ADVERTISEMENT

Report: ACC Expected To Play Conference-Only Football

Wait a couple minutes. TVZ (FakeEverything) will post why none of this matters and then recounts why he told us so in the past. He will also add some anti white, neo racist comments to show how woke he/she/it is.

Doesn't matter for WVU...

Plus that is a month old.
Rumor is ACC is trying to play conference +1.

So some schools can keep their rivals on the schedule

Tweet says if the P5...
Not if the B1G. Whoever wrote the article is a horrible journalist. The title has zero truth to it because the tweet mentions the P5.

In the ACC that doesn't just mean the B1G.

Article was written July 9, 2020 at 4:27 pm

DUMBASS!

Did you actually read the article.

It is piggy backing off of a tweet that quotes the ACC commissioner. The statement is a month old.

Before the B1G commissioner went off on their own and decided without anyone

You know the B1G commissioner lied to the Big 12 and SEC yesterday morning

Did you actually read the article.

It is piggy backing off of a tweet that quotes the ACC commissioner. The statement is a month old.

Before the B1G commissioner went off on their own and decided without anyone

You know the B1G commissioner lied to the Big 12 and SEC yesterday morning

Tweet was July 9th. The ACC doesn't control Notre Dame. Why the hell are you even here dumbass? Does Texas not have a board?

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/202...rence-only-football-schedule-for-2020-season/

Notre Dame will benefit by picking up weaker ACC teams helping them go UNBEATEN. They then take ACC spot away from them in the playoffs. What a laughing stock that would turn out for ACC.

Notre Dame is not obligated to share any payouts from bowl appearances that other ACC schools are obligated to share.

That’s not how the playoffs work or the ACC works Allen. ND and an ACC team have already been in playoffs the same yr. 2018. ACC doesn’t have a full financial relationship with ND on the football side. If anything it will help Clemson and ND both get in. Allen I’m not sure we get a season in.

Tweet was July 9th. The ACC doesn't control Notre Dame. Why the hell are you even here dumbass? Does Texas not have a board?

Read the tweet.
Are you that stupid. Read the tweet and see what it says...

Then you say maybe things have changed.

Especially since the B1G lied.

They were suppose to wait it out.

Their fault. They could end up looking like idiots.

Read the tweet.
Are you that stupid. Read the tweet and see what it says...

Then you say maybe things have changed.

Especially since the B1G lied.

They were suppose to wait it out.

Their fault. They could end up looking like idiots.

Read my L E T T E R S

Eat Shit And Die!

Ban Hammer coming your way!

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
That’s not how the playoffs work or the ACC works Allen. ND and an ACC team have already been in playoffs the same yr. 2018. ACC doesn’t have a full financial relationship with ND on the football side. If anything it will help Clemson and ND both get in. Allen I’m not sure we get a season in.

I don't think the season gets started either. Even if some miracle it does they won't finish. But ACC would be very unhappy if a non conference member beats 10 of their teams and knocks them out of the playoffs.

As of right now...

The ACC and Big 12 should be announcing something by July 25th.

Both are in limbo because of the SEC.

We will see.
SEC is who everyone revolves around..
Nothing against the B1G but they aren't who they think they are.

As of right now...

The ACC and Big 12 should be announcing something by July 25th.

Both are in limbo because of the SEC.

We will see.
SEC is who everyone revolves around..
Nothing against the B1G but they aren't who they think they are.
Both in limbo because of the SEC.? NCAA asked conferences to wait 2 weeks. That is what the B12 is doing.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Both in limbo because of the SEC.? NCAA asked conferences to wait 2 weeks. That is what the B12 is doing.

NCAA has zero say with football.

Conference +1 doesn't change much.

Especially if those games are regional somewhat

You may have a few that aren't but for the most part these conferences can blend in a OOC game that make sense

That's different than saying NCAA has no say in FB.

NCAA has said they will support any decision made that takes player's safety in account.

I don't know the numbers for all the schools in the Big 12 but Texas has close to 60% of their players who have been exposed to CV
Chance of them getting it twice is very very small. Only been a few cases of this happening worldwide.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/202...rence-only-football-schedule-for-2020-season/

Notre Dame will benefit by picking up weaker ACC teams helping them go UNBEATEN. They then take ACC spot away from them in the playoffs. What a laughing stock that would turn out for ACC.

Notre Dame is not obligated to share any payouts from bowl appearances that other ACC schools are obligated to share.

That is untrue.

ND is part of the ACC minor bowl lineup. If ND makes an ACC bowl, that bowl's payout to ND goes into the ACC bowl pot to share.

If ND made the Orange Bowl, they have a separate payout that it keeps.

But, every other ACC bowl involved, ND shares the bowl money regarding the bowl it makes.

That is untrue.

ND is part of the ACC minor bowl lineup. If ND makes an ACC bowl, that bowl's payout to ND goes into the ACC bowl pot to share.

If ND made the Orange Bowl, they have a separate payout that it keeps.

But, every other ACC bowl involved, ND shares the bowl money regarding the bowl it makes.

I suggest you let the adults talk sports and you can continue with sponge bob square pants...

ND can play in the orange bowl, but not as a REPLACEMENT for an ACC team

The orange gets the second ACC team (NOT ND!!!) if their champ go to the playoff

Aside from its ACC money, (5.8 Million) Notre Dame also has a television deal with NBC that runs through 2025 and pays $15 million annually — a deal that has been in place since 1991. Notre Dame is also not obligated to share any payouts from bowl appearances that other ACC schools are obligated to share.

https://slapthesign.com/2018/05/26/notre-dame-collects-5-8-million-acc-deal/

ACC Bowl Ties, Tie-Ins, Affiliations 2020-2021
– The ACC champion goes to the Capital One Orange Bowl unless it’s in the College Football Playoff, in which case the next-highest ranked ACC team will get in against the SEC this year. After this season, the highest-ranked available Big Ten team, SEC team, or Notre Dame will be eligible to face the ACC in years when the Orange isn’t in the CFP.

Notre Dame is eligible for any ACC bowl tie-in as long as it’s within one game of the team eligible for the slot. However, it can’t play in the Orange Bowl in the ACC’s place.

As a partial member, Notre Dame only receives a bowl share in years when it plays in an ACC-contracted bowl game, not including the Orange Bowl.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/01/acc-bowl-ties-affiliations-2020-2021

Last edited:
I suggest you let the adults talk sports and you can continue with sponge bob square pants...

ND can play in the orange bowl, but not as a REPLACEMENT for an ACC team

The orange gets the second ACC team (NOT ND!!!) if their champ go to the playoff

Aside from its ACC money, (5.8 Million) Notre Dame also has a television deal with NBC that runs through 2025 and pays $15 million annually — a deal that has been in place since 1991. Notre Dame is also not obligated to share any payouts from bowl appearances that other ACC schools are obligated to share.

https://slapthesign.com/2018/05/26/notre-dame-collects-5-8-million-acc-deal/

ACC Bowl Ties, Tie-Ins, Affiliations 2020-2021
– The ACC champion goes to the Capital One Orange Bowl unless it’s in the College Football Playoff, in which case the next-highest ranked ACC team will get in against the SEC this year. After this season, the highest-ranked available Big Ten team, SEC team, or Notre Dame will be eligible to face the ACC in years when the Orange isn’t in the CFP.

Notre Dame is eligible for any ACC bowl tie-in as long as it’s within one game of the team eligible for the slot. However, it can’t play in the Orange Bowl in the ACC’s place.

As a partial member, Notre Dame only receives a bowl share in years when it plays in an ACC-contracted bowl game, not including the Orange Bowl.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/01/acc-bowl-ties-affiliations-2020-2021

Isn’t that what the guy posted basically? Seemed like same thing. What part did I miss? ACC tie bowls ND splits with ACC. If they land in a non ACC tie in they get that to themselves. And can’t bump ACC out of Orange tie in. On TV side I think ACC bumps them a few mill for the branding value. Then I believe they split completely on the hoops side as a full ACC member on that side. That was always my understanding.

Isn’t that what the guy posted basically? Seemed like same thing. What part did I miss? ACC tie bowls ND splits with ACC. If they land in a non ACC tie in they get that to themselves. And can’t bump ACC out of Orange tie in. On TV side I think ACC bumps them a few mill for the branding value. Then I believe they split completely on the hoops side as a full ACC member on that side. That was always my understanding.

Yes you are correct. Notre Dame only splits the bowl revenue of bowls below the Orange that have ties to ACC. (when the Irish are in a New Year's Six bowl or any bowl not tied to ACC, they keep that money for themselves). ND still can qualify for the Orange Bowl, taking the slot for the Big Ten/SEC slot against the ACC. For ND to take that spot, they must rank above the remaining B1G and SEC teams after the Semifinals, Rose Bowl, and Sugar Bowl make their selections.

Notre Dame has access to most of the ACC’s bowl tie-ins as long as they are within one win of the potential qualifying ACC team.

Basically the ACC pays ND 5.8 million for their rights. Which is a sweet deal for both.

At the end of the day, you have to give the Notre Dame administration credit. They negotiated a hell of a deal with the ACC. The Irish receive stability for their basketball program while maintaining the ability to maximize the profitability of their football program and get paid for both.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Yes you are correct. Notre Dame only splits the bowl revenue of bowls below the Orange that have ties to ACC. (when the Irish are in a New Year's Six bowl or any bowl not tied to ACC, they keep that money for themselves). ND still can qualify for the Orange Bowl, taking the slot for the Big Ten/SEC slot against the ACC. For ND to take that spot, they must rank above the remaining B1G and SEC teams after the Semifinals, Rose Bowl, and Sugar Bowl make their selections.

Notre Dame has access to most of the ACC’s bowl tie-ins as long as they are within one win of the potential qualifying ACC team.

Basically the ACC pays ND 5.8 million for their rights. Which is a sweet deal for both.

At the end of the day, you have to give the Notre Dame administration credit. They negotiated a hell of a deal with the ACC. The Irish receive stability for their basketball program while maintaining the ability to maximize the profitability of their football program and get paid for both.

I think ND saved the ACC in some ways. And it’s a great partner for ND. I would not be surprised if ND reaches out to WVU and Texas for a game in the next month. Heard that in grapevine.

I think ND saved the ACC in some ways. And it’s a great partner for ND. I would not be surprised if ND reaches out to WVU and Texas for a game in the next month. Heard that in grapevine.

If OOC games are played Texas has a full schedule already. They don't have a game cancelled

AAC is a question. Even though the conference is still HQ in Providence I think the general push from University presidents will be OOC.
AAC is a hungry conference. They will be more than willing to take a chance

So, if I was correct, and did not say anything out of line or disrespectful, what was your bullshit post about then?

ND gets paid less money for television rights and conference payouts than any P5 school.

Wake Forest makes about the same, most ACC schools make more.

The Big Ten teams, even schools like Indiana and Purdue, make about $20 million a year more than ND in TV/conference money.

ND is not independent because of money. It would make many millions a year more if it joined the Big Ten and a few million a year more it football joined the ACC.

ND gets paid less money for television rights and conference payouts than any P5 school.

Wake Forest makes about the same, most ACC schools make more.

The Big Ten teams, even schools like Indiana and Purdue, make about $20 million a year more than ND in TV/conference money.

ND is not independent because of money. It would make many millions a year more if it joined the Big Ten and a few million a year more it football joined the ACC.

If ND was wanting to join a conference they would have done so years ago. They are using the ACC the same way they used the Big East. It pays for their Olympic sports and gives their basketball teams a home base to make the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT