ADVERTISEMENT

Please explain how choosing Culver over Oscar was the right decision for the PROGRAM

VaultHunter

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2014
Oscar all around better player. Not even a debate if he's the focal point of the offense and given the leash Culver was.

Oscar is a legit NBA player and we will see when he's beasting on people at UK, Culver is a legit Greek League player.

Let's say Oscar leaves after this season anyway you're still in the same position with bringing in 2 bigs.

A pick and roll with McBride and Oscar and a low post presence like him is something 95% of the college basketball coaches in America would kill for.

We're a better team last year with OT instead of Culver or Culver comes off the bench for Oscar which in that case it's an even better situation if Culver contributed at half the level he did.

We don't get bounced in the rd of 32 with those roles reversed (none of SU's bigs would stand a chance against big O) and we certainly don't get bounced in the FIRST rd of the Big12 Tournament.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Oscar all around better player. Not even a debate if he's the focal point of the offense and given the leash Culver was.

Oscar is a legit NBA player and we will see when he's beasting on people at UK, Culver is a legit Greek League player.

Let's say Oscar leaves after this season anyway you're still in the same position with bringing in 2 bigs.

A pick and roll with McBride and Oscar and a low post presence like him is something 95% of the college basketball coaches in America would kill for.

We're a better team last year with OT instead of Culver or Culver comes off the bench for Oscar which in that case it's an even better situation if Culver contributed at half the level he did.

We don't get bounced in the rd of 32 with those roles reversed (none of SU's bigs would stand a chance against big O) and we certainly don't get bounced in the FIRST rd of the Big12 Tournament.

Oscar has the potential to be a better player and WAS a better player last year. However, it's all on Big O with how he used his opportunities in the 2020-2021 season. He got in foul trouble often, was soft when going for rebounds, was horrible around the rim on offense, and was lazy getting back on defense. This is a stark contrast to his freshman outing and is only accounted for by his own laziness. Whether this laziness was ingrained or his conscious response to displeasure with the staff, it was still on him with how badly he performed with the opportunities given to him. In my opinion freshman Big O definitely trumps Culver, bitch baby O that read his own press clippings and showed up out of shape was a liability.

Last edited:

YOU ARE SO OFF THE MARK. BETTER POTENTIAL. FAR WORSE PERFORMER!

95% OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL COACHES IN AMERICAN WOULD NOT WANT A POISON PILL LIKE OSCAR DESTROYING THE CHEMISTRY OF THEIR TEAM THE WAY HE DID WVU'S TEAM.

THERE GOES YOUR CREDIBILITY EVEN MORE ... AGAIN.

MORE BULLSHIT! DON'T YOU EVER RUN OUT!

BOTTOM LINE: WVU WAS A BETTER TEAM AFTER OSCAR LEFT. NO EVEN DEBATABLE BY ANYONE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT BASKETBALL AND NOT JUST CLICK-BAITING FOR ATTENTION.

HUGGINS MADE A WISE DECISION, ONE THAT CHARLEY HUGGINS WOULD HAVE MADE, TOO.

YOU TRASH THE DECISIONS OF A COACH WITH 900 VICTORIES, MORE THAN 300 AT WVU, A WINNER AT EVERY SCHOOL ... EVERY SCHOOL ... WHERE HE COACHED IN HIS CAREER BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU ARE WISER THAN BOB HUGGINS.

NOT EVEN IN YOUR DREAMS!

THANK GOD BOB HUGGINS IS AT WVU AND OSCAR IS NOT. I WISH OSCAR WELL AND I HOPE CALIPARI CAN GET OSCAR'S HEAD ON STRAIGHT. YOU OVER-RATED OSCAR SO TERRIBLY. THERE'S MORE TO A PLAYER'S VALUE THAN HOW MANY POINTS HE CAN SCORE, REBOUNDS HE CAN GET OR STEALS HE CAN CHALK UP. CHARACTER AND HEAD ON STRAIGHT HAVE MADE MANY EXCEPTIONAL WVU PLAYERS MORE VALUABLE THAN OSCAR OVER THE YEARS. DA'SEAN, JEVON, PITTSNOGGLE. THEY WORKED WITH THEIR TEAMMATES, NOT SULKING ON THE BENCH WHILE THEIR TEAMMATES WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF TO MAKE UP FOR THEIR WHINY DAMAGE!

NOW I HAVE TO GO AND PUKE. DAMMIT.

OMG...I agree with CFE!

WELL, MIRACLES DO HAPPEN. AT TIMES I AGREE WITH YOU. I GOT BY FACTS AND ACTIONS, NOT WHO SAID OR DID IT. THAT IRRITATES SOME PEOPLE BECAUSE I DON'T AGREE WITH THEIR OPINION. DISAGREEING IS FINE AS LONG AS WE CAN BE CIVIL ABOUT IT. THANKS. I OWE YOU ONE.

Reactions: Euell

Clueless troll.

Reactions: Euell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT