ADVERTISEMENT

QB open practice observation

Well
"bombs away" only works during
desperate times

You can't run the ball downhill on everyone.
Look at Georgia.

Running the ball downhill is no longer the alpha of an offense at the college level.
It is only a piece of the puzzle

Especially in the Big 12 because DBs get flags thrown on them for everything.

If you watched the SB yesterday.
They let the DBs get away with everything on both sides.

That made that game ugly.

You can't run the ball downhill on everyone.
Look at Georgia.

Running the ball downhill is no longer the alpha of an offense at the college level.
It is only a piece of the puzzle

Especially in the Big 12 because DBs get flags thrown on them for everything.

If you watched the SB yesterday.
They let the DBs get away with everything on both sides.

That made that game ugly.

It's time...

WVU has lived without toughness for the Holgorsen years...

It's time

Reactions: lenny4wvu
It's time...

WVU has lived without toughness for the Holgorsen years...

It's time

Toughness....You actually mean an advantage in talent.

I wouldn't say WV wasn't a physical team.

If you think Neal Brown is going to play in a box....You must not have watched Troy.

Dana.....
The guy is a loose cannon. With his behavior and play calling.
Works sometimes and other times it doesn't.

Brown is not that guy.
Long term this will help WV.
The Mad Scientist Football Coach usually fizzles out.

Dana wasn’t a fan of the black QB. He screwed Crest out of the position for Chuggs???? Lol wow......he moved Crest around and refused to develop him. Crest kind of gave up and just used the free ride scholarship. Crest biggest issue was not wanting to study playbook. That thing was dusty. He never opened it up and studied it. Coaches hate guys like that. That certainly hurt Crest but Dana had it out for him anyway. Dana wants to be Texas Tech and throw, throw, throw.....Dana is Kliff Kingsburry 2.0......shitty head coaches. Crest dominated Chuggs the entire spring 2-3 years ago and Dana still favored Chuggs. It was a joke. Chuggs was the worst QB to ever make it to D1. Dana recruited high school busts. Couldn’t recruit a high school QB in 8 years. He likes slow stiff boy QBs.
Any response to your rambling nonsense is a truly wasted effort. There are so many generally silly and/or ridiculous statements that it is laughable. Your warped perspective is so obvious, and your illogical conclusions are beyond belief that they could come from someone outside an institution specializing in the treatment of mental disorders. (I have assumed you to be an adult. If you are a child younger than 8 or 9 then what I have said is not so uncommon for children this age who are also considered ‘slow learners’. Pity though that you may continue along this same path throughout your life. ) There are those who specialize in helping those, like you. Please seek help. You truly need it !

I was thinking WVPride was autistic.

He has some signs of autism.
But....I doubt he suffers from any type of mental handicap.
He attempts to troll people. His purpose is to get you to react.

Toughness....You actually mean an advantage in talent.

I wouldn't say WV wasn't a physical team.

If you think Neal Brown is going to play in a box....You must not have watched Troy.

Run the ball...

Run the ball...

Easier said than done.
Most of the teams in the Big XII would be happy if WV went to a vanilla offense.

Dana Holgersen and Oklahoma St created the diamond formation out of the spread.
Holgersen's entire offense was based off the playaction....

The reason why you can no longer just wear opponents out.....
Teams are too explosive.

Perfect example
Michigan vs Ohio St.

Reason why GA Tech told Paul Johnson to get loss.

I hear all that
But WVU has to run the ball after October...

I hear all that
But WVU has to run the ball after October...

I agree.
So did Dana Holgersen and so does Neal Brown.

When WV plays James Madison.
Running the ball downhill without the pass shouldn't be too difficult.

But when WV plays TCU, Iowa St or Texas.
That will mean 3rd and Long.

You need the threat of a downfield passing game.
DC are conservative. If you can throw downfield they will play back.
This opens up the run.
But is also tires a Defense Out. Defenses have to chase.
You tire a D out and you create confusion.
Even the best D in the country will look like shit when this happens.

WVU is not physical.

Didn't WV keep their S&C coordinator.

Physicality doesn't come from playcalling it comes from the weight room.

No matter what play you run you have to beat the guy in front of you.

What's impressive (or unimpressive)
is how
we have to talk about physicality
year in year out..

Good WVU kept Mike Joseph ...

Holgorsen runs a non physical program

What's impressive (or unimpressive)
is how
we have to talk about physicality
year in year out..

Good WVU kept Mike Joseph ...

Holgorsen runs a non physical program

So why keep Joseph.
Physicality starts in the weight room and should have started two weeks ago.
Right now the S&C coaches are running the program.
If the problem was physicality you fire the S&C coordinator.
All of football is the same. No matter the play. You have a man in front of you and it is a battle of wills. Your will is determined by how hard you train in the off-season.

Watch this video....
How would coaching change this play?
To me this is an off-season play

Eerdoc rambling on about someone’s mental capacity, maturity on a freaking message board where he doesn’t know anybody. Relax coward. We get it your the internet toug guy. I’ve watched your politically correct nonsense always wrong agenda for years on here dumbass. You rarely get anything right eerdoc loser. Your dumber Han Keatoncornerloser. I destroyed him and exposed him badly. Eerdoc loser. Dana was a joke. Face it. He’s not a good coach.

Eerdoc was the same idiot hyping Ford Childress, Chuggs and every other stiff slow QB. You attempt to be politically correct. Stop trying to make friends or fit in. Say the real deal. I’ve owned eerdoc loser for years. He’s a crybaby when he doesn’t get his way. I’ve seriously never seen you right about anything. Get a clue. You need guidance. Let the real athletes like me teach you.

Mofo knows his shit. He’s knows WV. He knows WVU.

Last edited:
Townsvansandt are you one of the many Texas boys that moved to WV working in the oil and gas industry? Just curious. Do you actually live in Texas now?

I met some guys from Texas that are from Austin and other parts of Texas and they said Texas has so many California wimps, liberals, Yankees, transient outsiders that tradition and Texas culture is dying. They said Austin has people that don’t even know about the Longhorns and don’t give a shit. Transients have taken over. A bunch of no tradition liberals from all over. Not to mention illegals. Sad! I would like to see Texas be the old Texas.

Wow the posters on bluegold are really old and out of it or just clueless???????????????? The QB talk was way off over there. Marc Balsham on this site described it more accurately on this sites insider news.

I think Crest will eventually start at some point but Howard knows the offense better now and he had the best day Saturday but also got to throw to the 1st team WR's. Howard has the run pass ability that Crest has so both are going to be good. Crest just has higher potential and even more talent physically. I expect Crest to start by mid season at the latest if he doesn't win job in August. He has a lot of time to progress and learn offense.

As far as yesterday goes, Howard and Crest are top 2. Friday Holgs let Sills get #3 reps and Chugonov got #3 reps Saturday. Lot of people don't realize that Sills got his on Friday. Also Chugonov looked pretty bad out there showing no mobility and went 1-5 passing for just 4 yards. He will redshirt and needs the redshirt badly as does Sills. Both will redshirt and NEED RESHIRTED!!!!!!

Crest had a nifty athletic 25 yard run and that is the difference here. He has the big arm too and once he puts thing together he will be the top QB. Its still early and he will develop a lot. I bet he makes a big move in the next 2 weeks to end spring. Howard is good too but Crest will also play. Chugonov looked very uncomfortable in the scrimmaging and looked way behind. Sills got his reps Friday. Sills is #3 QB and Chugonov is #4 QB. Sills is ahead of Chugonov it appears so far. That was expected though. Either way Sills is not ready and he also needs redshirted badly. He is skinny and lacks arm strength although a good athlete.

Howard and Crest are clearly ahead as the top 2 QB's and it shows if you attended the first 2 open practices. I expect Crest to shine down at the Greenbrier next Saturday. He is getting close to breaking out.

Geez this guy.

Keenan Cummings did you live stream the Logan at Chapmanville game last Thursday?? Just curious if you saw any of David Early and Obinna dominating. I’m sure your a busy man but just curious if you are keeping an eye on this? Those 2 are future Mountaineers. It’s a high possibility. Round 2 this Friday night.

Also any chance we can get some big coverage on the state tourney this March? I strongly believe there are several future WVU Mountaineer players in the AA especially. At least 3-4 this year alone. Early, Obinna, Bridges definitely but hopefully Metheny as a PWO. He can ball despite his size. Some of these folks on here don’t even realize it. They need educated on these kids. These couple players are no joke. I think we get them.

Keenan Cummings did you live stream the Logan at Chapmanville game last Thursday?? Just curious if you saw any of David Early and Obinna dominating. I’m sure your a busy man but just curious if you are keeping an eye on this? Those 2 are future Mountaineers. It’s a high possibility. Round 2 this Friday night.

Also any chance we can get some big coverage on the state tourney this March? I strongly believe there are several future WVU Mountaineer players in the AA especially. At least 3-4 this year alone. Early, Obinna, Bridges definitely but hopefully Metheny as a PWO. He can ball despite his size. Some of these folks on here don’t even realize it. They need educated on these kids. These couple players are no joke. I think we get them.

I did not but I fully expect West Virginia to be involved with both. Bridges is really good, too.

You can live stream this game this Friday. Go to the twitter of one of those schools for the link. The atmosphere at the field house in Logan will be incredible. It’s going to be an unreal matchup. Those 2 David Early and Obinna looked high level and lived up to the hype last Thursday. I’ll be there live this Friday.

As for Bridges he has blossomed the last 2 years. He’s a legit 6-7 now and adding strength. He can go inside and out. AA state tourney will be incredible this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT