ADVERTISEMENT

Off-topic. Or maybe not.

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
I'm sitting in a barber chair in The Villages, Florida when the barber and a customer are quarreling at each other or the haircut the barber gave the customer.
I had had enough.
I said, "Look, cut out the crap and give me a haircut."
My haircut was finished in silence.
When I got out of the chair to pay, the customer said, "I want to pay for this man's haircut. Thank you."
My reply: "Mountaineers don't take crap."
And I paid for my own haircut, but I appreciated the gesture.
For those who don't know, The Villages has a population of 120,000 --- ALL senior citizens -- and is not incorporated and spreads across three Florida counties.
If you own a home, the golf is free, the swimming is free, the nightly entertainment and dancing in four town squares is free.
So is the entertainment of old coots snarling at each other. Two days earlier two drivers got into a shouting match in the Publix supermarket parking lot. I was just an observer that time. I pick by calming-downs carefully.

You are old enough to remember Albert Anastasia, next time I'd just keep my mouth shut...

103592.jpg

I'm sitting in a barber chair in The Villages, Florida when the barber and a customer are quarreling at each other or the haircut the barber gave the customer.
I had had enough.
When I got out of the chair to pay, the customer said, "I want to pay for this man's haircut. Thank you."
For those who don't know, The Villages has a population of 120,000 --- ALL senior citizens -- and is not incorporated and spreads across three Florida counties.
If you own a home, the golf is free, the swimming is free, the nightly entertainment and dancing in four town squares is free.
So is the entertainment of old coots snarling at each other. Two days earlier two drivers got into a shouting match in the Publix supermarket parking lot. I was just an observer that time. I pick by calming-downs carefully.
My wife and I stopped by there in November on our way to Orlando for the bb tourney. I'd heard and read a lot about it the last few years. We had a brief chat/meeting with a representative/salesperson. We are still in the, "we don't know if we want to leave our WV home" mode. Our one and only child, our son and grandson, lives in Savannah, GA. So, how long have you been there C.Falls? No regrets? I met you once several years ago at the Charleston area fan club meeting in Hardings Restaurant, in the restroom. LOL.

My wife and I stopped by there in November on our way to Orlando for the bb tourney. I'd heard and read a lot about it the last few years. We had a brief chat/meeting with a representative/salesperson. We are still in the, "we don't know if we want to leave our WV home" mode. Our one and only child, our son and grandson, lives in Savannah, GA. So, how long have you been there C.Falls? No regrets? I met you once several years ago at the Charleston area fan club meeting in Hardings Restaurant, in the restroom. LOL.
Do what we do. Home in The Villages and a home in Ohio. Cold in Ohio, we head for Florida (but NOT during football season because I've had season tickets to Mountaineer Field for 20 years). On the way down in January, the 4-inch snowstorm in South Carolina forced us to spend an extra night of lodging in Savannah. I-95 was a parking lot. I LOVE The Villages! I play golf 5 days a week FREE (with home ownership). Swim free. Live music and dancing outdoors every night. If you want to be a hermit, The Villages is not for you. If you want every day to be funday, The Villages is the best place in America to live. And one family controls homes in 3 countries for 120,000 senior citizens. No political crap because it is NOT incorporated. Roundabouts instead of traffic lights once you're off U.S. and Florida highways so there's no waiting idling your car while there's no traffic coming in the other direction. 47 golf courses, tons of swimming pools. Rec centers with multiple rooms that hold up to 300 people in each room. 2,200 clubs, including a West Virginia Club, three Ohio clubs. The motto is: If you're not having fun, it's because you don't want to have fun. One caveat: It's also #1 per capita in America for sexual diseases. This is a seniors community that really knows how to have fun.

I had had enough.
Guy was probably a member of the pretzel committee.

Come football season, I'll resume that tilting at the windmills of injustice. For now, I'll just quiet the barber shop ruffians.

I recently moved from that area, had an apartment in Lady Lake which is as close as you can get if your not a senior citizen. I worked for SECO (local power company) as a contractor and really loved it except the lack of mountains, snow and terrible drivers. Seriously though I did like it and the whole surrounding area, its really growing at a crazy rate.

As in College Football Pretzel Committee? Which loves TOFU for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Those who have been paying attention will get it.
Your creepy obsession with The Ohio State University continues, notwithstanding the fact that Alabama, a non-conference champion, was picked instead of Ohio State to play in January's Playoffs. Of course, you have been exposed to be a total hypocrite because you celebrated Alabama's invitation, after having thrown tantrum after tantrum over non-conference champion Ohio State's invitation after the 2016 season. Just stay in Florida year-round, as nobody in Ohio would ever miss you. LOL

Reactions: Rootmaster
I recently moved from that area, had an apartment in Lady Lake which is as close as you can get if your not a senior citizen. I worked for SECO (local power company) as a contractor and really loved it except the lack of mountains, snow and terrible drivers. Seriously though I did like it and the whole surrounding area, its really growing at a crazy rate.
I know what you mean about the drivers. I assume they won't stop for a stop sign, won't stay in their lane, might stop for a green light. When you have 120,000 senior citizens you are bound to have a few who are minus a few marbles. But the shouting matches are entertaining.

Ohio State has a great football and basketball program right now
WVU has a better basketball team. I know TOFU is ranked higher, but playing in the Big 10 instead of the Big 12 is worth at least 5 extra W's and therefore 5 fewer L's. If they meet in March Madness, you'll see. You WILL be rooting for WVU to win if they meet, right? I sure will. I'll be screaming like a brat.

I'll be screaming like a brat

I thought so. By the way you make it sound like the Villages is one big 120,000 senior community. It isn't. It is scattered in several communities. For someone who claims to be a senior you have a lot to say about seniors dude. Live in one myself and don't have the drama you claim is rampant...but then again you don't live, or report to live, in my community...thank goodness! But keep screaming with a bold red type face so you can get some attention. lol

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Agree CFE Osu isn’t much of a concern if huggy bear meets up with them. Gonzaga or Xavier is a different story, but not the bucknuts.
WVU has a better basketball team. I know TOFU is ranked higher, but playing in the Big 10 instead of the Big 12 is worth at least 5 extra W's and therefore 5 fewer L's. If they meet in March Madness, you'll see. You WILL be rooting for WVU to win if they meet, right? I sure will. I'll be screaming like a brat.

I thought so. By the way you make it sound like the Villages is one big 120,000 senior community. It isn't. It is scattered in several communities. For someone who claims to be a senior you have a lot to say about seniors dude. Live in one myself and don't have the drama you claim is rampant...but then again you don't live, or report to live, in my community...thank goodness! But keep screaming with a bold red type face so you can get some attention. lol
My wife's older brother lives there. While the executive courses are free(9 hole) there's a fee to play the handful of 18 hole courses and he does own a home.

My dad lives down there....smaller development called Del Boca Vista.

We've had some problems. I bought him and his friends a Wizard, but it miscalculated tips and pissed everyone off...then I bought him a new Cadillac as a surprise and his neighbor drove it into a pond.

Don't even get me started about the raincoats.

This may come as a shock.... but the paid sports expert and his claim of “5 wins at least” is complete “old man bias” stupidity

Ohio State has a tougher strength of schedule than WVU CURRENLTY

http://www.espn.com/mens- college-basketball/rpi/_/sort/sos
Not in my book. And I'm the paid sports expert, as you do accurately and reverently point out. If my alma mater plays the way it did in the 27-7 game-opening run there isn't a team in the country that will beat them. Only WVU can beat WVU. And WVU has a far better coach than TOFU and nearly all the rest of the country.

Your book is fictional, CFE. Chris Holtmann's story is only a few chapters old, and it is way too early to determine whether he is far less of a coach than Huggins or anybody else at this point. Having stated this, Holtmann was just named B1G Coach of the Year, and will receive numerous votes for National Coach of the Year, so your timing is impeccable, as usual.

Being Coach of the Year in the Big 10 is equivalent to finishing 9th in the Big 12, the most balanced conference in America according to every impartial observer.

Texas Tech beat Northwestern

Baylor beat Wisconsin

Oklahoma State beat Pitt

Iowa State beat Iowa

West Virginia beat Pitt

Kansas beat Nebraska

Oklahoma beat Northwestern

TOFU is a perfect name for a team in the namby-pamby Big 10.

Last edited:
Fans of the SEC, a football conference, are laughing at you, CFE, as the SEC beat the overrated Big 12 in this season's conference challenge. The Big 12 is Kansas, then everybody else, as it has been for 14 years running. Next!

My dad lives down there....smaller development called Del Boca Vista.

We've had some problems. I bought him and his friends a Wizard, but it miscalculated tips and pissed everyone off...then I bought him a new Cadillac as a surprise and his neighbor drove it into a pond.

Don't even get me started about the raincoats.
I've been there and I have never seen so many golf carts in my life. They go everywhere in them..the Wal-mart is full of golf carts. they have a golf cart drive in theatre night. have an organization for just about anything.. a poker club, a fishing club, domino club, knitting club, bridge club..it just goes forever..My bro-in-law is a retired deputy and is in a law enforcement group there..he turns 67 this year and can still bench 300 lbs.he always worked out..

This may come as a shock.... but the paid sports expert and his claim of “5 wins at least” is complete “old man bias” stupidity

Ohio State has a tougher strength of schedule than WVU CURRENLTY

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/sort/sos

Texas Tech beat Northwestern

Baylor beat Wisconsin

Oklahoma State beat Pitt

West Virginia beat Missouri

Iowa State beat Iowa

West Virginia beat Pitt

Kansas beat Nebraska

Oklahoma beat Northwestern

Big 10 wussies!!!!

I didn’t read that