ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Official Game Thread -- WVU vs Arizona State -- Cactus Bowl

So, they have a great FG kicker, so we pooch kick it and they have it on the 40 yard line? Excellent decision.

Reactions: GoWVU
Holgorsen flat out sucks. The result of this game one way or the other does not change that fact. I hope we win, but good God can the DH lovers get over this guy please? He is a below average play caller, decent recruiter, good developer of QBs even though he has yet to recruit an NFL talent, overall subpar. Onto the next guy even if that's next offseason.
Look, i have not been a Holgorsen fan but tonight is not one of thos nights we should be bashing the man. He had the team prepared to play and we won. Leave the agendas alone tonight.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Look, i have not been a Holgorsen fan but tonight is not one of thos nights we should be bashing the man. He had the team prepared to play and we won. Leave the agendas alone tonight.

He sucks. I don't care about beating 6-6 ASU teams at 2:30 AM in a 4th tier bowl game. He sucks. Congrats to the seniors.

That was a strange game. I thought the play calling was bizzarre but they pulled it out. Howard was pretty amazing. The deep ball was good to us tonight. That was the worst team of officials I think we have ever faced. 20 minutes from ASU campus? No wonder they had some fans there.

He sucks. I don't care about beating 6-6 ASU teams at 2:30 AM in a 4th tier bowl game. He sucks. Congrats to the seniors.

I'm not trying to sound like a Debby-Downer, but I agree to an extent. Hopefully nobody tries to pump up this victory over a 6-7 PAC 12 team as a "pinnacle" and "statement" victory for the program.

It was a great game, great win, and I'm happy.

Reactions: GoWVU and xWVU2010x
That was a strange game. I thought the play calling was bizzarre but they pulled it out. Howard was pretty amazing. The deep ball was good to us tonight. That was the worst team of officials I think we have ever faced. 20 minutes from ASU campus? No wonder they had some fans there.
Agree about officiating. Terrible.

Just going to be happy we won! Weird game, my nerves are frayed, but happy we won. Not a big Holgorsen fan, but hopefully this helps for next season.

I'm not trying to sound like a Debby-Downer, but I agree to an extent. Hopefully nobody tries to pump up this victory over a 6-7 PAC 12 team as a "pinnacle" and "statement" victory for the program.

Was it a "statement victory," of course not, but it was a bowl victory. Any WVU fans should be cebrating the victory. This game will not decide anything about Hogorsen's future. It was just a good night to be a Mountaineer, nothing more, nothing less.

Was it a "statement victory," of course not, but it was a bowl victory. Any WVU fans should be cebrating the victory. This game will not decide anything about Hogorsen's future. It was just a good night to be a Mountaineer, nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed.

Agreed. This game was ultimately entertaining and fun, but anyone trying to spin it as anything other than a tight win over an Old Big East caliber team like Rutgers UConn or Syracuse is off their rocker.

DH owes us a 10 win season before I lay off. It's been long enough, we want the next step.

Worth losing a night's sleep....Still not sold on DH, but I'm a WVU grad and Fan.....I'd be Very Miserable if I said i didn't enjoy that and basketball. I may sound hypocritical, but I really hope DH prioves me and some others Wrong. I am no expert just a Fan of WVU....and wish I lived in West Virginia....My Real Home.

Worth losing a night's sleep....Still not sold on DH, but I'm a WVU grad and Fan.....I'd be Very Miserable if I said i didn't enjoy that and basketball. I may sound hypocritical, but I really hope DH prioves me and some others Wrong. I am no expert just a Fan of WVU....and wish I lived in West Virginia....My Real Home.

That's pretty much how I feel. I really, REALLY, hope that Holgorsen proves me wrong and rubs my nose in it that I don't believe he can get us to that next level. Because if he does prove me wrong, then WVU is very successful and everyone is happy, including myself. I'm happy about last night's win, but I'm not ready to jump on board the Holgorsen fan club bandwagon after defeating a 6-6 team with one of the worst defenses in CFB. Hey, win 8 regular season games next year, and 5 league games, and I'll start preparing for the jump on board.....[thumbsup]

I am a fan of WVU and the State of West Virginia. That is permanent. Coaches are ephemeral. I'm sort of in the "King is dead, long live the King" camp.

This is the story of Johnny Rotten....better to burn out then it is to rust....hey hey....my my....
I am a WVU fan and alumnus...1982. When I was a freshman we had frank Cignitti as Coach....We Sucked. We cared about not having a good coach....and we welcomed Don Nehlen. When I was a senior we went to the Peach Bowl. The coaching did matter. I Love WVU...but Coaches make a difference between wins and losses. I'm ready to wait and see again with DH though....one more season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT