ADVERTISEMENT

Pens-Final 3 Reg. Season games

I was waiting for somebody to start the thread...good call @Euell ! Thank goodness...off my bad books for now...
You see the 'almost ' save by MM? Man alive I wanted that one for him....people here texting me 'Your boy! OMG!'...damn, damn , damn...
Yeah, helluva snag by #30! Too bad it was across the line. Reminded me of Frank Pietrangelo's "The Save" against the Devils (I think) in '91 playoffs. You might be too young to remember. If so, go to You Tube and check it out.

Yeah, helluva snag by #30! Too bad it was across the line. Reminded me of Frank Pietrangelo's "The Save" against the Devils (I think) in '91 playoffs. You might be too young to remember. If so, go to You Tube and check it out.
I remember well 'oldtimer' :wink:...and yes it sure does...I was 17 years old lol.

I remember well 'oldtimer' :wink:...and yes it sure does...I was 17 years old lol.
One of the two most memorable plays (at least for me) of the Stanley Cup run. The other was Mario beating Casey like "a rented mule" in the finals. It was a beautiful goal! And yes, I cannot deny the "old-timer" moniker. LOL!

Reactions: torontoeers
One of the two most memorable plays (at least for me) of the Stanley Cup run. The other was Mario beating Casey like "a rented mule" in the finals. It was a beautiful goal! And yes, I cannot deny the "old-timer" moniker. LOL!
Yes...the 66 goal on Casey. My call here was by Bob Cole who as it seems calls his last game this Saturday, Habs/Leaves...helluva run to say the least. But THAT goal called by him? Oh boy...I will see if I can pull it up for you...in fact they feature THAT goal for the last 20 years here on the HNIC opening on Saturday night...it was That good.

'Whoa baby' that was his call over the years...I hit the roof as a teenager... even made a tinfoil cup that I drank out of at a buddy's party that night lol...OMG ! Underage lol.

the best goals I ever saw in person at the igloo were the Recchi GW goal in game 6 of the Wales Conference finals in 91 and the Jordan Staal goal in game 4 of the 09 finals.
That Staal one for certain...then again I am biased, my local Pete boy AND Thunder Bay....damn did he ever drop off for awhile after his time in The Burgh...would you send out a flyer on him over next year or two? He's improved markedly, however Bjugs is a nice player in that slot imo....ah hell we are doomed a year or two down the road anyway...THIS has to be last kick at that can....

the best goals I ever saw in person at the igloo were the Recchi GW goal in game 6 of the Wales Conference finals in 91 and the Jordan Staal goal in game 4 of the 09 finals.

Game 4 in 82 vs the Islanders Rick Kehoe with the ot winner from a terrible angle was a good one. But I hardly remember because I snuck a bottle of Jim Beam into the arena and everything was fuzzy

Reactions: WVRON and Euell
Game 4 in 82 vs the Islanders Rick Kehoe with the ot winner from a terrible angle was a good one. But I hardly remember because I snuck a bottle of Jim Beam into the arena and everything was fuzzy
Ah shit...you DO date me with that one lol...you were my age in the 91 era I assume....although I do remember the era...I was a Leaf fan till draft year 2 years hence...I do remember Michel Dion specific and that crafted Penguin mask...it was brilliant imo.
b88b060c825939fd6f74c9c27f68bf41.jpg

Seems like we have seen three weeks of the same script. Pens out chance the opponent and struggle to bury the puck. Two games from the playoffs and no sign of Sid and crew breaking out of this funk....I know they are winning but not much offense

Ah shit...you DO date me with that one lol...you were my age in the 91 era I assume....although I do remember the era...I was a Leaf fan till draft year 2 years hence...I do remember Michel Dion specific and that crafted Penguin mask...it was brilliant imo.
b88b060c825939fd6f74c9c27f68bf41.jpg

My first game was late in the 76 or 77 season. Not sure but it was against the horrible caps

Seems like we have seen three weeks of the same script. Pens out chance the opponent and struggle to bury the puck. Two games from the playoffs and no sign of Sid and crew breaking out of this funk....I know they are winning but not much offense

And three glorious chances in first 5 minutes of the 3rd and can’t finish. Rust misses the net with an uncontested 25 footer

Ya know...at the start of this one I said YET AGAIN why MM? Where is Casey? I get the fact he is our #1 but imo this is now to the point of STUPID. Wrong call Sully yet again...put Casey in the damned net to both pressure MM give Casey work and to save MM legs for playoff/prevent injury . Is this ****ing rocket science? NO! Anyone wanna argue this? It defies logic! Now he HAS to play him yet again on Thursday night...DUMB DUMB DUMB!!! GSUS this bugs the shit outta me...

Ya know...at the start of this one I said YET AGAIN why MM? Where is Casey? I get the fact he is our #1 but imo this is now to the point of STUPID. Wrong call Sully yet again...put Casey in the damned net to both pressure MM give Casey work and to save MM legs for playoff/prevent injury . Is this ****ing rocket science? NO! Anyone wanna argue this? It defies logic! Now he HAS to play him yet again on Thursday night...DUMB DUMB DUMB!!! GSUS this bugs the shit outta me...

I hear ya bro but until the Pens have clinched I’m keeping Murr in net. Without him these last few weeks we’d likely be on the outside looking in.

Can anyone tell me why the hell Sully split up the McCann/Sid/Jake line? It was damn near unstoppable and yet he continues to move McCann around. JFC just leave it alone! And when Tanger and Dumo get back please put Maatta back on the bench! My biggest criticism of Sully is his constant moving of players up and down lines. And his love affair with Simon is baffling.

One last thing can someone tell me what was said about the reviewed non goal that Murr made what appeared to be a miraculous save on? It looked to me that not all his glove was across the goal line and since you couldn’t see the puck how could they award that goal? I was drunk so maybe I saw it wrong. Lol!

I hear ya bro but until the Pens have clinched I’m keeping Murr in net. Without him these last few weeks we’d likely be on the outside looking in.

Can anyone tell me why the hell Sully split up the McCann/Sid/Jake line? It was damn near unstoppable and yet he continues to move McCann around. JFC just leave it alone! And when Tanger and Dumo get back please put Maatta back on the bench! My biggest criticism of Sully is his constant moving of players up and down lines. And his love affair with Simon is baffling.

One last thing can someone tell me what was said about the reviewed non goal that Murr made what appeared to be a miraculous save on? It looked to me that not all his glove was across the goal line and since you couldn’t see the puck how could they award that goal? I was drunk so maybe I saw it wrong. Lol!

it looked to me that the puck was visible through the webbing and had actually crossed the line entirely

I just don't want him injured...he is made of glass...but ya...and now because of the effort last night in he goes again tomorrow...G damn our guys ALWAYS do things the hard way...

You still up? Lol...
If 'we ' make the playoff...as well as they had been playing at times over the last month, last night pissed me off... a lot.

yes, its baseball season so I tucker out early unless its a pens playoff game. They def need the two points tomorrow night. I have a road game an hour drive away from our school tomorrow afternoon so I'll get home around 8 and probably proceed directly to bed.

Finally back home today after consecutive weeks of corporate meetings in St Louis. Regrettably, I did not get a chance to see the Blues this past Monday night, as we had an affair that evening at Busch Stadium.....but I heard that several Canadians associates (in town for the same meeting) bolted Busch early and took in the Avalanche and Blues..

Unfortunately, my concern last weekend over playing the scalding hot Dead Wings this week proved accurate.....and frankly, I'm only slightly less concerned about tonight's rematch. You have to think they'll come out very confident; and having nothing to lose always takes off the pressure.

Geno and Tanger are being called game-time decisions; sounds like the team is at least willing to consider the idea of running both of them out there tonight......and if that happened to result in a win, perhaps both would sit out again Saturday. On the negative side, it sounds like Dumo is definitely out tonight, and I get the impression he won't play Saturday either. Great time to have your two best D-men.....and your second best forward......injured.

Definitely nervous tonight......just so there's no confusion, the Pens can absolutely still miss the playoffs altogether if they lose their last two and Carolina, Columbus, and Montreal each win out. Looks better for the Jerks (at NJD and at PHL) and Blojax (at NYR and at OTT) than it does for the Habs (at WAS and TOR).

FYI, NYI (at FLA and at WAS) are in 2nd by 2 points over the Pens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT