ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt wants WVU in the ACC

If that were true they wouldn't have stabbed them in the back in the first place.

I may be on an island here, but Id rather WVU do whats best for the university and not make a move soley based on renewing old rivalries. ACC would be a significant revenue loss for WVU, it would also be lesser competition. However, the BIGTEN WVU would make approx $20Million more then we do now, and our transportation costs would also reduce, and the competition would be far better. ACC has notably been some of the worst Strength of Schedules in the country for the past X years, it would virtually be a Big East 2.0

Id much rather play a BigTen schedule, and fill in our Out of Conference schedule with a couple ACC rivals.

I may be on an island here, but Id rather WVU do whats best for the university and not make a move soley based on renewing old rivalries. ACC would be a significant revenue loss for WVU, it would also be lesser competition. However, the BIGTEN WVU would make approx $20Million more then we do now, and our transportation costs would also reduce, and the competition would be far better. ACC has notably been some of the worst Strength of Schedules in the country for the past X years, it would virtually be a Big East 2.0

Id much rather play a BigTen schedule, and fill in our Out of Conference schedule with a couple ACC rivals.

Lay off the powder...fakeinvestorboy

Big 10 forget that is not an option wasting your breath on.

Pitt and WVU are on good terms.
And VT as well. I do know some German Club peeps that pushed hard for the rivalry to start back up.

Whitt publicly mentioned he wanted the series to go for many years in all sports. PITT said the same thing.

Guaranteed sell outs, except for @Pitt, but could change.

Look ACC is bad. Huge separation between Clemson and….. I guess UNC?

However they need programs that can play. Clemson can only hang on for so long and Dabo will be the next coach at Bama.

It’s going to be hard to be relevent to SEC regardless if B12 combines with Pac12, BIG takes B12 teams etc….

Reactions: pressvirginia

Homers are adorable. You official have zero credibility pal 😂.

Reactions: Rootmaster
That’s just not true Allen and you know that. Pitt admin and WVU stood arm and when BC, VT and Miami left Big East. Obviously Pitt had no power when it was time to add Ville.
Wonder what happened in the I got your back you got mine next thing you Pitt is in ACC and WVU is being sued.

Wonder what happened in the I got your back you got mine next thing you Pitt is in ACC and WVU is being sued.

You are connecting wrong dots. Any talk of Pitt stabbing WVU in back is literally silly. If you’re blaming Pitt you‘re head is in the wrong place.

Reactions: JSSTartan
You are connecting wrong dots. Any talk of Pitt stabbing WVU in back is literally silly. If you’re blaming Pitt you‘re head is in the wrong place.
You sound too much like TVZ. Everyone knows Pitt would sell their souls to have WVU sports to curl up and die.

Only believe about 10 percent of what the 'insider' bitch gregor says.

Add some topic content value for once you POS. You’re like the worst troll ever. You think you’re a WVU fan but can’t discuss anything related to WVU or sports. You seriously need your ass beat. Hopefully you open up you stupid mouth in a Morgantown bar and a legit WVU fan gives you a fat lip.

You sound too much like TVZ. Everyone knows Pitt would sell their souls to have WVU sports to curl up and die.

Im obviously not that guy. I’m telling you Allen there are people at Pitt not looking for WVU demise. Let it shake out. The end game may be a surprise to you.

Last edited:
Im obviously not that guy. I’m telling you Allen their are people at Pitt not looking for WVU demise. Let it shake out. The end game may be a surprise to you.
By your grammar I highly doubt you know anyone at Pitt
But continue this charade because it is funny

Homers are adorable. You official have zero credibility pal 😂.
Your response doesnt even apply. How is anything in that post "homerism"? Its fact, except my hope to play in BigTen, because monetarily that is whats best for WVU.

If I was a real homer, I would want WVU to play a shit schedule, an easier path to more wins... OR play opponents close by so I can go to games... That is Homerism...

ACC Strength of Schedules are Shit and have been shit for years now..
ACC would be approx a $6Mill PayCut for WVU
BIGTEN would be approx $20Mill Current Pay Raise ($26Mill compared to ACC)
BIGTEN would be a higher level of competition, far tougher schedule compared to a hypothetical ACC schedule.

I get how Pitt fans in this forum want to renew the rivalry, honestly, I could give a shit about "who we use to play", I want WVU to do whatever is best for the long term program health... To look forward, not backward. Personally, this is not directed at you or Pitt, but I find the ACC incredibly boring brand of football. Im not alone in that perspective either. While we probably join the ACC, our boosters will have to step up to make up for the reduction in revenues.

Last edited:
Look...worked in Pittsburgh with lots of Pitt grads. Most follow and support the Mountaineers as well as the Panthers. Have you ever been out of your neighborhood...WV...or to Pittsburgh? Really dumb statement.

Your response doesnt even apply. How is anything in that post "homerism"? Its fact, except my hope to play in BigTen, because monetarily that is whats best for WVU.

If I was a real homer, I would want WVU to play a shit schedule, an easier path to more wins... OR play opponents close by so I can go to games... That is Homerism...

ACC Strength of Schedules are Shit and have been shit for years now..
ACC would be approx a $6Mill PayCut for WVU
BIGTEN would be approx $20Mill Current Pay Raise ($26Mill compared to ACC)
BIGTEN would be a higher level of competition, far tougher schedule compared to a hypothetical ACC schedule.

I get how Pitt fans in this forum want to renew the rivalry, honestly, I could give a shit about "who we use to play", I want WVU to do whatever is best for the long term program health... To look forward, not backward. Personally, this is not directed at you or Pitt, but I find the ACC incredibly boring brand of football. Im not alone in that perspective either. While we probably join the ACC, our boosters will have to step up to make up for the reduction in revenues.

😂 look at this guy^^^^^^^^^^ no life.

Look...worked in Pittsburgh with lots of Pitt grads. Most follow and support the Mountaineers as well as the Panthers. Have you ever been out of your neighborhood...WV...or to Pittsburgh? Really dumb statement.
So it probably would be a good idea to get rid of Pitt and replaced them with WVU.
Not losing anything because Pitt fans support both schools
I’ll let the ACC know

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT