ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Goodell Supports Oppressed Millionaire Kneelers

Goodell is doing what the owners tell him to do. I suspect the NBA will soon allow the same bullshit.

Goodell is doing what the owners tell him to do. I suspect the NBA will soon allow the same bullshit.

The NFL has displaced baseball as America's pastime. I'm not so sure that it can allow itself to become the home of anti-American expression.

If this thing starts to mushroom, they will rue the day they didn't try and create a uniform respect for behavior during the National anthem.

The NFL has displaced baseball as America's pastime. I'm not so sure that it can allow itself to become the home of anti-American expression.

If this thing starts to mushroom, they will rue the day they didn't try and create a uniform respect for behavior during the National anthem.
A High School team in Gaithersburg did the protest Friday.

Protesting in public (even for a cause I disagree with...in a manner I find revolting) is pretty much one of the things that makes the United States the greatest country in the world.

Sure, they should remember endless number of people/soldiers died so they had that right....we should also remember that endless number of people/soldiers died so they had that right.

NFL may be setting some things in motion they regret... Thoughts?
I'm so over all those self righteous people . I wonder how many of those guys/gals actually go out and vote ? How many of them have gone to the leaders in the town they live in and ask questions or offer solutions ?

The media just feeds the beast SMH......

Protesting in public (even for a cause I disagree with...in a manner I find revolting) is pretty much one of the things that makes the United States the greatest country in the world.

Sure, they should remember endless number of people/soldiers died so they had that right....we should also remember that endless number of people/soldiers died so they had that right.

They are free to express themselves. Agreed.

The NFL is free to mandate certain behaviors and force adherence to its policies for those wishing to cash their paychecks.

Finally, American consumers will tolerate only so much of this bullshit before deciding it no longer wants to fund the ignorant pieces of human flesh that want to bemoan America's way of life.

They have deluded themselves into thinking they can create a change they perceive by dividing and alienating those they wish to supposedly influence.

Reactions: wvu_debo
They are free to express themselves. Agreed.

The NFL is free to mandate certain behaviors and force adherence to its policies for those wishing to cash their paychecks.

Finally, American consumers will tolerate only so much of this bullshit before deciding it no longer wants to fund the ignorant pieces of human flesh that want to bemoan America's way of life.

They have deluded themselves into thinking they can create a change they perceive by dividing and alienating those they wish to supposedly influence.

I agree that boycotting either the team or the NFL is the most reasonable action fans can take....while starting a petition (several websites available ) might be a great idea. Judging by attendence I doubt their pocketbook has even been dented. Matter of fact...the original person to protest in such a manner has seen sales of his jersey soar.

But yet he wouldn't allow the Cowboys to wear a small sticker on the back of their helmets supporting the Dallas police. What a friggin' joke the NFL has become under Goodell's guidance.
It's the owners who are making the call. Goodell doesn't have the stones to disagree.

But yet he wouldn't allow the Cowboys to wear a small sticker on the back of their helmets supporting the Dallas police. What a friggin' joke the NFL has become under Goodell's guidance.
Exactly they allow the protest they agree with it is the new Anerican way. The ones they don't agree with are outlawed and declared unacceptable.

I wish these assholes would just be honest. All we hear from these idiots is: "I love this Country", "I love America", I love our Military", " I mean no disrespect" and on and on. The truth is they HATE this country.

I have already joined a couple fantasy leagues and pickem leagues at my job. I am set back a couple hundred bucks. I am going to just guess my lineups and picks without watching any games because I am a man of my word and won't just give up or not pay.

Next year, I am done completely with the NFL. I just won't be physically watching it or going to any games this year.

If this disease spreads to WVU, I hope somebody nips it in the butt. Soldiers may have fought for their right to protest, but that doesn't include using the national anthem to draw attention to yourself. That is a time for silence and respect.

Reactions: stevek01

Agree

Reactions: popmurtha
You are correct, he wouldn't because that is a clear violation of an NFL rule. However, he might endorse players coming on to the field carrying a flag with a state trooper logo like this

images

Just a thought.

Typical liberal response when it comes to someone hating on America.
It is allowed by the owners. They are at work and like everyone should be required to act professionally. If they don't they should be fined. Most jobs would not allow protest especially with clients us watching.

You don't have free speech at work. The NBA says players need to stand. The NFL says it's ok to sit. The NFL has opened a big can of worms.

Reactions: DocEER and wvpack
And for the the public for expressing theirs.

No one said that the public couldn't express their opinion. However, why must we assume that these individuals are less American because they do not support your narrow view of what makes someone an "American." If they want to sit down for the national anthem, why can't we just acknowledge their right to free speech. We acknowledge the free speech of those who want to stand for the national anthem...and they do not need to face economic consequences. The fact that so many want to strip athletes of their livelihoods for merely exercising their constitutional rights is disconcerting.

Additionally, why must we assume that the high school football players in Gaithersburg don't completely understand the gravity of their protest? Maybe they completely understand what they are doing and have a differing opinion (relative to your own).

It is allowed by the owners. They are at work and like everyone should be required to act professionally. If they don't they should be fined. Most jobs would not allow protest especially with clients us watching.

Yea... ...I'm sure the union wouldn't get involved. .....and by the way unions are also a (at least originally) a very American concept.

America is a rough place. I wonder why all the rich protesters are black? Or have some players of other races joined the protest? I don't care at all because I think it is a bunch of no names seeking attention so I don't really keep up with it.

He can protest all he wants but I've yet to hear him express any support or remorse for the cops who were murdered in reprisal for the killings of those several black men.

There are ways to protest. When you are allegedly trying to bring awareness to a situation to make it better it's not in the best interest of that movement to piss off a large majority of the country. Kaepernick and the few other guys are hurting their cause.

There are ways to protest. When you are allegedly trying to bring awareness to a situation to make it better it's not in the best interest of that movement to piss off a large majority of the country. Kaepernick and the few other guys are hurting their cause.

The sit-ins in the south during the civil rights movement pissed off a majority of the country. Sometimes the majority is wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT