA (and DRod if he's named as a Defendant in the civil case) will have their chance to take her deposition and she will have the burden of proof to establish her case.

There's a reason polygraph results aren't allowed in court, and haven't been for decades, they've been proven not provide valid results time and time again. They're useless for their proclaimed purposes. About all the are is an antiquated heart monitor and bp measuring device. You'd be better off trying to tell if someone is lying with a fitness monitor.

Arizona said in their initial announcement that Ricardo was on his way out the door, the allegations simply sped up the process.

This is driving me nuts but I've noticed lately that CBS Sports has decided to annoy people to no end by dropping that video clip down into the reading area after you scroll so far.

I can't find a way to get rid of it. Anyone else have this problem?
Yep. But i scrolled past by letting it drift once reading upto the add. Said differently, if you touch the add to scroll you are screeed.

I guess the big question is: If given a polygraph in 2006, would have Rich Rod passed with the "I'll stay as long as they'll keep me"???? [laughing]

Yep. But i scrolled past by letting it drift once reading upto the add. Said differently, if you touch the add to scroll you are screeed.
What interests me(other than his personal issues) is the timing of the school’s decision. They have some time to pick their next HC and sell him to their LOI s. They may be able to preserve much of this year’s recruiting. Wonder if NCAA will allow these players to transfer with out penalty. Interesting.

I just got offen the phone. I understand that RR is going to use the 'out the door' money ($5M+) that he receives from Arizona to pay the 'out the door' money that Holgs is to receive from WVU as he vacates. RR will be the new WVU coach soon and all will be well for Mountaineer fans everywhere. Why would RR do this? Well, to set himself up to a new and lucrative contract as coach in his home state. A state that he loves so much where there is still gold to be mined. My only comment to RR would be..........."RR, you gotta promise to never leave us in the middle of a game again!" Warez

If Petrinio can come back to Louisville why cant RR come back to WVU

not a RR fan either, but the article did state that he passed a voluntary polygraph test while the woman failed hers. so you may have a good point there Steve.

The article's author didn't say that. That was a claim made by Rodriguez about him and his accuser. That's like Rick Pitino saying he passed a polygraph test about not knowing anything about U of L cheating. That's not proof at all, that's just a statement made in both cases by the guy who got FIRED!

As for the former employed assistant accuser not cooperating with U of A's internal investigation, why would she? This lady has a $7.5 million lawsuit filed! No attorney worth anything would allow cooperation by their client in a no rules internal investigation when her side (her attorney) doesn't get an equal shake at Rodriguez & all witnesses under other.

Karma is a real bitch and Dick is gonna get a visit from her.

images

Oh please do not start that up. While I miss the passion and excitement of his teams, in no way do I miss him. This article is just the tip of the iceberg where RR is concerned and his antics of this nature. Frankly, I am surprised much more has not come out about him and it should have come out years ago. His escapades have been a poorly kept secret at best and surely everyone at UA knew about it before they hired him. I am sure many at WVU informed Michigan as he transition to there. WVU, indeed, West Virginia is a better place with never seeing RR's face again.

Oh please do not start that up. While I miss the passion and excitement of his teams, in no way do I miss him. This article is just the tip of the iceberg where RR is concerned and his antics of this nature. Frankly, I am surprised much more has not come out about him and it should have come out years ago. His escapades have been a poorly kept secret at best and surely everyone at UA knew about it before they hired him. I am sure many at WVU informed Michigan as he transition to there. WVU, indeed, West Virginia is a better place with never seeing RR's face again.

But.........but..................Rich will run out of money unless he very quickly secures gainful employment. Rich and family are high rollers and are used to the easy money that comes with coaching. WVU should bring him back into the fold so that his family doesn't suffer! Warez

Yes but Pet Rino is a butt and UL likes stink. Louisville is allowed to cheat and Pet Rino has a Bike.

11116409-large.jpg

While a polygraph is not admissible in court, it is relevant that he passed his test and the accuser did not. Not only that, but she refused to even cooperate with the investigation. Look, I am not a RR fan by any stretch but this guilty before facts are known and guilt is established society we live in is getting very dangerous. The mere mention of a sexual allegation results in an immediate judgment and consequences. It is just wrong.

Reactions: WVUGUIDO
Perhaps this was the real reason for the firing

Rodriguez was 43-39 in six seasons at Arizona.

Rodriguez also acknowledged an extramarital affair with a woman not affiliated with the university, saying he apologized to his wife and family. and is working to regain their trust.

"I am not a perfect man, but the claims by my former assistant are simply not true and her demands for a financial settlement are outrageous," Rodriguez said. "I am saddened that these accusations and investigation have caused my family additional stress."

Arizona Athletic Director Dave Heeke announced Rodriguez's firing in a statement issued by the school and said the separation terms of his contract will be honored.

Not a RR fan after he left is high and dry, but this is a world we live in. He cheated on his wife, which really comes as no shock, but the allegations seem to be very flimsy.

Arizona does not want to get left behind in the pack 12 and just wanted a new head coach in my opinion.

I wonder if he accepts his buyout if he could sue for wrongful termination? I mean if the University really believe that he did this and it warrants a ground of termination, why in the world give him the buyout?

Rich Rodriguez should never be rehired here again. I’m all for second chances, but this guy is just too much drama and baggage. And it’s not like he’s Bear Bryant in terms of winning. He’s a good coach. I’ll give him that. However, he’s “not that f-ing special” in his own words when referring to WV. I enjoyed his years here as our coach, but he chose a different path. Everyone has that right. Just as we have the right to move past him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT