ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt wants WVU in the ACC

Not really. There were only a few schools the ACC were interested in. WVU wasn’t one of them.
ACC is still not interested. But don't you kid yourself that it wasn't every school for themselves, and knocking down all the others to make them look bad, WVU included.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
ACC is still not interested. But don't you kid yourself that it wasn't every school for themselves, and knocking down all the others to make them look bad, WVU included.

I never said that wasn’t the case. Of course schools need to look out for what’s best for them. My only point was Pitt had and/or has absolutely zero to do with the fact that the ACC did not respect WVU from an academic or footprint standpoint then or now.

You are an idiot friend. WVU and Big Ten. Can we at least agree on that?
Ive said multiple times its probably not likely("If I could choose" or "my hope"), but between the ACC & BIgTen its by far the best option.

If Pitt could join the BigTen, it would leave the ACC tomorrow. We both know that...

$26Million more per year is like $4mill shy of Double what ACC teams gets now.. If PItt could almost double its media revenues it would take that step without hesitation, without a thought of rivalries.

Ultimately rivalries are a side note, the fart that comes after a large dinner, as a weighted factor that determines program health.

I find the ACC incredibly boring brand of football. Im not alone in that perspective either.
no you are not. completely agree.

I posted this in another thread for someone who feels the acc is a strong football conference

here's some data as well concerning the past decade plus of acc football vs the other power conferences

inter-conference games 1998-2019

1 sec 250-199 (55.68%)

2 pac 12 176-149 (54.15%)

3 big 12 179-183 (49.45%)

4 big ten 205-213 (49.04%)

5 acc 226-267 (45.84%)

6 big east 119-144 (45.25%)

that means for two decades the acc was the worst among power conferences and ahead of the Big East by 0.59 winning %

head to head

acc vs big 12… 31-31

acc vs big ten … 68-92

acc vs pac-12 … 22-45

acc vs sec … 171-322

that's zero winning records vs any other power conference

bowls

acc vs big 12 … 6-9

acc vs big ten … 20-19

acc vs pac-12 … 9-17

acc vs sec … 29-50

Acc bowl record 2020 -- 0-6

BCS Bowl record

5-13 (by comparison WV alone won three such bowls w/ 3 different coaches)

Team records & winning percentages 2010-2019

1 Clemson 68-12 (85 percent)

2 Fla State 55-25 (68.6 percent)

3 vpi 51-29 (63.8)

4 Miami 46-34 (57.5)

5 pitt 31-25 (55.3)

6 lville 26-22 (54.1)

7 gt 41-39 (51.3)

8 unc 39-41 (48.8)

9 nc st 34-46 (42.5)

T-11 bc 30-50 (37.5)

T-11 dook 30-50 (37.5)

12 uva 28-52 (35)

13 syracuse 19-37 (33.9)

14 wake for 27-53 (33.8)

That means half the acc sustained a losing record for a decade. six of those teams are nowhere near .500

Ive said multiple times its probably not likely("If I could choose" or "my hope"), but between the ACC & BIgTen its by far the best option.

If Pitt could join the BigTen, it would leave the ACC tomorrow. We both know that...

$26Million more per year is like $4mill shy of Double what ACC teams gets now.. If PItt could almost double its media revenues it would take that step without hesitation, without a thought of rivalries.

Ultimately rivalries are a side note, the fart that comes after a large dinner, as a weighted factor that determines program health.

Dude it’s one thing to discuss outcomes but wasting time talking about WVU being invited by the BigTen to join is ridiculous. Universities wanting to join the Big Ten is Mr. Obvious crap. Yes of course everyone would like to join the BigTen because of the crazy money but I’d put my $1000 on WVU not being in the 10 prospects the Big would consider. Academics alone disqualifies WVU. Footprint alone disqualifies WVU. So why bother with your nonsensical narrative.

Another conference with a target. ACC backed in the corner. B1G needs to make moves. Do UVa and UNC want to be Northeast schools
IMO Northeast doesn’t matter because there aren’t many of them and the numbers there say you have bandwagon fans for the most part.

no you are not. completely agree.

I posted this in another thread for someone who feels the acc is a strong football conference

here's some data as well concerning the past decade plus of acc football vs the other power conferences

inter-conference games 1998-2019

1 sec 250-199 (55.68%)

2 pac 12 176-149 (54.15%)

3 big 12 179-183 (49.45%)

4 big ten 205-213 (49.04%)

5 acc 226-267 (45.84%)

6 big east 119-144 (45.25%)

that means for two decades the acc was the worst among power conferences and ahead of the Big East by 0.59 winning %

head to head

acc vs big 12… 31-31

acc vs big ten … 68-92

acc vs pac-12 … 22-45

acc vs sec … 171-322

that's zero winning records vs any other power conference

bowls

acc vs big 12 … 6-9

acc vs big ten … 20-19

acc vs pac-12 … 9-17

acc vs sec … 29-50

Acc bowl record 2020 -- 0-6

BCS Bowl record

5-13 (by comparison WV alone won three such bowls w/ 3 different coaches)

Team records & winning percentages 2010-2019

1 Clemson 68-12 (85 percent)

2 Fla State 55-25 (68.6 percent)

3 vpi 51-29 (63.8)

4 Miami 46-34 (57.5)

5 pitt 31-25 (55.3)

6 lville 26-22 (54.1)

7 gt 41-39 (51.3)

8 unc 39-41 (48.8)

9 nc st 34-46 (42.5)

T-11 bc 30-50 (37.5)

T-11 dook 30-50 (37.5)

12 uva 28-52 (35)

13 syracuse 19-37 (33.9)

14 wake for 27-53 (33.8)

That means half the acc sustained a losing record for a decade. six of those teams are nowhere near .500

Like I said.............This guy..........^^^^^^^^^^^ 😂 ^^^^^^^^^^

you come off as super insecure. Off to bed. Have a good night.

Another conference with a target. ACC backed in the corner. B1G needs to make moves. Do UVa and UNC want to be Northeast schools
IMO Northeast doesn’t matter because there aren’t many of them and the numbers there say you have bandwagon fans for the most part.

ACC days coming to an end again? 😂. I’ve been this road with you and the other homers. History clearly shows when Conferences expands they raid The Big East and The SWC/Big12. Big will go Kansas and someone else if they even decide to expand. They don‘t have to expand. ACC may or may not lose a team or two. If that happens they have the option of Big12 scraps or non P5 programs. ACC will be fine.

Reactions: Rootmaster
B1G has to make a move.
Ohio State will have to step aside and let Penn State or Nebraska win. Maybe Michigan

Similar position Texas was just in. Do they win and kill their conference or see if someone else steps up

Nothing interesting happening in the B1G.
Don’t think Anyone is fired up about Indiana.
No depth

Under normal conditions/years, it would not enter my mind as even a small/remote possibility. Just like 99.99% of time it would not be on my mind of WVU joining the ACC.

When conferences begin prioritizing competitiveness, the things they apply weight to can change. I never imagine Rutgers or Maryland would join the BigTen, while their Academics are good, their Athletics have never been at any point in time on a similar level as majority of BigTen opponents. At least not that I can recall.

I mean who seriously thought Rutgers or Maryland represents a similar football brand as BigTen? Which tells me at one point in time, they value Academics above other factors, however we are in a different time now, so those weightings can change. Not saying they will, or WVU will be invited, but out of the remaining Big12 programs, strictly from an Athletics & footprint perspective, which are the best fits?

OkieSt
WVU
IowaSt
Perhaps Kansas(Basketball & Academics)

Under "odd" circumstances, I could see any of those teams joining the BigTen. Shane Lyons worked for ACC, so thats probably where we are headed, but Im personally a bit disappointed. I just dont feel excited about going backwards.

Last edited:
Yeah Clemson is sure boring...been that way for years. Good grief.
Yeah Alabama is boring... whats your point. YOu pick the one good team in the entire conference. Who the hell watches or cares when Clemson plays Virginia, Cuse, Pitt, etc, except when they hear Cuse or Pitt is upsetting them so they flip the channel just to see an unranked Cuse or Pitt beat #2 Clemson.

Look...worked in Pittsburgh with lots of Pitt grads. Most follow and support the Mountaineers as well as the Panthers. Have you ever been out of your neighborhood...WV...or to Pittsburgh? Really dumb statement.
Wasn't even born in this state dumbass.

The fans of shitsburgh have no say who goes where little lady.

I may be on an island here, but Id rather WVU do whats best for the university and not make a move soley based on renewing old rivalries. ACC would be a significant revenue loss for WVU, it would also be lesser competition. However, the BIGTEN WVU would make approx $20Million more then we do now, and our transportation costs would also reduce, and the competition would be far better. ACC has notably been some of the worst Strength of Schedules in the country for the past X years, it would virtually be a Big East 2.0

Id much rather play a BigTen schedule, and fill in our Out of Conference schedule with a couple ACC rivals.
You aren't going to the Big lol. You will end up in the ACC.

All the parts are still moving right now so decisions are going to be tough to make.

FSU and Clemson are not too happy and there are articles from their camps suggesting they move.

Rumors on i.e. PSU boards that the ACC is trying to lure PSU from the highest paid B10?

Suggestions Ohio State should look around.

PAC 12 anything from a full merger with the BIG 12 to a 3 way alliance between the ACC, remaining BIG 12 and PAC to top brands in the PAC moving to the Big Ten.

Talk of UVA and UNC moving to the B10 or as many as 6 schools including Clemson and FSU

A&M not happy, Missouri more quiet but apparently not happy. Arkansas may not be happy too.

Things are happening on a major scale now.

Add some topic content value for once you POS. You’re like the worst troll ever. You think you’re a WVU fan but can’t discuss anything related to WVU or sports. You seriously need your ass beat. Hopefully you open up you stupid mouth in a Morgantown bar and a legit WVU fan gives you a fat lip.
Just name the time....oh that's right...you aren't a legit WVU fan...sorry...you lost your turn.

Promoting violence on a message board? You truly are a special kind of stupid.

Go back to the slurpee machine and let the adults talk about this...you are making a fool of yourself right now on this board....you know zero.

Last edited:
SEC should go for the jugular. Clemson, FL State, to start, then maybe NC State and Virginia Tech. Spend money to eliminate competition and gain control. ACC would be in the same boat as the Big12. Big money would mostly go to the SEC and the BIG. If that happened, the remnants of the BIG12 would be a better conference than the ACC would be, but neither one would command much respect. SEC would have money to burn and would clearly be a far stronger conference than even the BIG. They would be in a position to pay athletes more and get the cream of the recruits, separating themselves even further from everyone else. WVU, along with a lot of other schools will probably end up on a second tier with a lot less money. SEC and the BIG could arrange their own championship game which would become the default National Champion. ND would have to look at the BIG again. BIG could be forced to look at the PAC. Lots of pieces are moving again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Brush Fan
These Pitt guys are really good thread starters.

WVUFF, are you taking notes?
I see you are still obsessed with me.....mention #1,344 from turdboy about me.

If you can't focus on the topic...get lost....don't derail yet another thread....this isn't about me.

But we all know you get on your knees for bitchgregor...gonna blow all the spitt fans that show up boasting?

Find some self-respect already...

That's what I figured. Your full of shit.

You're....duh

Pitt and WVU were allies in the Old Big East and were the ones pushing to secure it, and they fought the Villanova bullshit.

Pitt cant put WVU in the ACC but they will vote to include us if it comes to that point.

What exactly was done that was back-stabbing?

Of course they've always went on to schedule a series with us....

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Thanks. That is what I was looking for. Unfortunately neither WVU nor Pitt or any fan will have a say in What happens. Just hope the streaming numbers and the WVU product is a good enough sales pitch.

Does everyone understand we will lose all rights to our tier 3 if selected by ACC. I don't think ACC allows you to keep it for yourself. Might be wrong but I think it had to do with getting the ACC network started with the ESPN deal.

Wasn't even born in this state dumbass.

The fans of shitsburgh have no say who goes where little lady.
I see the resident know nothing blue cap lad has chimed in once again with the best of his mother's vocabulary on display. He once was a good poster. Now he's a clown.

Last edited:
And VT as well. I do know some German Club peeps that pushed hard for the rivalry to start back up.

Whitt publicly mentioned he wanted the series to go for many years in all sports. PITT said the same thing.

Guaranteed sell outs, except for @Pitt, but could change.
The guy who caused problems for both schools (Steve Pederson) is gone. Pitt and WVU on a admin level are on good terms. Don't believe me ask people in the know.

I may be on an island here, but Id rather WVU do whats best for the university and not make a move soley based on renewing old rivalries. ACC would be a significant revenue loss for WVU, it would also be lesser competition. However, the BIGTEN WVU would make approx $20Million more then we do now, and our transportation costs would also reduce, and the competition would be far better. ACC has notably been some of the worst Strength of Schedules in the country for the past X years, it would virtually be a Big East 2.0

Id much rather play a BigTen schedule, and fill in our Out of Conference schedule with a couple ACC rivals.
great plan, but why not just go straight to NFL thats where the real money is.
Point being, no chance so no relevance.

Ok back to reality yes the ACC was less pay than big 12 but that appears to be history. so no relevance.
So do you cry about a step back from where you were, or a step forward from where you are likely heading?

so yeah, stfu, put your tail between your legs, and joine the acc if they decide to ask you which unfortunately is unlikely.

• Haha
The SEC should go after all teams in the NCAA and have one nationwide conference with tons of exposure. They could break the conference down into different divisions called the ACC, BIG, Pac 12, etc...

Maybe the best thing that ever happened for ESPN was when the B1G turned them down
I highly doubt ESPN could be doing what they are now with the B1G.
Nothing against the conference but it is demographics.

Ultimately it really isn’t the SEC anymore it is ESPN and not the NCAA controlling the media rights for all schools and deciding who to give special treatment to

He really doesn't know, does he? Hope your son is doing well!

Hey what’s up!!? It’s Greg. My brother and cousin use this handle a lot here but it’s me. Mick is doing great and loves new LB coach. Just getting ready for camp. Looks like a few Freshman will play. You going to Knoxville? I’m going to Ireland on 9/3 so I’m missing the trip. Crazy stuff with Conference shakeup. Hearing ACC making bull rush.

Reactions: Butler Pitt Fan

As it stands now moving to the Acc would be a revenue loss but the Big 12 isn't going to make the same amount of money without having Texas and Oklahoma in the mix. Without these two schools the the next contract would fall below what the acc makes. Outside of the current money there really isn't anything desirable about the big 12. It has the smallest demographic footprint. There are no options to increase it unless you are willing to invite G5 schools which the Big 12 has already balked on. The big 10 and the Sec are the conferences seating at the head of the banquet table. Wvu has very little to any chance of landing in either one. The Acc is probably the best option available. It wouldn't be as bad as people think. It would reunite old rivalry's. It would give us a chance to create new ones which the big 12 doesn't'. It also gives us exposure in areas we are trying to recruit in which the big 12 doesn't. When you look at the performance of a conference you don't look at just 1 year you have to look at several. For the most part the Acc has been average but so has the big 12. In the last 5 years Clemson and Oklahoma have been the teams carrying the flag in either conference. Clemson has won a national championship and has blown Oklahoma out twice in head to head competition. Most of the southern areas of the Acc have growing populations and the northern areas have large metropolitan areas with lots of tv sets. 4 of the 5 states currently in the big 12 have very little population growth. The acc has it fair share of problems but if some of these schools were to get the right people in charge they could probably push the ceiling quite a bit higher than it is now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT