ADVERTISEMENT

Pat White

He was a transcendent talent in that offense, which makes for a terrible coach.

Pat’s first lesson would be to out run everybody and juke five people before scoring a touchdown. Easier said than done.

That’s why Michael Jordan could never coach. People like that can’t understand when players can’t do what they did in their prime. It’s like trying to teach someone to play the violin left handed when you’re right handed person you can’t play violin.

Reactions: wvufootball2006
How many new posters or should I say New aliases does the main board have to put up with?

And btw Pat White has zero shot to be a coach at WVU or any P5 school till he’s been a coach for multiple years at other levels & other places. Jahmille Addae has done it for near 10 years if you count his GA experience and he’s just now getting better jobs at the P5 level.

A person has to put in time. Clint Tricket is a TE coach at FAU but he had to put in his time at a juco in MS. Grain Justice had to start at Concord College and has went from FAU to Zona (never got to coach) to I think he’s at unlv now. Nobody or very few coaches ever start out at the P5 especially as a qb coach.

Pat’s first lesson would be to out run everybody and juke five people before scoring a touchdown. Easier said than done.

That’s why Michael Jordan could never coach. People like that can’t understand when players can’t do what they did in their prime. It’s like trying to teach someone to play the violin left handed when you’re right handed person you can’t play violin.
"Fiddle" but good analogy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is a very good point. Its hard for people who just naturally "get it" to translate it to people who do not.

My dad was an engineer. He had that type of brain. I cringed when he helped me with math homework. It always ended the same way, him telling me it was easy and me not knowing wtf to do.

He didnt get how I didnt get it....

Reactions: WESTBGVA
Pat White already screwed us by promoting Bill Stewart’s hiring. I don’t want a second mistake by hiring Pat as coach.

Reactions: dogeered_again
How many new posters or should I say New aliases does the main board have to put up with?

And btw Pat White has zero shot to be a coach at WVU or any P5 school till he’s been a coach for multiple years at other levels & other places. Jahmille Addae has done it for near 10 years if you count his GA experience and he’s just now getting better jobs at the P5 level.

A person has to put in time. Clint Tricket is a TE coach at FAU but he had to put in his time at a juco in MS. Grain Justice had to start at Concord College and has went from FAU to Zona (never got to coach) to I think he’s at unlv now. Nobody or very few coaches ever start out at the P5 especially as a qb coach.

Yep, and coaching is the family business for Trickett and hes putting in the time at lower level.

Recruiting is important. Pat White could recruit. They hire people who never played the position all over D1. Pat has experience playing QB at power 5 college football here at WVU as an all time great QB in college football history. He knows WVU and the culture. He knows the recruiting. Pat also has experience playing QB in the NFL and Canada in last 5-10 years. Trust me the guy knows the QB position better than anybody we could hire. He has real player credibility at the major college and professional ranks. He’s done it all. He coached QBs at D1 Alcorn State this past year. Hire him.

Recruiting is important. Pat White could recruit. They hire people who never played the position all over D1. Pat has experience playing QB at power 5 college football here at WVU as an all time great QB in college football history. He knows WVU and the culture. He knows the recruiting. Pat also has experience playing QB in the NFL and Canada in last 5-10 years. Trust me the guy knows the QB position better than anybody we could hire. He has real player credibility at the major college and professional ranks. He’s done it all. He coached QBs at D1 Alcorn State this past year. Hire him.
No thanks. Totally disagree

They are all the same profile. It's like a place infested with cockroaches.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT