ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kendal Briles to FAU as OC

3xWVUenginEER

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2005
Just saw this reported on espn.

2 thoughts:

Lane Kiffin is supposed to be this great play caller and offensive coordinator (not imo, but others think so), but he hires another OC, who like Kiffin a few years back is a good name to hire (based on the on field success of the father). Only at the G5 school level can this work, and with these 2 it's debateable.

It obvious Kiffin will do whatever he has to to try and generate buzz and bring attention to FAU, whether good or bad. I'm basing that on some questionable character recruits and now coaching hires.

I still think Butch Davis at FIU will have an undefeated season (in conference, idk about ooc) within 2 seasons. Best coach in that conference and they'll let him cheat like he always has there. Judging by their record, they'll probably encourage him to do so.

Just saw this reported on espn.

2 thoughts:

Lane Kiffin is supposed to be this great play caller and offensive coordinator (not imo, but others think so), but he hires another OC, who like Kiffin a few years back is a good name to hire (based on the on field success of the father). Only at the G5 school level can this work, and with these 2 it's debateable.

It obvious Kiffin will do whatever he has to to try and generate buzz and bring attention to FAU, whether good or bad. I'm basing that on some questionable character recruits and now coaching hires.

I still think Butch Davis at FIU will have an undefeated season (in conference, idk about ooc) within 2 seasons. Best coach in that conference and they'll let him cheat like he always has there. Judging by their record, they'll probably encourage him to do so.

For years, those living in South Florida refer to FAU as "Find Another University". It's a third/fourth chance for Kiffin and Daddy Briles has crapped all over his family's name. At best, this opportunity is equivalent to coaching purgatory.

For years, those living in South Florida refer to FAU as "Find Another University". It's a third/fourth chance for Kiffin and Daddy Briles has crapped all over his family's name. At best, this opportunity is equivalent to coaching purgatory.

You think SoFla recruits care about a coaches character??

What're they in, CUSA? He will have his pick of anyone looking to play from that level and the questionable characters/over signing casualties that shake out from the SEC and ACC. FAU wins the G5 auto bid within 3 years and Kiffin parlays it into an SEC job

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT