ADVERTISEMENT

Pens/Bolts-Eastern Conference Finals

guesses for when TB pulls their goalie ?

1 minute 8 seconds...

Beat the Sharks !!!

ESPN Stats & Info‏@
Penguins advance to Stanley Cup Final!
4th time in NHL history, rookie goalie won G7, rookie scored game-winning goal

Game7-Infogfx-TBL.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't have bet 5 cents after the 2nd period that game would have ended 2-1

Pens won the Cup the last time Sid hoisted the P of W trophy......OK with me he lifted it tonight.

Reactions: torontoeers
I thought Dumoulin and Maatta both played VERY well tonight, Lovejoy played his typical unspectacular but reasonably solid game, and Schultz was active in his limited minutes. Didn't really seem to hear/see much from Cole.......and then there's "Norris Trophy candidate" Kris Letang; I can smell HIS stink all the way out here in Cincinnati.

#GoBolts
Congratulations to the penguins and thank you for an incredible Eastern Conference Final.
Best of luck.

CjboUHdWgAA7Bym.jpg

I thought Dumoulin and Maatta both played VERY well tonight, Lovejoy played his typical unspectacular but reasonably solid game, and Schultz was active in his limited minutes. Didn't really seem to hear/see much from Cole.......and then there's "Norris Trophy candidate" Kris Letang; I can smell HIS stink all the way out here in Cincinnati.
Lol...I said to the wife...they showed up as a team tonight and battled till the last minute...very proud of their effort all around...I was especially impressed with how around 5 mins left they were still taking it to the Bolts...they wanted it badly tonight...and Congrats to the fans too for upping the volume when it counted! Wow....bring on San Jose!!!!

Reactions: COOL MAN
Pittsburgh Penguins
We're bound for the Stanley Cup Final!
Game 1 will be on NBC on Monday night.

CjbwZFHWUAAJR0L.jpg

Are you assuming, as I am, that San Jose......coming off their ass-kicking of St Louis......will be Cup favorites more or less by acclimation ???

Maybe I'm saying that because I've listened to NHLN Radio pretty much constantly since the playoffs started, and the Sharks have played their way into the hearts and minds of everyone on that station. And that's BEFORE all their personal genuflecting over Thornton and Marleau and Burns and Pavelski and Jones and Couture and Van Scoy and Ward and seemingly everyone else on that roster.

Pens won the Cup the last time Sid hoisted the P of W trophy......OK with me he lifted it tonight.

Hey t, in last night's NBCSN post-game, Milbury went out of his way......
I don't recall why, exactly......to mention two things about this time of year he just CAN'T STAND:
  • This eternal concern about touching the Conference championship trophies; his take is "shut up and pickup the damned thing".
  • Playoff beards; I guess Thornton and Burns have about pushed him clean over the edge on this one.

Reactions: torontoeers
Was checking out the TOI stats from Game 7, and a few jumped out at me:
  • Matt Cullen - - 11:43 (guess Sully thought he was having trouble with the pace)
  • Brian Rust - - 11:12 (bet the Bolts....and ME, for that matter.... thought he played TWICE that much
  • Ian Cole - - 10:43
  • Eric Fehr - - 8:49
  • Brian Boyle - - 9:07 (see my take on Cullen)
  • JT Brown - - 4:07
  • Slater Koekkoek - - 15:07 (McGuire was pimping him a bunch, and justifiably IMO)
Looks like Cooper used more of his team than Sulivan; 12 Bolts played 15:00+ while only 9 Penguins had that much TOI.

Reactions: Euell
Hey t, in last night's NBCSN post-game, Milbury went out of his way......
I don't recall why, exactly......to mention two things about this time of year he just CAN'T STAND:
  • This eternal concern about touching the Conference championship trophies; his take is "shut up and pickup the damned thing".
  • Playoff beards; I guess Thornton and Burns have about pushed him clean over the edge on this one.
Lol! For once I agree with him wholeheartedly....I'm happy Sid had the guts to pick the thing up and say to the masses 'this superstition is downright stupid'....I suppose it goes to the point that EVERY player views it as Cup or nothing but winning that PoW trophy is DEFINITELY something to be proud of regardless imo....

Sully was just on Rogers radio at noon here and went well out of his way to praise both Murray and Flower...said Murray 'thinks the game well, is almost always positioned well, and mature beyond his recent 22 years'...as for Flower 'it was not easy to tell Marc he wasn't starting after all he has done over this year and prior for the organization, he is a fantastic teammate, and acts like the consummate professional, he's had an unfortunate tough go coming back from the injury and did not get enough playing time coming into these playoffs'....He also said the 'argument' between Sid / Horny the other day is/was a healthy one...'we call them grown mens discussion's and let them go for a bit...they feed off each other'

Sun is shining today isn't it!!! 4 more games lads....that's all we ask lol...

Was checking out the TOI stats from Game 7, and a few jumped out at me:
  • Matt Cullen - - 11:43 (guess Sully thought he was having trouble with the pace)
  • Brian Rust - - 11:12 (bet the Bolts....and ME, for that matter.... thought he played TWICE that much
  • Ian Cole - - 10:43
  • Eric Fehr - - 8:49
  • Brian Boyle - - 9:07 (see my take on Cullen)
  • JT Brown - - 4:07
  • Slater Koekkoek - - 15:07 (McGuire was pimping him a bunch, and justifiably IMO)
Looks like Cooper used more of his team than Sulivan; 12 Bolts played 15:00+ while only 9 Penguins had that much TOI.
Gotta tell ya I too was REAL impressed with the amount of time Cooper gave Koek's last night. He looked like a vet out there and I'm always overjoyed to see a former Pete crack the bigs on a regular basis...I said to the wife 'he used to have more pimples than that last time we saw him!' Lol...I give the Bolts a lot of credit for the way they played. With a somewhat depleted lineup they gave ALL they had, and for the most part played the series cleanly. ..this last fact I really respect , in looking back at the headhunters the Pens played in round 1&2!

Are you assuming, as I am, that San Jose......coming off their ass-kicking of St Louis......will be Cup favorites more or less by acclimation ???

Maybe I'm saying that because I've listened to NHLN Radio pretty much constantly since the playoffs started, and the Sharks have played their way into the hearts and minds of everyone on that station. And that's BEFORE all their personal genuflecting over Thornton and Marleau and Burns and Pavelski and Jones and Couture and Van Scoy and Ward and seemingly everyone else on that roster.
I get that picture too CM...IMO the Pens forwards are slightly better, The goaltending....well this could be a saw off between the 2 rooks...I haven't seen enough of Jones but from what I hear he is the Yin to Murray's Yang so to speak...and I have to give their D an edge although the Pens backend has played fairly well with an unheralded cast...I sure wish we had Daley but that ship has unfortunately sailed for the year...

And works for me if the majority of the media/fans are in the Sharks corner...not to play the us vs the world philosophy but I also got the feel that the majority were rooting against the Pens in every series thus far. So be it...look where they are now! The 'oh I'd really love to see Thornton get a cup' mentality from some actually makes me chuckle an awful lot...some people need to do a bit of reading...this guy is and ALWAYS has been a first rate jerk his entire career. Marleau? Ok...Joe Thornton? LMAO...yeah Mr. Nice guy...just ridiculous.
And I personally don't forget the fact that these Sharks have been slightly re-tooled but they are still loaded with past underachievers....I think it's the good guys in 6...perhaps 7.

Pens gonna win boys! Time to call ghost busters and have all the home game 7 demons vanquished! This team has battled through too much to let it end now. Our core of superstars has suffered since 2009. We are on the brink and there is NO WAY this team won't get it done tonight! There is NO WAY we lose a 3rd home game in this series. I expect Murray to be stellar if not spectacular, and I expect every one to BRING IT tonight. Ice the beers and hide the women because it's a hockey night in Pittsburgh! LET'S GO PENS!!!!
Ok Ron...this is getting darned impressive imo...well done!

Now...you've got plenty of time before next game to look into that crystal ball which is good....but...we're going to call on you come Sept for another bold prediction. I won't get greedy and ask for a National Championship BUT...is a Big 12 Football Championship in the cards?!?!? :pray:....[WVU]

Reactions: Euell
And.....I hate to break it to ya fellas but....game 5 looks in doubt for the Pens :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ....This will be a series I dearly hope the Bolts win just ONE if ya know where I'm going with this....sorry but I had to LOL!

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!

In 92 I had game 5 tickets and the Pens swept the Hawks. In 08 and 09 I went to game 4. Saw a great Pens win in 09.

Reactions: COOL MAN
In 92 I had game 5 tickets and the Pens swept the Hawks. In 08 and 09 I went to game 4. Saw a great Pens win in 09.

Pens won 4 straight over the Hawks, and justifiably so......but as I recall, that might have been THE closest sweep in the history of playoff sports.

Pens won 4 straight over the Hawks, and justifiably so......but as I recall, that might have been THE closest sweep in the history of playoff sports.

Game one was the greatest game I never saw. I was working in Roanoke VA and could not find the game anywhere. Hotel didn't carry it. Couldn't find a bar that had it. I went out to the Roanoke Airport where I could pick up KDKA am radio. Sat there listening to the game in my car!

Game one was the greatest game I never saw. I was working in Roanoke VA and could not find the game anywhere. Hotel didn't carry it. Couldn't find a bar that had it. I went out to the Roanoke Airport where I could pick up KDKA am radio. Sat there listening to the game in my car!
Wow...feel your pain there...yikes...would you fella's say that the game on the whole has made big inroads in the States today as compared to back then? I remember both the Hawks and North Stars finals fairly well...I was just graduating high school lol...myself and my buddy were over at a friend of ours...him in his freshly minted Barrasso jersey, and myself having fashioned a mini cup out of tinfoil, cardboard, and disposable champagne cups much to the Leaf fans chagrin...anyway...I am assuming now that this year's final will be carried on NBC or an affiliate available to all? Or am I wrong there and still not 'everyone' would have the feed? Just curious...

Wow...feel your pain there...yikes...would you fella's say that the game on the whole has made big inroads in the States today as compared to back then? I remember both the Hawks and North Stars finals fairly well...I was just graduating high school lol...myself and my buddy were over at a friend of ours...him in his freshly minted Barrasso jersey, and myself having fashioned a mini cup out of tinfoil, cardboard, and disposable champagne cups much to the Leaf fans chagrin...anyway...I am assuming now that this year's final will be carried on NBC or an affiliate available to all? Or am I wrong there and still not 'everyone' would have the feed? Just curious...

I am not sure of the schedule as NBC and their affiliate carry the games. However not everyone has NBC Sports Network. When I lived near Syracuse for 2 winters I could get CBC and Hockey Night in Canada feeds. Nothing of that quality here as you know.

Honestly I a dumbfounded as to why the sport has not gone wild in the US. I recall watching mask-less Andy Brown in goal for the Pens and have loved the game since. People will tell me that they don't understand the rules or can't follow the puck. There are far less rules than football and baseball and both icing and offsides are relatively simple concepts (until you insert the offside challenge!!). I tell friends that if you lose puck, follow the players as the puck will be there. I never watch the NBA. Rarely watch the NFL if The Steelers aren't on. I only watch hockey and baseball.

Let's go Pens

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT