ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar

He's got a nagging injury. He did score 29 and had something like 22 rebounds in their most recent intrasquad scrimmage, so no doubt he will be starting when the season kicks off.

Who? I checked the roster. I didn't see anyone by that name. To what WVU player are you referring?
The one that got mad because he was playing 17 minutes a game and only scoring 10 points at WVU and transferred. Irony?

He's got a nagging injury. He did score 29 and had something like 22 rebounds in their most recent intrasquad scrimmage, so no doubt he will be starting when the season kicks off.
Nagging injury? Hmmm.....so it wasn't an injury in the intrasquad, but was in the exhibition couple days later? Sure thing.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Got to give Calipari credit. Oscar left WVU bc he didnt want to be a just a rebounder and defender. Now, Calapari has him convinced that role is his best second level chance

The one that got mad because he was playing 17 minutes a game and only scoring 10 points at WVU and transferred. Irony?

He‘s a good player and would make WVU better this year if he was still at WVU. I trust Hugs but that doesn’t mean Oscar won’t be missed.

Got to give Calipari credit. Oscar left WVU bc he didnt want to be a just a rebounder and defender. Now, Calapari has him convinced that role is his best second level chance

SO MANY PLAYERS FIND OUT THAT THEIR PLAYING TIME IS LESS THAN THEY WANT BECAUSE THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH AT THEIR OLD SCHOOL OR THEIR NEW TRANSFER SCHOOL. GRASS IS NOT THE ONLY THING THAT IS NOT AS GREEN AS IT LOOKED FROM THE DISTANCE.

Last edited:
Didn't start in UK exhibition. Played 17 minutes. Scored 11 points. Interesting.

No matter what happens it won't change the fact that he became a lazy prima donna after his first year at WVU and was a detriment to the team by his own voluntary actions. So good for him if he has a successful career at Kentucky, but all of his "problems" at WVU were self inflicted.

Reactions: Euell and WVUALLEN
That is complete BS comment on your part due to hatred for Bob Huggins. Calipari is a crooked coach that was busted every place he coached until now because UK is allowed to freely cheat. With NIL and new transfer rules it's made it that much easier for him to cheat.

Oscar got his feelings hurt because he couldn't be the superstar.

He‘s a good player and would make WVU better this year if he was still at WVU. I trust Hugs but that doesn’t mean Oscar won’t be missed.
WVU is better this year. He wasn't missed last year when he quit on his teammates midseason because nobody would stroke his ego.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
WVU is better this year. He wasn't missed last year when he quit on his teammates midseason because nobody would stroke his ego.
Better without McBride and Culver? Better than 11-7 in conference play? Nope. Better overall record? Maybe, as the OOC schedule is much easier than it was last season.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Better without McBride and Culver? Better than 11-7 in conference play? Nope. Better overall record? Maybe, as the OOC schedule is much easier than it was last season.
Only thing being missed of Culver is rebounding. McBride, you don't replace a McBride.

That is complete BS comment on your part due to hatred for Bob Huggins. Calipari is a crooked coach that was busted every place he coached until now because UK is allowed to freely cheat. With NIL and new transfer rules it's made it that much easier for him to cheat.

Oscar got his feelings hurt because he couldn't be the superstar.
My friends bucket is full. Go fish elsewhere

Only thing being missed of Culver is rebounding. McBride, you don't replace a McBride.
I know it was the best decision for him, but I really would have loved to have McBride back. Culver was a good player, but was so inconsistent on offense and all to often got stymied when the pressure was on. This is the order of importance of guys coming back from last year to me. McBride, Sherman, McNeil, Gabe, and Culver.

I know it was the best decision for him, but I really would have loved to have McBride back. Culver was a good player, but was so inconsistent on offense and all to often got stymied when the pressure was on. This is the order of importance of guys coming back from last year to me. McBride, Sherman, McNeil, Gabe, and Culver.
I'd bet you a dollar that your head coach would strongly disagree with you here. Culver was the only WVU player who could consistently score "close," as Huggins loves to say. There is no way on Earth that McNeil is more important than Culver. Losing either McNeil or Sherman, who have similar skill sets, would have been better for the team than losing its only low-post scoring big, best rebounder, and first team all-conference performer.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Post about sports or GTFO.
Make me queenie....LMAO.

Go back to playing with your dolls and let WVU fans here talk about WVU sports.

Hey....did the suckeyes have any quarterbacks get suspended this week? LMAO.

Last edited:
Post about sports or GTFO.
Make me queenie.....so...you going to copy and paste this 200 times...that's your new gimmick isn't it twat.

Focus on the thread and quit derailing yet another thread by a Mountaineer fan.

I'd bet you a dollar that your head coach would strongly disagree with you here. Culver was the only WVU player who could consistently score "close," as Huggins loves to say. There is no way on Earth that McNeil is more important than Culver. Losing either McNeil or Sherman, who have similar skill sets, would have been better for the team than losing its only low-post scoring big, best rebounder, and first team all-conference performer.
Watched enough games last year where McNeil's shooting kept us in the game while Culver floundered. Culver withered in the big games WVU needed to win down the stretch like OSU and Syracuse. That Syracuse game was emblematic of Culver against teams with a winning record in the second half of last season. Personally I think Culver wasn't having any fun with the game anymore and the entire thing was a chore for him based upon his body language in that second half of the year. So the fact that I doubt WVU gets the Derek Culver of 2019 or the first half of 2020 this season had he stayed does affect my decision making here.

My disagreement with you regarding exactly how good Culver was aside, and make no mistake in that I am implying Culver isn't good, the other factor in the decision making is within the context of what is already on the roster. Cottrell, Bridges, Gabe, and Carrigan are all on the roster and while none of these individual players are Culver, they have strengths and skills that can mitigate losing Culver. There are also Paulicap, Okonkwo, and N'Diaye as 6'8-6'10 big men on the roster. Curry (Sr.), Sherman (Sr.), K. Johnson (Sr.), K Johnson (Fr), Wilson (Fr) are the only other guards outside of McNeil and its arguable that none other than Taz is a reliable threat beyond the arc. Honestly the 2 freshmen are unknown quantities and from what I've seen of Kedrian Johnson, I'm not sure he can be a reliable double digit scorer. Curry, Sherman, and McNeil are the only guards that provide both leadership and quality production on the offensive side of the ball. So while Culver may appear to be the better player than McNeil when comparing the 2 in a vacuum, what they bring to the table in context of the current team is why I pick McNeil above Culver. Just seems there are more players on the roster capable of replicating or at least compensating for Culver's production than McNeil's.

I look at Gabe in the same context of the team needs. He played defense an did the dirty work Culver couldn't do. While Culver could score in the post and its yet to be seen if Cottrell can, Cottrell can score more reliably than Culver in every other way as can Bridges. So while scoring in the post is lacking without Culver, WVU has other big men than can score in a more versatile set of ways. On the other hand Bridges definitely can't, and none of the other big men have proven to be capable of, providing the defense that Gabe does. So that is why, by the narrowest of margins, I have Gabe above Culver.

He's gonna Flourish at UK and the Huggins Huggers are gonna do their best to spin it away while we flame out in the 2nd round again.

Even if he does, it wasn't Huggins fault he showed up out of shape and played like he was just going through the motions in 2020. He chose to act like a prima donna after his great freshman year and just letting him slide would've just been more of the same had he stayed here. If he does flourish it'll just show he's a weak child that was too prideful to take the deserved admonishing and start working hard. Instead he chose to go somewhere else and start actually trying. So screw him because he will only be successful if he starts actually working hard which he didn't do at WVU in 2020 and ran away like a punk when someone told him that truth.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT