ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone live in Preston County?

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
Looking for some information. Thinking about a place to move to in a few years. Seen property in Terra Alta at Alpine Lake and a few others. Let me know what you think of it. Thanks.

Looking for some information. Thinking about a place to move to in a few years. Seen property in Terra Alta at Alpine Lake and a few others. Let me know what you think of it. Thanks.
I have 600 acres not far from Terra Alta. Its a totally beautiful area. Alpine lake has developed a lot of houses over the years, but its a little far from things so it never blew up like they hoped. If you want quiet, good scenery and dont mind having to drive a ways for shopping, then its good to go.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I have 600 acres not far from Terra Alta. Its a totally beautiful area. Alpine lake has developed a lot of houses over the years, but its a little far from things so it never blew up like they hoped. If you want quiet, good scenery and dont mind having to drive a ways for shopping, then its good to go.
Approximately how far from Morgantown?

You get 20" easily in one night, many times a winter in Preston county. My grandma lived in Bruceton Mills and I spent a lot of time there with more family in Hazelton. One of the reasons I moved to Atlanta after graduation.

I remember having to drive Route 7 to and from Morgantown through Terra Alta and Kingwood before I-68 was finished. It was never fun in the winter.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
600 acres! Oh the beauty of a private shooting range!!! I would be in "almost heaven." My envy envelops me.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Just as a heads-up...my Mom inherited a Lot at Alpine Lake that she's held for years. She's been considering selling it, so let me know if you're at all interested and I can send you the details.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT