ADVERTISEMENT

Rational Conference Thread

There’s only one team left I give a crap about and that’s WVU. All the other noise is for insecure homers. Kansas and WVU are the real threats. Kansas St sucks and Texas Tech seems overrated.

Tech might be the best team in the Big XII
They were able to play a very good UF team on Sat night
The same UF team that went to the Elite 8 last year and makes deep runs in the tournaments.

You are once again just writing jibberish and attempting to find any angle to attack WVU

Tech might be the best team in the Big XII
They were able to play a very good UF team on Sat night
The same UF team that went to the Elite 8 last year and makes deep runs in the tournaments.

You are once again just writing jibberish and attempting to find any angle to attack WVU

Just my opinion. Hey we’ll see. Of course I might be wrong about Tech

Just my opinion. Hey we’ll see. Of course I might be wrong about Tech

Your opinion is totally wrong
K State fans in Sept and Oct claimed Bruceketball was alive
I doubted them up until Jan when they knocked off OU
Since K State started Big XII play in the 2018 calender year they have been one of the better teams

Truthfully I think that is best regional because all 4 of those teams can make it to the Final 4

We will see.

I'm not much on the conference pissing contests that happen on here but I'm going to chime in just this once.

Have you noticed that the top ACC teams almost NEVER get placed in the same region? Think about it. When have Duke and UNC been placed in the same region? Every year it seems like the same deal - they (the top 3 or 4 ACC schools) get placed in separate regions with what are essentially home/easy distance games in the first couple of rounds. It's almost like they are placed first then everybody else gets placed to give one or two of them an easier shot at the final four.

Look at this year. UVA (Charlotte) in South, UNC (Charlotte) West, and Duke (Pitt) East. Meanwhile, the 2nd and 3rd place B12 teams would HAVE to face each other to get there, without the benefit of knocking off one of the 3 ACC teams (only Kansas would have that chance).

Not calling BS or even conspiracy theory, but it always seems this way. If the B12 and ACC were the two toughest leagues this year as most say, doesn't this set-up seem odd?
I think TV is part of this "conspiracy." Duke and North Carolina are great for the ratings. The longer those two stay alive, the better the ratings. Or so TV hopes.

I'll add to that. The committee did NOT put a Big 12 team in every region, for fear that it might become an all-Big 12 Final Four, which harms ratings because it lessens national interest. The ideal Final Four, for TV folks, would be a Big 12 team, an ACC team, a Big 10 team and a Big East team. SEC is a football conference, primarily. Pac-12 is a wuss basketball conference.

My dream Final Four: West Virginia, Kansas, Kansas State and I-don't-give-a-damn from the West. With, of course, Kansas State and WVU in the national title game.

I can dream, can't I?

I'm not much on the conference pissing contests that happen on here but I'm going to chime in just this once.

Have you noticed that the top ACC teams almost NEVER get placed in the same region? Think about it. When have Duke and UNC been placed in the same region? Every year it seems like the same deal - they (the top 3 or 4 ACC schools) get placed in separate regions with what are essentially home/easy distance games in the first couple of rounds. It's almost like they are placed first then everybody else gets placed to give one or two of them an easier shot at the final four.

Look at this year. UVA (Charlotte) in South, UNC (Charlotte) West, and Duke (Pitt) East. Meanwhile, the 2nd and 3rd place B12 teams would HAVE to face each other to get there, without the benefit of knocking off one of the 3 ACC teams (only Kansas would have that chance).

Not calling BS or even conspiracy theory, but it always seems this way. If the B12 and ACC were the two toughest leagues this year as most say, doesn't this set-up seem odd?
I think TV is part of this "conspiracy." Duke and North Carolina are great for the ratings. The longer those two stay alive, the better the ratings. Or so TV hopes.

I'll add to that. The committee did NOT put a Big 12 team in every region, for fear that it might become an all-Big 12 Final Four, which harms ratings because it lessens national interest. The ideal Final Four, for TV folks, would be a Big 12 team, an ACC team, a Big 10 team and a Big East team. SEC is a football conference, primarily. Pac-12 is a wuss basketball conference.

My dream Final Four: West Virginia, Kansas, Kansas State and I-don't-give-a-damn from the West. With, of course, Kansas State and WVU in the national title game.

I can dream, can't I?

I can dream, can't I?
Not sure I would have posted that twice. Once was to much. Fear of an all B12 final 4. Wow.

Your opinion is totally wrong
K State fans in Sept and Oct claimed Bruceketball was alive
I doubted them up until Jan when they knocked off OU
Since K State started Big XII play in the 2018 calender year they have been one of the better teams

Truthfully I think that is best regional because all 4 of those teams can make it to the Final 4

We will see.

Opinions aren’t right or wrong unless facts back up either side. Kansas State is the lucky team that had a blown up bracket. We’ll know by Sunday after these two games.

I can dream, can't I?

Duke may not think the NCAA loves them if they played KU in Omaha

Last year Duke played S Carolina in South Carolina as a higher seed

Playing KU in Omaha is pretty much playing them in at home

I like our chances if we get past Nova to get to the final 4 but don't like our potential match up with Duke or KU.

Looks like WVU/Kansas is a dead heat. Third time is a charm. WVU will handle Duke relatively easily IMO. Duke plays absolutely no D and has to play a poor 2/3 Zone. They may lose the first game and not get to Kansas. Wouldn’t suprise me at all. I see no way Duke gets past Kansas. Maybe a crazy shooting night from 3 but the ACC is not as strong up top this year IMO. But there are teams like 10th place Syracuse that can beat you on a given night so depth is what ACC is this year. There will not be an ACC Natty in two weeks. Natty goes to WVU/Nova winner Kansas or Texas A&M IMO.

He keeps going on about this. Its never happened in the history of the tourney and with the parity in today's game it will probably never happen.
well a 16 never beat a 1 before this year, so perhaps it could in theory happen. But to suggest the committee conspired to keep something that has never happened and has such a small chance of ever happening, is lunacy.

Looks like WVU/Kansas is a dead heat. Third time is a charm. WVU will handle Duke relatively easily IMO. Duke plays absolutely no D and has to play a poor 2/3 Zone. They may lose the first game and not get to Kansas. Wouldn’t suprise me at all. I see no way Duke gets past Kansas. Maybe a crazy shooting night from 3 but the ACC is not as strong up top this year IMO. But there are teams like 10th place Syracuse that can beat you on a given night so depth is what ACC is this year. There will not be an ACC Natty in two weeks. Natty goes to WVU/Nova winner Kansas or Texas A&M IMO.
We are 0-4 against KU and A&M. I would like to see us get there.

When it's staring at you, it's hard to ignore. So why didn't the ACC teams get bunched into the same region while the Big 12 teams did. De facto segregation and protectionism.
So, are you suggesting that the NCAA setup the tournament in hopes of getting an all ACC Final Four? If so, why would they have only placed a single team, an 8 seeded Virginia Tech into the East Bracket? Are you suggesting the committee thought Va Tech would run the table? There's nine ACC teams in the tournament - 2 in the South, 1 in the East, 2 in the West, and 4 in the Midwest. Would you prefer they place all 9 teams into one Region? Why even play the tournament? Just have the Big 10 tournament as the Midwest Bracket, the Big 12 tournament as the West Bracket, the ACC as the East Bracket, and the SEC as the South Bracket, mixing in some Big East and American teams. Makes sense, right?

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
well a 16 never beat a 1 before this year, so perhaps it could in theory happen. But to suggest the committee conspired to keep something that has never happened and has such a small chance of ever happening, is lunacy.
Valid point a 16 beating 1 never happned before this year but the odds were greater of that happening then 4 teams from the same conference winning 4 games in the tourney. The conspiracy theory he throws out is total nonsense.

The NCAA does manipulate the brackets but the games still have to be played on the court
On the womens side Rapelor is upset that they are playing in Lexington while UT gets to play in KC
But the NCAA has no love for Baylor so what do they expect

We are 0-4 against KU and A&M. I would like to see us get there.

Aggy has zero chance against Gonzaga
Gonzaga is clearly to me the team that has the best chance to win the West
Carolina was overrated to me.

I think out of all regions the West is the clearest path for any team
The South with Kentucky is a crap shoot
Cincinnati was the best team and Nevada took them out

Aggy has zero chance against Gonzaga
Gonzaga is clearly to me the team that has the best chance to win the West
Carolina was overrated to me.

I think out of all regions the West is the clearest path for any team
The South with Kentucky is a crap shoot
Cincinnati was the best team and Nevada took them out
My bracket has Gonzaga losing in the final.

Texas A&M has that look for sure.

I like Michigan's track record in this one.
I think the refs helped them against Cougar High but Aggy's coach Billy Kennedy will be abused in this match up.
Michigan is a lot more physical than UNC and I am sure they will want to turn it into a wrestling match underneath
Wagner, to me, is a lot better than Luke Maye

Michigan is not afraid to do the little things to win a game
UNC was shell shocked and for whatever reason didnt want to play in that game

I like Michigan's track record in this one.
I think the refs helped them against Cougar High but Aggy's coach Billy Kennedy will be abused in this match up.
Michigan is a lot more physical than UNC and I am sure they will want to turn it into a wrestling match underneath
Wagner, to me, is a lot better than Luke Maye

Michigan is not afraid to do the little things to win a game
UNC was shell shocked and for whatever reason didnt want to play in that game

The Big Ten is down so I can only assume Michigan will be as well. Coach B is great though. Just looks like Texas A&M A game is arrived just in time. I know you’re a UT guy but ya got to admit A&M is the real deal. I know it stings but A&M is legit.

The Big Ten is down so I can only assume Michigan will be as well. Coach B is great though. Just looks like Texas A&M A game is arrived just in time. I know you’re a UT guy but ya got to admit A&M is the real deal. I know it stings but A&M is legit.

Legit?
At playing toy soldier or beating Clemson, Auburn and Okie Lite out on the sheep stuck in the fence

Will GregJacobs present himself on this topic around 11 Central 12 Eastern tonight

Calipari messed up already
He should have allowed his team to eat the rat posion

K State and Barry Brown will show who is the wildest of the wildcats

UK is more like Housecats

Greg so far sounds like the biggest clown on here

Hey Greg was Aggy afraid of LA
Seems like the Billy Bobs wanted to stay in Lufkin and Jasper because I have not seen one Aggy in the stands
More than that Billy Kennedy is being out coached

A&M should stick to playing toy soldier and collecting jizz

What?

If Michigan plays like that the rest of the way, they will win the whole thing.
To be honest, this is one of those odd years where there's not a clear cut favorite. Anybody can beat anybody. I picked Duke to win it all, but would hate seeing them do so. I'm going with the three Big 12 teams tonight, along with Duke. I believe the WV-Nova game will go down to the wire. Purdue without Haas is an entirely different team, one that will struggle against TT's defense on the perimeter. Kansas and Duke should win handily. But then again, I may be wrong on all four games, based on how this thing is playing out.

To be honest, this is one of those odd years where there's not a clear cut favorite. Anybody can beat anybody. I picked Duke to win it all, but would hate seeing them do so. I'm going with the three Big 12 teams tonight, along with Duke. I believe the WV-Nova game will go down to the wire. Purdue without Haas is an entirely different team, one that will struggle against TT's defense on the perimeter. Kansas and Duke should win handily. But then again, I may be wrong on all four games, based on how this thing is playing out.
Fun to watch this year with all the upsets.

Bad call! They’re obviously as good as any!!! Didn’t see them as much and I stand corrected.
I was just messing with you. I was concerned about A&M as well, but Coach JB put together a masterpiece last night on both ends of the court. Besides, you're one of the few on here that actually talk sports, while most are only concerned about their own personal status in life.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Not sure I would have posted that twice. Once was to much. Fear of an all B12 final 4. Wow.
The truth doesn't change. And I'll be posting it again and again. With 4 of 12 March Madness survivors teams in the Big 12 it just looked so misinformed and silly to try to pretend that it isn't the best conference in America THIS SEASON. These things are cyclical but in 2018 Big 12 is #1 top to bottom.

I was just messing with you. I was concerned about A&M as well, but Coach JB put together a masterpiece last night on both ends of the court. Besides, you're one of the few on here that actually talk sports, while most are only concerned about their own personal status in life.

J.B. Is incredible! That guy is a great coach. This Michigan team is playing really well. It’d be funny if in a down Big Ten year Michigan took down the Natty. Eers would go crazy!!!

J.B. Is incredible! That guy is a great coach. This Michigan team is playing really well. It’d be funny if in a down Big Ten year Michigan took down the Natty. Eers would go crazy!!!

Your opinions are so reactionary it is funny.
Reactionary opinions are usually held by people who need others to determine their opinions

You may insult the old man but at least he sticks to his guns
Even if he is wrong you have to respect his opinion a lot more than yours

I can't speak for all the Eers but I can speak for CFE. If Michigan wins then I would be happy for Beilein. If WVU wins then I would go crazy. And start torching my couch!

Victimize Villanova viciously for my vicarious, vocal, vibrating victory vignette. May all those v's turn into a W!

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT