ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - Qualifying Round

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Well, might as well start the series thread......i freely admit I'm not at all excited about it. Can only hope the B&G give me some reason to get enthused :mad:

Reactions: torontoeers
In the series prediction piece in today's The Athletic, Pens scribe Sean Gentille said the biggest difference maker will be Malkin, whose line (he believes) represents the biggest mismatch in the series going against the Nick Suzuki-Jonathan Drouin-Joel Armia unit for Montreal.

FWIW, all four scribes (3 from Pittsburgh) picked the Pens in 4.

BTW, if you were wondering......and haven't looked it up previously......Games 1-3 of the Habs/Pens series are pre-scheduled as the 800EDT faceoff on Saturday 8/1, Monday 8/3, and Wednesday 8/5. I don't believe any game time decisions have been made for Games 4 (Friday 8/7) and 5 (Sunday 8/9) leaguewide.

Meanwhile.....and not that this matters, or has anything to do with the schedule......I see that Sportsnet in Canada calls the Pens their 7th choice right behind Washington, which was actually better than I'd have expected. Of course, I didn't expect them to slide Toronto down to 11th......the media darling Rangers to 12th.......and the Cryers all the way down to 14th (they're not excited about Hart in goal)

Yo boys! It's been awhile! Missed ya all . Let's f'n go Pens! Need this game one. Need production on the PP and competent goaltending....
These chumps love to fire the puck on net from anywhere, particularly perimeter and hope for a squeaker or rebound. Let's hope our guys wanna control the puck. And shoot it as well.

Reactions: COOL MAN and Euell
BTW, if you were wondering......and haven't looked it up previously......Games 1-3 of the Habs/Pens series are pre-scheduled as the 800EDT faceoff on Saturday 8/1, Monday 8/3, and Wednesday 8/5. I don't believe any game time decisions have been made for Games 4 (Friday 8/7) and 5 (Sunday 8/9) leaguewide.

Meanwhile.....and not that this matters, or has anything to do with the schedule......I see that Sportsnet in Canada calls the Pens their 7th choice right behind Washington, which was actually better than I'd have expected. Of course, I didn't expect them to slide Toronto down to 11th......the media darling Rangers to 12th.......and the Cryers all the way down to 14th (they're not excited about Hart in goal)
My overwhelming bet is game 4 and 5 if needed are a lock for 8pm. Habs and Leaves fans for that matter will scream blue murder if they are afternoon slots. And to be honest the viewing numbers would likely dictate an evening time slot. I was rather ecstatic to see the first 3 games at 8. Afternoon hockey blows :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No shock the Habs got the nice bounce after surviving the early blitz.....they're finally evening things up, but I wouldn't do anything different if I'm HCMS.

Looks like we're gonna need Horndog or Tanev to invent something if Price actually IS gonna stop everything......

Murray a strong save, Letang the great saving defensive play, and then the PP goal.......pretty crazy sequence for the Guins

Anyone else wish for anything other than the perimeter shots on that 2 man Ad? Gsus man, soft shot it in for Horney.

Aside that decent effort in the 1st, tonight's PP has been as bad as any other time this season. Milbury was absolutely right in calling out Geno for his do-nothing performance in a game (and a series) where he's got the physical advantage over virtually the entire Canadiens team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT