ADVERTISEMENT

Football needs a dual threat QB

wvpaper

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2010
No chance at being relevant otherwise

Pat White

Major Harris

Whatever coach is next, he needs to swallow his pride and recruit a fast running QB with a decent arm. Will never have the surrounding talent to make a drop back QB move the needle

Reactions: WVUT
Nicco
Greene

Two already on the team. They don't have to be fast. Just need to show the ability to run. This way they can't sit on one thing and stop it all day.

Last edited:
Greene is not really dual threat. His arm is ok. Who knows about Nicco.

We really need someone great at both. Our offensive line has been largely meh since Trickett left. If you can't block then you need someone that will force the defensive front 7 to stay at home in case they run.

This is true. Brown could have helped himself out a great deal by getting a dual threat QB early on. History has proven this is the type of QB WVU will have its best success with. It just makes too much sense. Of course, all the bluebloods want this type of QB now so the ones who can run and throw at an elite level are basically off the table for WVU. Greene can turn on the jets and has a nice arm except the accuracy is a bit of an issue at times. Nicco didn't look nearly as fast as Greene, but he may have the better arm.

I think Nicco can run pretty good. We didnt see enough of him but if he stays he's probably the future here. I really like Green too. Definitely agree about a duel threat QB either way. Just not sure what Kneel will do.

I think Nicco can run pretty good. We didnt see enough of him but if he stays he's probably the future here. I really like Green too. Definitely agree about a duel threat QB either way. Just not sure what Kneel will do.

Duel threat is definitely the way to go. Dual threats can pick up yards with either the pass or the run. Duel threats can just walk past after literally killing you.

Reactions: Phil1972
How about we push the envelope and go triple threat?

30y5ox.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT