ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- OCT 2021

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
No, I'm not looking foward to tonight's Game 1, either.

Hopeful to get an early season road trip sweep tonight against Florida. Will be tough since it is the Panther’s season opener and we will likely experience a let down. Honestly, I am happy we have already captured 2 points considering what our current lines our. As long as we show the same grit and intensity despite outcome, I can take it until we get Crosby back.

Tough loss; judging from the DK online descriptionn and the radio broadcast late in the game.; it sounds like they deserved a better fate. But when you lose a 2 goal lead later in the 3rd, it's got to be a disappointment.

Still, 3 points on a road trip where we wouldn't have been shocked to see them lose twice is definitely an accomplishment.

Reactions: DocEER
Tough loss; judging from the DK online descriptionn and the radio broadcast late in the game.; it sounds like they deserved a better fate. But when you lose a 2 goal lead later in the 3rd, it's got to be a disappointment.

Still, 3 points on a road trip where we wouldn't have been shocked to see them lose twice is definitely an accomplishment.
I am thrilled we came away with 3 points. We should have 4, but at this stage, I will not grumble.

I don’t know what the rules are on goalie interference, but the Panther goal to make it 4-3 was from the result of a MASSIVE pile of bodies in the blue, with DeSmith under it all. Directly touching him was a Panther. No challenge was done because we had already used a timeout before and he didn’t want to risk the penalty.

If you knuckleheads weren't aware......and I wasn't until about 5 minutes ago......its the Black Hawks at Pens on NHL Network tonight at 700EDT.

Up 2-0 in the first 5 1/2 minutes......can't start much better than that.

4~0 after the first.....Heinen his 3rd goal in 7 periods, and McGinn a classy finish off a 2 on 1 with O'Connor (who had the second Pens goal). And Zucker drew iron.....Pens had 19 SOG.

what a start for the pens! playing smart, fast hockey with some size. looks great.

need to get healthy.

wonder when sid will return? whats wrong with rust?

Reactions: DocEER and COOL MAN
Team is calling Rusty "week to week" with an LBI......don't know if it's a knee or ankle or groin or hammy, but seems clear to me it's not a minor issue. I also know Sid remains out for tonight.

Reactions: Irwineer2
Just could feel they were going to get one there. Quality looks for them at the end of the period.
yup. could feel it coming too. I was hoping they would survive the intermission.

dallas playing hard for the end of a road trip.

Judging from reports today in both PHN and DK, it doesn't appear as though Sid is all that close to returning. He's saying he really hasn't exercised the wrist at all as yet; isn't ready to subject it (in practice) to the rigors of in-game action. He evidently wants the wrist to be pain-free before he puts it through the test.

Looks like the cautious hope is that he might be ready at the conclusion of this 8-game homestand; but I myself wouldn't bet a ton of money on it.

Seems like we always get a score then allow an immediate response. Bet we are in the top 3 over the last 5-10 years in giving up a goal within 90 seconds of scoring.

246631249_10161034640873765_6735671108230944545_n.jpg

Not taking a thing away from this team currently playing at half strength......if that strong......but as much as it might hurt some to hear it, you simply can't overstate the excellent play thus far of Jarry (6 GA in 4 starts) in their current streak.

Not taking a thing away from this team currently playing at half strength......if that strong......but as much as it might hurt some to hear it, you simply can't overstate the excellent play thus far of Jarry (6 GA in 4 starts) in their current streak.
more to do with how they play in front of him than him being good. but this is a good sign

Latest from Kingerski:
  1. Letang stil has COVID symptoms
  2. Carter still asymptomatic, MIGHT return vs Calgary
  3. DeSmith will start vs Calgary
  4. Sid still isn't taking full practices with the team
  5. Rusty still not skating with the team at all

Latest from Kingerski:
  1. Letang stil has COVID symptoms
  2. Carter still asymptomatic, MIGHT return vs Calgary
  3. DeSmith will start vs Calgary
  4. Sid still isn't taking full practices with the team
  5. Rusty still not skating with the team at all
they said he took full practice with the team yesterday. wtf? with all the misinformation around this?

pens blew their wad in the first 5 games. I bet they don't score again until sid returns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT