ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release RaeQuan Battle Waiver Denied

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (October 23, 2023) – The waiver for immediate eligibility for West Virginia University men’s basketball student-athlete RaeQuan Battle has been denied by the NCAA, interim head coach Josh Eilert announced today.

this is getting to the point where you might think that one of those pricks at the NCAA actually has an agenda.not one transfer to Kentucky or Kansas has had their waiver denied

Teddy Buckets- Nebraska, WVU, Wichita St, New Mexico

What would the penalty be for playing someone who was ruled ineligible? Are we talking technical free throws each time we try to sub him in or not playing in the postseason or perhaps having wins vacated after the season is over? If it’s the latter, I most definitely say play him

What would the penalty be for playing someone who was ruled ineligible? Are we talking technical free throws each time we try to sub him in or not playing in the postseason or perhaps having wins vacated after the season is over? If it’s the latter, I most definitely say play him
NCAA RULE:
Any team using an ineligible player (Fair Play, Participating with an Ineligible Player) shall forfeit all games in which the ineligible player had played.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
NCAA RULE:
Any team using an ineligible player (Fair Play, Participating with an Ineligible Player) shall forfeit all games in which the ineligible player had played.
Hopefully they get a better ruling with the appeal, however I highly doubt it

If the NCAA made consistent and unbiased rulings, I could live with this decision. It would still suck, but at least we would know the rules are the same for everyone. Unfortunately, we all know it's not and that's why this blows goats for quarters.

Attorney General Patrick Morrisey fighting NCAA decision.

“The recent decision to deny RaeQuan Battle’s eligibility to play basketball at West Virginia University this season raises serious legal issues that demand answers. Like many WVU fans and citizens of West Virginia, I was dismayed by this move and am hopeful it can still be fixed in time for the 2023-24 season,”

North Carolina AG Josh Stein sent the NCAA a letter in September urging the organization to reconsider its decision regarding UNC football player Tez Walker. After initially being ruled ineligible for this season, Walker was granted permission to play, and has appeared in three games for the nationally-ranked Tar Heels.

Attorney General Patrick Morrisey fighting NCAA decision.

“The recent decision to deny RaeQuan Battle’s eligibility to play basketball at West Virginia University this season raises serious legal issues that demand answers. Like many WVU fans and citizens of West Virginia, I was dismayed by this move and am hopeful it can still be fixed in time for the 2023-24 season,”

North Carolina AG Josh Stein sent the NCAA a letter in September urging the organization to reconsider its decision regarding UNC football player Tez Walker. After initially being ruled ineligible for this season, Walker was granted permission to play, and has appeared in three games for the nationally-ranked Tar Heels.
I hope it works. The way everyone talks, Battle is the best player we have on the team. Eilert needs all the help he can get. This basketball season is a mystery story. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

I hope it works. The way everyone talks, Battle is the best player we have on the team. Eilert needs all the help he can get. This basketball season is a mystery story. I'm excited to see how it plays out.
I don't know if he's the best or not or if it even helps WVU having him except it being a body that can create shots and fills a missing gap for depth.

But did hear he is the best defender on the team.

What gives the NCAA the right to tell a kid yes you can transfer but you're not going to be allowed to play?

Reactions: deedoubleyou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT