ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Urban Meyer

You are surprised?

He coached a FL program that topped the SEC in arrests. He had Aaron Hernandez and about 50 other arrests in a season at the end of his time in Gainesville.

As for Tosu, they had Senator Tressel, tat gate, and Maurice Clarrett, they'll not bat an eye over Urb not being truthful. Well, ...... as long as he keeps thumping the Khakis.

Big question is. When will he have another breakdown like he had at Florida?

Reactions: lenny4wvu

No because Ohio St still believes in him.
He left Florida to come home.
Florida still has not come back from a coach leaving them for elsewhere.

But......if Meyer and Ohio St continues to run around in circles they may move on

For whatever reason JT Barrett is blame for Ohio St's failure.

The truth is Tom Herman in 2014 had maybe one of the greatest offenses ever created.

They are trying to recapture what Herman did there.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Currently listening to Finebaum (guest host out of KY, not Paul), they highlight that text messages from a Brett McMurphy article/posting demonstrate that coaches and coaches wives on the Ohio State Staff were aware of what this WR coach was doing to his wife. This is the biggest reason I will never believe that coaches/ADs are not aware of a lot of scandals and illegal activities within their programs.

Coaches/coaches wives/staff members talk & there's no real secrets. It's why I never for once ever believed Jerry Sandusky was a surprise to the folks in Happy Valley. They had to know.

As for Urb, he will be fine regardless of the evidence (9 police reports in Columbus of domestic violence from 2012-2016). Ohio State will probably try to get Frank Solich fired as a way to punish Urb. The guy wins games, beats Meat Chicken, makes them $$$$, and sadly that's ALL THAT MATTERS.

Brett McMurphy may be the only Okie worth his weight.

This is going to hurt Ohio St recruiting.
How can Urban Meyer sit in a mother's living room after this

You mean the convenient breakdown that allowed him to not fulfill his contract obligations without early termination penalty and take the job he really wanted when it became available? That breakdown?

The lifeblood of any coach isn't his recruiting, like a lot of people think. It's his reputation, because without the reputation, there is no recruiting.

That's why coaches guard it so carefully. It's why JoePa, Rod, and a bunch of others, now including Urban do/did what they do. There can't be anything to tarnish the reputation.

With Urban on "administrative leave" it most likely means he's out, with some kind of structured settlement to boot.

In today's hyper-sensitive world, it is really the only option if the rumors are true. Even if they aren't, its a huge black-eye on his reputation, and one he will have to fight vehemently to protect. He even may win in court, but in today's court of public opinion, he's guilty regardless.

Fortunately for him, there is a short memory. He'll take a year or two off, then some school will take a "chance" on him again. Its how it usually works.

The thing moved so fast yesterday I didn't hear she was pregnant when he was thumping her. The assistant needs to do a little time to get his "mind right" as the warden said in "Cool Hand Luke".

As a poster above said, wives of men on coaching staffs tend to be tight. They're all normally new to the college town their husband is working in. They attend games, go to dinner and hang with each other, sharing their problems the way women do with their female friends.

Meyer saying he didn't know about this until a "few days ago" is pure B.S. My guess is it's been a regular part of his wife's pillow talk with him for years. When you mess over one woman in a group of friends they all know about it, and you can be damned sure their husbands and boyfriends do too. Take that to the bank from a man who has been married for thirty plus years.

Reactions: Phil
Such high hopes in Columbus are crashing down

This could be positive for the Big XII
1) TCU is the first good opponent Ohio St plays so if there is turmoil TCU could beat a Top 5 team

2) Gets Ohio St out of Texas.
Herman and Tim Beck helped Ohio St start recruiting Texas and Urban has kept it going after they left

After Texas pushed the Ohio St game back for Alabama Meyer and Ohio St had their feelings hurt so they had a WR recruit from Austin smut up the Big XII and UT
The kid was originally from Dublin, Ohio. He came down to Texas to play HS football to play better players.

The last 10-15 years Ohio has learned that their HS Football cannot compare to Texas

Wonder if Ohio St will bring Jim Tressel back.
His show clause is over by now.

I heard Urban eats babies and voted for Hilary.

A man like that shouldn't be coaching football anywhere

Talk about core values.

Tar Heel,

We know this story can't be true. I mean Head Football Coaches or any of the football coaches are not permitted by the NCAA to there during off season conditioning. Plus off season conditioning is totally voluntary.

Note the above comment contains some sarcasm.

And for the record, I still don't think they'll fire Urban Meyer. If so he will have a job again. He has won too much for a school not to want him. Not at all saying it's right. Just saying it's the way it is.

Last edited:
Tar Heel,

We know this story can't be true. I mean Head Football Coaches or any of the football coaches are not permitted by the NCAA to there during off season conditioning. Plus off season conditioning is totally voluntary.

Note the above comment contains some sarcasm.

And for the record, I still don't think they'll fire Urban Meyer. If so he will have a job again. He has won too much for a school not to want him. Not at all saying it's right. Just saying it's the way it is.

I don't know man. ALOT of dirt is coming out now. and I REALLY don't think its over yet.

I remember up until the late 80's beach and resort towns were full of college football players working as bouncers, lifeguards, at rec areas, and amusement parks until a week or so before fall camp. Then they'd head off.

Sports shouldn't be a year round requirement for student athletes unless you want to start paying them

Pratt

It may not be over, but I believe there are certain people in the "business" that could get caught on video going OJ on 2 or more people and they would still be allowed to coach. Nick Saban could get away with anything cause he has 5 or 6 titles and owns a conference. Coach K at Duke same way.

It's dangerous cause you can get situations like Sandusky State where it's just sick what a sports coach can control. Art Briles just won a Big XII conference title and essentially had control of "ongoing" police investigations that were never ending so his players names were kept hidden.

Let me be clear, I think Urban Meyer should be fired. He's a scumbag. And so is every coach on that staff who didn't report to the authorities or just flat out beat this WR Coach's ass for beating on his wife. I just don't believe Meyer will be fired for the reasons I've said. He makes the school too much $$$$$.

This is just like Penn State on a different scale who imo should have gotten the DEATH PENALTY for at least 2 seasons, but didn't because they make the B1G Conference and college football too much $$$$$$. What Penn State allowed was worse than any scandal ever, and yes even Baylor. The punishment was they Got scholarship reductions similar to USC who had Reggie Bush getting compensation from an agent.

Pratt

It may not be over, but I believe there are certain people in the "business" that could get caught on video going OJ on 2 or more people and they would still be allowed to coach. Nick Saban could get away with anything cause he has 5 or 6 titles and owns a conference. Coach K at Duke same way.

It's dangerous cause you can get situations like Sandusky State where it's just sick what a sports coach can control. Art Briles just won a Big XII conference title and essentially had control of "ongoing" police investigations that were never ending so his players names were kept hidden.

Let me be clear, I think Urban Meyer should be fired. He's a scumbag. And so is every coach on that staff who didn't report to the authorities or just flat out beat this WR Coach's ass for beating on his wife. I just don't believe Meyer will be fired for the reasons I've said. He makes the school too much $$$$$.

This is just like Penn State on a different scale who imo should have gotten the DEATH PENALTY for at least 2 seasons, but didn't because they make the B1G Conference and college football too much $$$$$$. What Penn State allowed was worse than any scandal ever, and yes even Baylor. The punishment was they Got scholarship reductions similar to USC who had Reggie Bush getting compensation from an agent.

You are speaking about 4 different situations.

Even if Nick Saban made a mistake The Red Elephant Club would remove Saban because Nick Saban is not bigger than Alabama just like Urban Meyer is not bigger than Ohio St.

The Penn State situation was different because Joe Paterno was Penn St.
Even they had no choice but to remove Paterno.

The wife of the victim claims that she doesn't know if Urban's wife told Urban Meyer about the situation in 2015

If it can be proven and wants to be proven than Meyer is finished.

The problem for Ohio St is if someone can prove he knew so they have to be careful.
Trust and believe Michigan boosters are going to make sure they cab put a knife into the Buckeyes.

Penn St still believes that Ohio St had a hand in the Joe Paterno situation in 2011 and that Ohio St was the reason for the strict NCAA violations that were later reversed.

Baylor had to do what they did because they are a Baptist University.
More than that they are the biggest representative of the SBC.

You mean the convenient breakdown that allowed him to not fulfill his contract obligations without early termination penalty and take the job he really wanted when it became available? That breakdown?

Yes the anxiety and panic attack bringing a heart problem that caused him to leave Florida.

Urban Meyer reveals frightening details of his battle with anxiety and depression

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...his-battle-with-anxiety-and-depression-091316

Any more questions?

Canning Jim Tressel for looking the other way for a few tattoos set a precedent at OSU for having tight institutional control over the athletic dept. Not canning Meyer for something of this magnitude would be the height of hypocrisy, giving the entire institution a black eye nationally.

Per the 6 p.m. news, Meyer said he knew but took the appropriate steps against the coach. Hmm... then why didn't Meyer fire the guy when he found out about it instead of waiting for it to hit the news years after the fact? Very odd.

The sweater vest Senator had 1 National Title (courtesy of the worst PI call you'll ever see in a Title Game). At the end he had fallen off a bit in a DOWN B1G. Tressell also had 2 Big PR nightmares: M Clarett (getting caught falsifying a police report on $3k worth of stolen stuff out of his car-which was a loaner from a dealership, challenging the NFL's archaic draft eligibility policy, and insulting the Athletic Director Andy Geiger who then said he had violated 14 NCAA rules) and Terrelle Pryor (drove 8 different new cars while at Ohio State and flaunted it along with the Tats for gold pants (from beating Meat Chicken) scandal.

The Senator who coincidentally wrote a book with a ghost writer called "The winners manual for the game of life." but didn't include the chapter on cheating, paying players, and fixing your summer camp to where the top recruit target there always wins the best prizes, was not like what "Urb" has done on the field. Keep in mind the Senator got OSU a slap on the wrist NCAA probation and 1 post season NCAA ban which kept Urb from going bowling in his first year (UNDEFEATED BTW).

Yes the anxiety and panic attack bringing a heart problem that caused him to leave Florida.

Urban Meyer reveals frightening details of his battle with anxiety and depression

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...his-battle-with-anxiety-and-depression-091316

Any more questions?

No question in the first place. My point is he is a conniving guy from the start and his "medical problem" was embellished at best to allow him to spurn Florida and wait for the tOSU job to open up.

Reactions: TheTruthof2018
No question in the first place. My point is he is a conniving guy from the start and his "medical problem" was embellished at best to allow him to spurn Florida and wait for the tOSU job to open up.

Plus he was involved in the smearing of Jim Tressel.
Tressel's only fault was that he stuck with his Midwest players and did not recruit the South and California.
Boosters were embarrassed by the blow outs to the SEC because of the lack of overall team speed.
California used to be the only state that could win big exclusively with home grown talent.

The state of Florida and Texas needed QBs.
Texas has QBs now but it lacks great OLs and Florida still does not have QBs.

Brett McMurphy may be the only Okie worth his weight.

This is going to hurt Ohio St recruiting.
How can Urban Meyer sit in a mother's living room after this
Lmao. If its reporting by the media in this country or on the internet it's gotta be true. People never learn and believe what they want to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT