ADVERTISEMENT

Pick the score thread - WVU vs. Marshall

Chris from WV

Senior
Jul 5, 2002
The Herd's b-ball team is struggling and WVU is playing well. The Mountaineers also have the benefit of losing to Virginia (not VT - thanks countryroads89) in order to make the necessary adjustments.

Capital Classic 2015
Mountaineers 87
Herd 68

Plus, Skyler Howard runs for 37 yards on 7 attempts. [winking]

Last edited:
WVU - 72
MU - 58

the 14 point loss gives D'Antoni enough gusto to brag about effort in the post game.

Knowing his backwoods ass, he'll say something like "Look, they shouldn't cancel the series now. Heck, we didn't lose to them anymore than they lost to Virginia, and I see where they just signed up for series with them...... and that isn't as good for the state as this game"

Last year we walloped Marshall 69-66.

I wouldn't touch this game with a prediction or a bet.
Though we should win.

WVU 74
MU 65

Close game, with MU having the lead throughout. We reclaim the lead late, hit our FT's down the stretch, and win.

Pretty much the script for 90% of these games.........

How about a "total number of fouls called" thread? I'm going to geuss 987.

Oh, and WVU 78, Terdies 62.

The Herd's b-ball team is struggling and WVU is playing well. The Mountaineers also have the benefit of losing to Virginia (not VT - thanks countryroads89) in order to make the necessary adjustments.

Capital Classic 2015
Mountaineers 87
Herd 68

Plus, Skyler Howard runs for 37 yards on 7 attempts. [winking]

HOLY SMOKERS! Without editing my post mind you, I accurately predicted Marshall's 68 and was off by 1 point with WVU's. With this news, I am taking a vacation day and flying to Vegas in order to press my luck!

Given my prediction hot streak, I'll go out on a limb and predict a 9-3 season for West Virginia next fall.

WVU - 72
MU - 58

the 14 point loss gives D'Antoni enough gusto to brag about effort in the post game.

Knowing his backwoods ass, he'll say something like "Look, they shouldn't cancel the series now. Heck, we didn't lose to them anymore than they lost to Virginia, and I see where they just signed up for series with them...... and that isn't as good for the state as this game"

Just read about his post game interview. LOL, He said, there are no losers in this game", sorry old sport, but there was definitely at least one loser there last night.

Just read about his post game interview. LOL, He said, there are no losers in this game", sorry old sport, but there was definitely at least one loser there last night.

And I was nearly correct on his making a comparative reference to our schedule and their team...

"It's not about RPI. They played Kennesaw.......... They play EKU, and heck we beat them."

That's his justification for the game?

He's a salesman.......... that's all. He actually said "Yea we lost, but I'll sleep well tonight. We were good"

what HC says that after an 18 point defeat?

D'Antoni's comments will probably elicit some sympathy from some grandmothers and other ladies throughout WV. But they will have no effect on Bob Huggins.

Honestly though, I understand his RPI comments. And frankly I think Huggs shouldn't mention anything about RPI. If Huggs doesn't want to play them then don't play them. Quit using the RPI story.

If Huggs doesn't want to play them because the possibility of losing to them could come to fruition and then they act like unbearable jackasses for at least a year then I say don't play them.

Just come out and say that you don't want to play Marshall. Come out and say, "Chances are that when we play Marshall we will win. But one of these years they might beat us and I don't want to listen to their neurotic taunting afterwards. We have much more important things to be concerned about than Marshall basketball."

Just come out and say that you don't want to play them.

Honesty would definitely be preferable to ridiculous bulls#!t.

But, we will keep playing them, Huggins will gripe about it when the mood strikes him (As he does about almost everything. In case you've never noticed, he likes to gripe) and he'll mock D'Antoni (assuming he's still there) whenever he runs his mouth.

I really don't think Huggins is like the panty-waist faction of our fan base and can't handle Marshall fans beating their chests after an occasional win that might not even happen when Huggins is here. He might like to gripe, but he's made of sterner stuff.

If playing WVU is really important to Marshall, when they fire D'Antoni, they should give serious consideration to hiring someone Huggs likes.

What's also funny is D'Antoni was in full court press with 4.4 seconds left. He deals in moral victories. A spin doctor.

And I was nearly correct on his making a comparative reference to our schedule and their team...

"It's not about RPI. They played Kennesaw.......... They play EKU, and heck we beat them."

That's his justification for the game?

He's a salesman.......... that's all. He actually said "Yea we lost, but I'll sleep well tonight. We were good"

what HC says that after an 18 point defeat?

Honesty would definitely be preferable to ridiculous bulls#!t.

But, we will keep playing them, Huggins will gripe about it when the mood strikes him (As he does about almost everything. In case you've never noticed, he likes to gripe) and he'll mock D'Antoni (assuming he's still there) whenever he runs his mouth.

I really don't think Huggins is like the panty-waist faction of our fan base and can't handle Marshall fans beating their chests after an occasional win that might not even happen when Huggins is here. He might like to gripe, but he's made of sterner stuff.

WVU has one game scheduled for Charleston, WV in 2016........ and it isn't Marshall.

Could that change? Perhaps.......... but it'd probably take Governor intervention

Already weaseling away from your the "series is over" claims? I don't blame you, Huggins saying "I don't know," I have more important things to worry about, was probably a clue even you could pick up on. You also should have gone to the reception. President Gee stopped by our table and was asked (not by me) what he thought of the game. He basically said he liked it and expected things to get ironed out.

I'll be steadfast. The game will be played in Charleston in December 2016, despite D'Antoni being a jackass.

I think we might see a hiatus for a few years then a new deal worked out. Right now, it's just not a good deal for WVU.

The game's contract is up and so is the sponsorship.

If it is played at all..... It will be on WVU's terms, and that means, AT BEST, played in Morgantown, WV

WVU has Western Carolina inked to play in Charleston already next season. That is our sole game down there.

Lyons pretty much put the end to it last night when he told media that he had not even approached talking about renewing the contract with MU......... at a time when the rest of our OOC games are already booked. He instead said "When I get time, I think about it. I have to do what's best for WVU, in all sports"

If they are so desperate to play WVU fine. In Morgantown. I'm not a fan of the Charleston games but I understand why WVU does it. The difference is the other Charleston games are Home games for WVU. If its so great for the state then the state needs to upgrade that pos arena. Can we get a video board? Its 2015 yall

And it's totally about RPI. Easy to downplay the significance of RPI when your team never has to worry about it.

People forget that this is Huggins job and anything standing in the way of his goal (tournament run) is a big deal to him. We trivialize it but to Huggins, the RPI issue is huge. Anything that puts WVU at a disadvantage, will be fought - end of story.

I applaud him. It would be easier to just go with it, but the man wants to do his job right. I've been very critical of Huggins but I always give credit where credit is due and I'll never stand in the way of a man determined to do his job well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT