ADVERTISEMENT

Rich Rod fired at Arizona

@TruWVblu- Reading comprehension isn't your forte is it? Read my post above. For chrissakes, she didn't take a polygraph, nor would any lawyer allow her to take any polygraph administered by her former employer who is her pending adversary. And just because he claims he "passed" a polygraph, doesn't mean that happened. Also, the employer (UA), who can be held vicariously liable in this context, is not going to make any admission that its employee committed acts for which they will be held liable.

While a polygraph is not admissible in court, it is relevant that he passed his test and the accuser did not. Not only that, but she refused to even cooperate with the investigation. Look, I am not a RR fan by any stretch but this guilty before facts are known and guilt is established society we live in is getting very dangerous. The mere mention of a sexual allegation results in an immediate judgment and consequences. It is just wrong.

DC_Mountaineer

What do you mean "IF"? The guy isn't a good guy. Too faced and phony and of little character. Never takes responsibility for his mistakes.

He's done in coaching unless he settles, quickly and quietly. The more noise and longer this draws on, the worse for him. This may mean endorsing that U of A buyout settlement or a large part of it over to this lady to settle quickly. In today's climate, schools ain't hiring him. If former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze who has a real good record can't get a job for just being caught calling hookers and cheating, Rodriguez ain't getting a job with a sexual harassment suit given his record.

I don't disagree. I'm just saying there's a lot of stuff in that article, and it's all pretty detailed. Earlier everyone was screaming about being guilty until proven innocent, and maybe that's true, but that article is.....not good.

DC_Mountaineer

What do you mean "IF"? The guy isn't a good guy. Too faced and phony and of little character. Never takes responsibility for his mistakes.

He's done in coaching unless he settles, quickly and quietly. The more noise and longer this draws on, the worse for him. This may mean endorsing that U of A buyout settlement or a large part of it over to this lady to settle quickly. In today's climate, schools ain't hiring him. If former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze who has a real good record can't get a job for just being caught calling hookers and cheating, Rodriguez ain't getting a job with a sexual harassment suit given his record.

11116409-large.jpg

Every time I see that picture I always remember the modified photo which said, "Doesn't Matter, Had Sex!"

D.C.

Fair enough. I was just venting/explaining what I see vs remember from his previous stint in the 26505. I think he's done.

If anyone of you venture over to Arizona's message boards to talk about RichRod attempt to reinforce the message of how Arizona and the PAC 12 schools are short on cash and that is the reason why they fired him.

Very much like Todd Graham at Arizona St Arizona is looking to get rid of the coach that gives them a chance to compete to throw in the towel for a noname coach.

The Arizona schools are one of the 15-20 schools the Big XII are interested in grabbing.
Arizona has a lot in common with Texas and Oklahoma.
The Arizona schools have never fit in the PAC 10/12 conference as when they entered the conference in the late 1970's they were automatically labeled second class universities.
The Arizona schools have history with Texas Tech as they were once in the same conference before.

Reactions: WVU80ate
DC_Mountaineer

I dunno, I think Marshall would hire him, he seems to have all the qualities they value most.

In addition to the sexual misconduct charges Rod is being sued by some sort of publicity firm for failure to pay his bill. And, of course, we all remember that when he left WVU he tried to avoid paying his buyout. He even went so far as to say WVU wouldn't consider Calvin McGee as a replacement because he is black. At Michigan he was involved in a practice scandal and then there was that flap about some shady land deal. Then there was that image of an opposing Big Ten coach approaching Rod with a player in tow at the 50 yard line. Never did find out why that was about. Then there was that Michigan player who left for Ohio State because of the degrading way Rod treats his players. And on and on. In my opinion he is getting what he deserved.

The Arizona schools are one of the 15-20 schools the Big XII are interested in grabbing.
Arizona has a lot in common with Texas and Oklahoma.
The Arizona schools have never fit in the PAC 10/12 conference as when they entered the conference in the late 1970's they were automatically labeled second class universities.
The Arizona schools have history with Texas Tech as they were once in the same conference before.

Where did you come up with the bull$hit you post on this board? I've seen some of your other posts and I've never seen such horse$hit typing with a straight face in all my years on here.

Where did you come up with the bull$hit you post on this board? I've seen some of your other posts and I've never seen such horse$hit typing with a straight face in all my years on here.

You should conduct some research before opening your mouth.
The Arizona schools have only been in the Pac for 40 years as they left the WAC when the PAC 8 was having attendance issues and both Arizona schools had great attendance in all sports.

The issues is where does Arizona and Arizona St see itself in 30 years.
I lived in Southern California and the problem with this is that the state of California provides both schools with many students as well as athletes but I think if they wanted to they could substitute Texas for California.

Both schools would fit perfect in a Big XII with two divisions
West
Texas
Oklahoma
Arizona
Arizona St
Texas Tech
Oklahoma St

East
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
West Virginia
TCU
Baylor

"Hair Club For Men" stocks must have plummeted like a rock when the news of DRod getting fired hit. I wonder how "Bosley Hair Care Systems" is weathering the market uproar?

The article's author didn't say that. That was a claim made by Rodriguez about him and his accuser. That's like Rick Pitino saying he passed a polygraph test about not knowing anything about U of L cheating. That's not proof at all, that's just a statement made in both cases by the guy who got FIRED!

As for the former employed assistant accuser not cooperating with U of A's internal investigation, why would she? This lady has a $7.5 million lawsuit filed! No attorney worth anything would allow cooperation by their client in a no rules internal investigation when her side (her attorney) doesn't get an equal shake at Rodriguez & all witnesses under other.

Karma is a real bitch and Dick is gonna get a visit from her.

the polygraph claim is what I read on rivals main board, not by RR. it was also noted that he "brushed up against her breast" while he told her not to tell or husband nor his wife as he gave her $1500 in cash. all of which she TOOK! like I said earlier, im NOT a RR fan, but some of these sexual misconduct claims seem a little fishy to me!

the polygraph claim is what I read on rivals main board, not by RR. it was also noted that he "brushed up against her breast" while he told her not to tell or husband nor his wife as he gave her $1500 in cash. all of which she TOOK! like I said earlier, im NOT a RR fan, but some of these sexual misconduct claims seem a little fishy to me!

Wow! $1500 for a simple 'brush up'? I would pay that bidly amount in a skinny minute for a 'brush up'! Warez

You have to unwrap the bullshit from fact in this story.
UofA didn't want to pay a coach that much for 7-6 seasons so instead of firing him and paying the buyout they have an employee create a story or she might be telling the truth but because of RichRod's paycheck UofA wants this information public.

I just wondered once said and done who this woman and her husband start working for.
It will make you wonder what is up if she is hired by a Zona alumni or is promoted by the university.

RichRod may be a POS but UofA should be paying the POS according to the contract they both agreed with.

You have to unwrap the bullshit from fact in this story.
UofA didn't want to pay a coach that much for 7-6 seasons so instead of firing him and paying the buyout they have an employee who is creating a story or might be telling the truth but because of RichRod's paycheck UofA wants this information public.

I just wondered once said and done who this woman and her husband start working for.
It will make you wonder what is up if she is hired by a Zona alumni or is promoted by the university.

RichRod may be a POS but UofA should be paying the POS according to the contract they both agreed with.

You'll get over it. RR is already over it. He's in the counting room right now and is waiting on the Brinks truck to haul his take over to da vault. Warez

Hank's back. How's that hip ol' top?

there has to be a 30 for 30 segment on rrod's human tragedy of a career...he will be like the tonya harding of college football coaches (sorry for the slight tonya)

You should conduct some research before opening your mouth.
The Arizona schools have only been in the Pac for 40 years as they left the WAC when the PAC 8 was having attendance issues and both Arizona schools had great attendance in all sports.

The issues is where does Arizona and Arizona St see itself in 30 years.
I lived in Southern California and the problem with this is that the state of California provides both schools with many students as well as athletes but I think if they wanted to they could substitute Texas for California.

Both schools would fit perfect in a Big XII with two divisions
West
Texas
Oklahoma
Arizona
Arizona St
Texas Tech
Oklahoma St

East
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
West Virginia
TCU
Baylor

I'm not questioning the Arizona stuff, it's your comments in general about schools moving around. There's never been any mention of the Big 12 interested in those 2 schools. That is WAY out of each other's jurisdiction as far as spreading the conference out. Plus, they're gonna make WVU travel to the Arizona multiple times per year?
This is the kind of stuff I was referring to in one other post I read of you:

"The Big XII has bigger fish in the sea.
If you see Auburn move to the SEC East and Missouri move to the SEC West and the SEC HQ move to Atlanta then the Big XII might pull off the unimaginable feet that is to extract 4 schools from the SEC."

Or this: "I think the ACC stays but if the ACC stays and the Big XII stays there is a chance that because of egos and politics the SEC gets spilt right down the middle with Bama being forced to go independent."

This stuff is complete and total nonsense. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Reactions: Phil
I'm not questioning the Arizona stuff, it's your comments in general about schools moving around. There's never been any mention of the Big 12 interested in those 2 schools. That is WAY out of each other's jurisdiction as far as spreading the conference out. Plus, they're gonna make WVU travel to the Arizona multiple times per year?
This is the kind of stuff I was referring to in one other post I read of you:

"The Big XII has bigger fish in the sea.
If you see Auburn move to the SEC East and Missouri move to the SEC West and the SEC HQ move to Atlanta then the Big XII might pull off the unimaginable feet that is to extract 4 schools from the SEC."

Or this: "I think the ACC stays but if the ACC stays and the Big XII stays there is a chance that because of egos and politics the SEC gets spilt right down the middle with Bama being forced to go independent."

This stuff is complete and total nonsense. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Maybe from a West Virginia perspective but not from a Texas perspective.
The Arizona schools fit the geographical footprint as the Arizona territory was started by Texans moving West.
Many people in Arizona would much rather align with Texas than California. The problem is that a lot of the alumni live and are from California so leaving the PAC 12 to them will never work.

In 2012 UT and the Big XII sent feelers out towards the Arizona schools and from what I have heard from the people I know who work at Tech and UT the Big XII might do it again because of the financial situation in the PAC 12.

Last edited:
RR has unfinished business at WVU. If he apologizes and promises to not leave us hanging again.........let's let bygones be bygones. Sound OK? Warez

exactly. I know you are trolling but I agree.

Bring back Rich Rod

Bring back Rich Rod
As much as I loved his WVU teams here last time, in no way do I think we need that drama and baggage here again. Plus, I don’t like being used. He would use us again to get somewhere else. If he can even win here again. That’s debatable imo

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
As much as I loved his WVU teams here last time, in no way do I think we need that drama and baggage here again. Plus, I don’t like being used. He would use us again to get somewhere else. If he can even win here again. That’s debatable imo

Ego is always the downfall of a coach. As a huge Rich Rod fan, he does have one hell of an ego. That may have been due to how much success he had at WVU and how everyone looked up to him and then he thought he could do better. And if I was a younger, successful coach like he was, I would have took the Michigan job as well because, let's face it, they are a top 3 football program in history. I will never blame him for leaving to go there. Now for Beilein wanting to leave, going to Michigan didn't make that much sense because Michigan had not been relevant since the Fab 5 and even though I miss his offense, I'm glad we got the coach we have.

If Huggins was younger like Rich Rod was at the time, no doubt in my mind would Huggins take another job that is considered better. No one stays just because it is their home or comes back home early in their career. If that was true, we'd have Jimbo Fisher as our head coach in football right now or possibly Saban.

I have no doubt Rich Rod could recruit and put together an amazing offense. He will just have to let go of his ego and hire a good DC that is not a close friend of his.

Reactions: WVU80ate
Ego is always the downfall of a coach. As a huge Rich Rod fan, he does have one hell of an ego. That may have been due to how much success he had at WVU and how everyone looked up to him and then he thought he could do better. And if I was a younger, successful coach like he was, I would have took the Michigan job as well because, let's face it, they are a top 3 football program in history. I will never blame him for leaving to go there. Now for Beilein wanting to leave, going to Michigan didn't make that much sense because Michigan had not been relevant since the Fab 5 and even though I miss his offense, I'm glad we got the coach we have.

If Huggins was younger like Rich Rod was at the time, no doubt in my mind would Huggins take another job that is considered better. No one stays just because it is their home or comes back home early in their career. If that was true, we'd have Jimbo Fisher as our head coach in football right now or possibly Saban.

I have no doubt Rich Rod could recruit and put together an amazing offense. He will just have to let go of his ego and hire a good DC that is not a close friend of his.
I’ll be surprised if he’s a head coach again. Maybe a midmajor will take a chance. Idk. I certainly don’t think his ego will allow him to be demoted as an OC for someone else. My guess is, he’ll retire.

What makes you think he'd be any good if he could if he came back? Since leaving WVU 10 years ago has:

Been fired from 2 jobs
58-57 overall record
30-48 conference record

His recent track record is MUCH worse than Dana's, so I'm not sure why you're such a fan. And that's not even taking into consideration the sexual harassment lawsuits.

Bring back Rich Rod

You dah one that's trolling. Besides, it takes a troll to call out another troll. By the way, RR didn't get 'fired' at Arizona. Rich quit the job in order to get the 'out the door' bucks. He was short on cash and knew he could quickly land a new big time HC job. Warez

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Drod has been stealing money for a very long time. Way overrated coach who feasted on a very average BE.

Dana's only BCS bowl win was when he "feasted on a very average BE" (also one that was weaker than the one that Rich Rod coached in)

If he can even win here again. That’s debatable imo

I sometimes get caught up in remembering how good we were when RichRod was here. But honestly, I think Pat White was the difference between "good" and "great"... and White is a once-in-a-generation get. I think he made Rod look better than he was.

Coach Rod was 0-3 in bowl games - with an average margin of defeat of 24 points - until Pat White came. WVU went 4-0 in bowls with Pat White. Since White graduated, we are 2-7 in bowl games.

I think if Rod came back we would not duplicate the success, IMO. So why divide the boosters and introduce that drama into the program. (Though it would make the message boards very lively. ha)

Thankfully, our country has evolved to where we believe women who claim sexual improprieties. Supervisors and others in authority who engage in consensual sex also are guilty of improprieties because it's an unfair balance of power where the "consent" is really yielding to an imbalance of power. Terry Bowden got caught in the same improprieties at Auburn. This happens almost exclusively with males who have power, by virtue of their position in the company or otherwise. Rarely by women in that situation. That doesn't speak well of males. I still think Rich did well by WVU till the day he began badmouthing us for financial reasons. I am grate for those seasons, including 2007 despite the stumble against Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT