ADVERTISEMENT

OT - places to visit in WV

TugRiveer

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 27, 2019
Thinking of swinging up to WV in late May to spend a few weeks exploring. I was raised in Mingo county and always hunted and fished that area and am very familiar with the coalfields area, most of the southern portion from Hinton to Huntington. So I’m looking for stops and places of interest from there northward. Places to fish, hike, sight see and eat. Like to bounce around from 4-6 different places, spending a day or two near each area. I will have my son and wife with me so keep that in mind. I know a few spots I’m sure you will name and may already be on my list, just looking for added input. Thanks.

Sure they are on your list.

But Blackwater Falls. Stop and eat at Sirianni's Pizza in Davis.
Harper's Ferry
Snowshoe.
Seneca Caverns

Make a day going to:
West Virginia Wildlife Center (Buckhannon)
Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum (Weston)

Reactions: TugRiveer
Float the greenbrier river. Great fishing. Beautiful scenery.

Thinking of swinging up to WV in late May to spend a few weeks exploring. I was raised in Mingo county and always hunted and fished that area and am very familiar with the coalfields area, most of the southern portion from Hinton to Huntington. So I’m looking for stops and places of interest from there northward. Places to fish, hike, sight see and eat. Like to bounce around from 4-6 different places, spending a day or two near each area. I will have my son and wife with me so keep that in mind. I know a few spots I’m sure you will name and may already be on my list, just looking for added input. Thanks.
Green Bank Observatory, Cass Railroad, Droop Mountain Battlefield, and Beartown State Park are all pretty close to each other and, depending on the age of your son, worth seeing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT