ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons why Tennessee will win

Tennessee fans are harmless.
They just do not respect y'all.
Truthfully can you blame them.

LSU fans would eat Tennessee fans for lunch.
Talk about delusional.

Go home troll. The gate is closing.

Davy Crockett is gay? (No there’s anything wrong with that.)

Davey Crockett* was one of the first American folk heroes
Along with fellow Tennessean Andrew Jackson who was Crockett's political enemy.

When Crockett resigned from Congress he took on the cause of Texas.
Along with General Ben McCulloch, Crockett raised an Army and marched to Texas to fight the Mexican Army.

Nothing gay about him.
He is someone that even people from WV should be proud of because along with Andrew Jackson the Scot Irish immigrants of Appalachia were given a voice in American politics.

Before then no one cared about the "Frontier"

welp.gif

Damn, where have you been? LOL

No need to troll.
Just wondering why y'all are getting so offended by Tennessee.

Sounds like their fans are owing you on this board, their board and the main board

Don't know why the Tennessee fans think they have to come to this board. Are they worried, scared and shaking in their boots? Are they just indigent in hoping they can get some kind of victory out of all this?

By the way. Why the hell is a Texas fan here? Don't you have a board of your own? Being a troll you probably don't.

Don't know why the Tennessee fans think they have to come to this board. Are they worried, scared and shaking in their boots? Are they just indigent in hoping they can get some kind of victory out of all this?

By the way. Why the hell is a Texas fan here? Don't you have a board of your own? Being a troll you probably don't.

People like to talk CFB
Especially in Tennessee and Texas

I have said this before CFB message boards have been great in some ways but negative in others.
Like the United States in general CFB message boards have created a narrative.

For some fanbases like Nebraska and Aggy this narrative is special because anyone who questions it gets banned.

Y'all don't want to be like that. Enjoy people who have a different narrative than you.

Reactions: madmaxvol
People like to talk CFB

I have said this before CFB message boards have been great in some ways but negative in others.

For some fanbases like Nebraska and Aggy this narrative is special because anyone who questions it gets banned.

Y'all don't want to be like that. Enjoy people who have a different narrative than you.

You sound like a Herd fan, Pitt fan that hates WVU or a WVU fan that hates the current coaching staff. Move on.

You sound like a Herd fan, Pitt fan that hates WVU or a WVU fan that hates the current coaching staff. Move on.

Great way go bunker in.
I have told you and all WV fans they are welcome to UT message boards.
We actually do have a few WV fans on Surlyhorns as it has become the center of the Big XII on the internet.

Great way go bunker in.
We actually do have a few WV fans on Surlyhorns as it has become the center of the Big XII on the internet.

giphy.gif

Great way go bunker in.
Texas' record vs WVU since joining the Big 12 is 3-3. Truthfully, we don't respect your team either. Your history is amazing, but so were rotary phones.... You probably don't want us to bring up basketball at all. :smiley:

People like to talk CFB

There is an adult way to have a conversation on this board and then there are other ways. An adult way would be to discuss reasons why you think your team is improved, strong in one area, weak in another, players lost to graduation or the NFL, new players who look to be strong, etc. One of the other ways to attempt to have a conversation on this board by other teams' fans, and most often used, is to simply say "you suck, we're going to kick your ass, you're overrated, etc."

Texas' record vs WVU since joining the Big 12 is 3-3. Truthfully, we don't respect your team either. Your history is amazing, but so were rotary phones.... You probably don't want us to bring up basketball at all. :smiley:

Truthfully, Texas doesn't even respect the product they put on the field since 2010.
Even the 2012 and 2014 seasons are not good enough.
At the end of the day no one in Austin loses sleep about how the rest of the CFB world views the football program.

When UT is great everyone will know and no one has to tell people because you will see when the scoreboard is 48-7.

Truthfully, Texas doesn't even respect the product they put on the field since 2010.
Even the 2012 and 2014 seasons are not good enough.
At the end of the day no one in Austin loses sleep about how the rest of the CFB world views the football program.

When UT is great everyone will know and no one has to tell people because you will see when the scoreboard is 48-7.
That's legit and I certainly respect that outlook/opinion. UT is a sleeping giant which is probably why every journalist predicts you guys will return to glory every year, only to be disappointed. But it's bound to happen. Too much talent in Texas.

There is an adult way to have a conversation on this board and then there are other ways. An adult way would be to discuss reasons why you think your team is improved, strong in one area, weak in another, players lost to graduation or the NFL, new players who look to be strong, etc. One of the other ways to attempt to have a conversation on this board by other teams' fans, and most often used, is to simply say "you suck, we're going to kick your ass, you're overrated, etc."

Let's talk about the upcoming game
Not saying all WV fans but some are calling for a blowout of Tennessee.
It could happen but more realistically WVU will win a tough game because their players understand the system better.

I want y'all to win because if not than I have to hear about it from SEC fanboys.
Trust and believe anytime a Big XII team plays a SEC team it is more than just the teams on the field.

Let's talk about the upcoming game
Not saying all WV fans but some are calling for a blowout of Tennessee.
It could happen but more realistically WVU will win a tough game because their players understand the system better.

I want y'all to win because if not than I have to hear about it from SEC fanboys.
Trust and believe anytime a Big XII team plays a SEC team it is more than just the teams on the field.

I think we win by 14 points. The reasons: we have a lot of returners on offense, we have a QB who some experts think has a good shot at the Heisman, David Sills (don't need to say anymore), we have other good receivers (Jennings and Simms), we have several good running backs and the defense will be decent, not great but decent.
On Tennessee's side of the ball, they went 4-8 last year and have a brand new coach. Their most impressive win last year was a 2OT win over Georgia Tech, who went 5-6.

[
I think we win by 14 points. The reasons: we have a lot of returners on offense, we have a QB who some experts think has a good shot at the Heisman, David Sills (don't need to say anymore), we have other good receivers (Jennings and Simms), we have several good running backs and the defense will be decent, not great but decent.
On Tennessee's side of the ball, they went 4-8 last year and have a brand new coach. Their most impressive win last year was a 2OT win over Georgia Tech, who went 5-6.

Pretty on target...UT has nothing to lose and WVU has nothing to gain. If WVU wins...they beat a team that was winless in the SEC last year and was a couple of plays from finishing 2-10...so a WVU should be expected (Heisman candidate...All-American players, etc...). However, if UT wins, they have beaten a ranked team in their coach's debut and would make the worst of the SEC ('17 worst team in weaker division) equivalent to a team picked to be at or near the top of the Big-12. Tennessee has no pressure, since pretty much everyone except for UT fans expects WVU to trounce them.

[

Pretty on target...UT has nothing to lose and WVU has nothing to gain. If WVU wins...they beat a team that was winless in the SEC last year and was a couple of plays from finishing 2-10...so a WVU should be expected (Heisman candidate...All-American players, etc...). However, if UT wins, they have beaten a ranked team in their coach's debut and would make the worst of the SEC ('17 worst team in weaker division) equivalent to a team picked to be at or near the top of the Big-12. Tennessee has no pressure, since pretty much everyone except for UT fans expects WVU to trounce them.
You really think the players on Tennessee's roster feel like they have no pressure playing in the first game of the season and the first game under Pruitt in front of 60K fans? Ok. I agree that it's a win-win scenario for UT for sure, but who cares about the fans feeling pressure to win anyway?

[

WVU has media hype because of Will Grier.
Not saying there is no substance there but most of the Big XII is making a calculated bet on WVU against Tennessee and NC State.
Truth is a lot of us believe that WVU will make a trip to the South Plains at the end of September and get trounced.
But at least they will have a top 15 ranking.

If you truly want to compare the SEC/Big XII it will happen when two six win teams from 2017 face off in Houston.
Whoever wins the Tech/Ole Miss game has the bragging rights since the teams are evenly matched and Tech is a team that could play in Arlington.

Most people in Texas and Oklahoma do not believe in WVU.
Nothing against the Mountaineers but truth to be told they have not evolved like the rest of us.

Not saying there is no substance there but most of the Big XII is making a calculated bet on WVU against Tennessee and NC State.
Truth is a lot of us believe that WVU will make a trip to the South Plains at the end of September and get trounced.

If you truly want to compare the SEC/Big XII it will happen when two six win teams from 2017 face off in Houston.
Whoever wins the Tech/Ole Miss game has the bragging rights since the teams are evenly matched and Tech is a team that could play in Arlington.

Nothing against the Mountaineers but truth to be told they have not evolved like the rest of us.
That makes sense in many ways. I'm not quite sure how Texas can say they've EVOLVED like Oklahoma (Or the rest of us, whatever that means) though... For Texas, it actually seems more like a de-evolution, or a severe regression. What have you guys really accomplished in football over the last 7 years? Your record:
2010 Mack Brown 5–7 2–6 6th (South)
2011 Mack Brown 8–5 4–5 T-6th W Holiday
2012 Mack Brown 9–4 5–4 T-3rd W Alamo 18 19
2013 Mack Brown 8–5 7–2 T-2nd L Alamo
2014 Charlie Strong 6–7 5–4 T-5th L Texas
2015 Charlie Strong 5–7 4–5 T-5th
2016 Charlie Strong 5–7 3-6 T-6th
2017 Tom Herman 7–6 5-4
That's 53 wins over 7 years.... 7.5 wins per year average
So since 2010 you don't have a single double digit win season and you call that an evolution? Here's how we've done in the same period:
2010 Stewart 9–4 5–2 T-1st L Champs Sports
2011 Holgorsen 10–3 5–2 T-1st W Orange† 18 17
2012 Holgorsen 7–6 4–5 T-5th L Pinstripe
2013 Holgorsen 4–8 2–7 T-7th
2014 Holgorsen 7–6 5-4 T-4th L Liberty
2015 Holgorsen 8–5 4-5 5th W Cactus
2016 Holgorsen 10–3 7-2 T-2nd L Russell 17 18
2017 Holgorsen 7–6 5-4
59 wins over 7 years = 8.4 wins per year.... so explain this evolution to me again[roll][roll]

That makes sense in many ways. I'm not quite sure how Texas can say they've EVOLVED like Oklahoma (Or the rest of us, whatever that means) though... For Texas, it actually seems more like a de-evolution, or a severe regression. What have you guys really accomplished in football over the last 7 years? Your record:
2010 Mack Brown 5–7 2–6 6th (South)
2011 Mack Brown 8–5 4–5 T-6th W Holiday
2012 Mack Brown 9–4 5–4 T-3rd W Alamo 18 19
2013 Mack Brown 8–5 7–2 T-2nd L Alamo
2014 Charlie Strong 6–7 5–4 T-5th L Texas
2015 Charlie Strong 5–7 4–5 T-5th
2016 Charlie Strong 5–7 3-6 T-6th
2017 Tom Herman 7–6 5-4
That's 53 wins over 7 years.... 7.5 wins per year average
So since 2010 you don't have a single double digit win season and you call that an evolution? Here's how we've done in the same period:
2010 Stewart 9–4 5–2 T-1st L Champs Sports
2011 Holgorsen 10–3 5–2 T-1st W Orange† 18 17
2012 Holgorsen 7–6 4–5 T-5th L Pinstripe
2013 Holgorsen 4–8 2–7 T-7th
2014 Holgorsen 7–6 5-4 T-4th L Liberty
2015 Holgorsen 8–5 4-5 5th W Cactus
2016 Holgorsen 10–3 7-2 T-2nd L Russell 17 18
2017 Holgorsen 7–6 5-4
59 wins over 7 years = 8.4 wins per year.... so explain this evolution to me again[roll][roll]

WVU plays flag football still.
Most Big XII teams are accepting the fact that the AirRaid offense needed to undergo an evolution.
You started seeing some of this in 2011-2016.
Last year was the first year that it became the norm.

Texas Tech is looking to go to Houston to physically dominate Ole Miss.
Can't say the same about WVU.

This might be too much for you to comprehend but Texas physically dominated WVU last year in every phase of the game.

You really think the players on Tennessee's roster feel like they have no pressure playing in the first game of the season and the first game under Pruitt in front of 60K fans? Ok. I agree that it's a win-win scenario for UT for sure, but who cares about the fans feeling pressure to win anyway?

I'll take your questions point by point:

1). First game of the season...sure there will be some pressure for both teams;
2). First game under Pruitt...after last season, UT players lost all confidence in the staff...so I would say there is less pressure than there would have been without a coaching change;
3). In front of 60K fans....officially, UT had 65K at the '18 Spring game, so I don't believe that 60K (assuming that the game actually does sell out) will be that intimidating. https://www.seccountry.com/sec/2018-sec-spring-game-attendance-numbers. Average attendance for UT games last year (including away and neutral site) was just under 87,000. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2017.pdf. This game should be the smallest attendance of any that UT plays until they visit Vanderbilt the last week of the season. In other words...this will be the second smallest venue that UT will play all year.

WVU, on the other hand, plays in one stadium this season (Texas) where the official capacity is over 61,000 this season. Sure...there may be sold out games that slightly exceed that number, but not by much. So, 60,000 fans isn't very unusual for any UT players that have any game experience.

Reactions: colvolfan
Tennessee fans are harmless.
They just do not respect y'all.
Truthfully can you blame them.

LSU fans would eat Tennessee fans for lunch.
Talk about delusional.

First of all, Vols fans respect WVU/fans. It is ridiculous that we have never played before and I hope this game breaks the ice to playing more often.

Yeah, we can be a bit delusional, but fan is short for fanatic, so there is that.

Finally, we believe that we can surprise WVU. I hope we are right, but regardless I'm looking forward to the game against an excellent WVU team with great fans.

I'll take your questions point by point:

1). First game of the season...sure there will be some pressure for both teams;
2). First game under Pruitt...after last season, UT players lost all confidence in the staff...so I would say there is less pressure than there would have been without a coaching change;
3). In front of 60K fans....officially, UT had 65K at the '18 Spring game, so I don't believe that 60K (assuming that the game actually does sell out) will be that intimidating. https://www.seccountry.com/sec/2018-sec-spring-game-attendance-numbers. Average attendance for UT games last year (including away and neutral site) was just under 87,000. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2017.pdf. This game should be the smallest attendance of any that UT plays until they visit Vanderbilt the last week of the season. In other words...this will be the second smallest venue that UT will play all year.

WVU, on the other hand, plays in one stadium this season (Texas) where the official capacity is over 61,000 this season. Sure...there may be sold out games that slightly exceed that number, but not by much. So, 60,000 fans isn't very unusual for any UT players that have any game experience.[/QUOTE
WVU plays flag football still.
Most Big XII teams are accepting the fact that the AirRaid offense needed to undergo an evolution.
You started seeing some of this in 2011-2016.
Last year was the first year that it became the norm.

Texas Tech is looking to go to Houston to physically dominate Ole Miss.
Can't say the same about WVU.

This might be too much for you to comprehend but Texas physically dominated WVU last year in every phase of the game.
I like how you conveniently failed to acknowledge that you have a .500 record against us since we've joined the Big 12 and your record over the last 7 years is pathetic. Texas absolutely did dominate that game physically, however the score was 0-0 before Will Grier left the game in the first quarter. If you truly believe that you would have still won the game with him playing the entirety, then you can enjoy life on planet Mars. Texas does not beat WVU with a healthy Will Grier. Not a chance.

That's called physically dominating. But you know, they're 3-3 against us in the Big 12 and beat us when our QB broke his finger, so that's pretty impressive.

Wonder why your QB was running a bootleg instead of having the OL enforce their will on the goalline.

Your OL coach Joe Wickline is horrible. Cannot recruit nor do players progress under him.
With this I doubt your OL will be any tougher in 2018.

Reactions: pbody
Wonder why your QB was running a bootleg instead of having the OL enforce their will on the goalline.

Your OL coach Joe Wickline is horrible. Cannot recruit nor do players progress under him.
Agree on Wickline. Grier audibled into that play at the goal line. He has that freedom. Do you guys actually have a decent QB on the roster? I haven't seen good QB play from Texas since about 2010....

Agree on Wickline. Grier audibled into that play at the goal line. He has that freedom. Do you guys actually have a decent QB on the roster? I haven't seen good QB play from Texas since about 2010....

Everything starts in the trenches.
Texas will put out mature hungry men on the front lines.
If the D is elite and the OL lives up to expectations QB play will speak for itself.
At QB. Ehlinger is the alpha and leader that he needs to be.
In his third start he was Big XII offensive player of the week as a true freshman.
The 4th start he led UT back in Red River.

He is much better as a game manger in 2018. More importantly if the OLine opens holes he will become dynamic.

Texas is actually set at QB for the next 7-9 years.
Ehlinger for 2 to 3
Rising for 2 to 3
Then 2021 5 star recruit Preston Stone steps in.

Rising Redshirts this year. He is a future star. Another 6'3 230 pound QB that is an alpha.

Reactions: TheTruthof2018
The story of Sam Ehlinger will become apart of the National narrative around UT this year.

Both of his parents are UT graduates. His father passed away when he was 13. Sam stepped up and was the man of the house for his mother as an adolescent
Whatever happens to him he will be a success. A true Texas Longhorn. A leader on the football field and the McCombs School of Business.
He is a 40 year old man in the body of a 20 year old.
More importantly he learns from his mistakes and moves on
He never hangs his head in shame.
With that mentality you know he will come out on top.

Reactions: pbody

Have you ever noticed how there is an A and B conversation going on and C comes in and starts interjecting their lame-assed opinions?

That's you, Texass fan and your 12 alter-egos. See, you Texass fans think your opinion on things holds some kind of extra weight. Well, it doesn't. Nobody here gives a shit what you think. We just wish you'd, to use a vernacular you might be familiar with, make like a horse turd and hit the long, dusty trail.

Although you welcome us to the Al Gore and God's gift to internet chat forums, I think its safe to say we as WVU fans couldn't care less. Why go there? All of you are here already...handing out prose like you are some kind of lord among wits when in reality you are really just a wit among lords.

So, to sum up, A and B (because you are too dumb to take the hint - that's us and Tennessee fans) want you to C your way out. Don't let the door hit you on the ass Tex. I'm sure Maryland fans or whoever you play next would just love to hear your take on the awesomeness of everything Texas, how THIS YEAR is the year Texass is back, yada yada yada, only to see nothing from you again for another nine months after your trip to College Park or where ever the Bull Horns take their annual early September loss...

Reactions: nickw79 and CAK125
Everything starts in the trenches.
Texas will put out mature hungry men on the front lines.
If the D is elite and the OL lives up to expectations QB play will speak for itself.
At QB. Ehlinger is the alpha and leader that he needs to be.
In his third start he was Big XII offensive player of the week as a true freshman.
The 4th start he led UT back in Red River.

He is much better as a game manger in 2018. More importantly if the OLine opens holes he will become dynamic.

Texas is actually set at QB for the next 7-9 years.
Ehlinger for 2 to 3
Rising for 2 to 3
Then 2021 5 star recruit Preston Stone steps in.

Rising Redshirts this year. He is a future star. Another 6'3 230 pound QB that is an alpha.
Ha!

Been hearing and seeing this same drivel every year for a decade.

Second verse, same as the first...

The story of Sam Ehlinger will become apart of the National narrative around UT this year.

Both of his parents are UT graduates. His father passed away when he was 13. Sam stepped up and was the man of the house for his mother as an adolescent
Whatever happens to him he will be a success. A true Texas Longhorn. A leader on the football field and the McCombs School of Business.
He is a 40 year old man in the body of a 20 year old.
More importantly he learns from his mistakes and moves on
He never hangs his head in shame.
With that mentality you know he will come out on top.

And, then, when Houston flooded and nobody could get in, he walked across the water and saved thousands just by farting away the water all the way to Galveston.

Nobody here cares about his story. Your's either for that matter...

Reactions: nickw79

Could say the same about Texass, if I cared. Which I don't. When I do, I'll go ask the mighty Maryland Terrapins how well Texass can enforce their will.

Reactions: nickw79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT