ADVERTISEMENT

Notwithstanding the......

gcb

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
WVU-MU series record, Marshall has an all-time losing record against 1a competition.

That is all.

WVU-MU series record, Marshall has an all-time losing record against 1a competition.

That is all.

Against current P5 competition, wvu is 56 games under .500.

Clearly, they aren't a peer athletic program with those schools. They do better against FCS conferences, right?

They are 1-8 against Ivy League schools. They are 11-20 against schools from the Pioneer Conference.

That is all, moron.

Reactions: mlblack16
Now don't pick on wvu, they have been very good at beating teams significantly below them from a resource perspective. They've only had difficulties against those teams that are in anyway close to them in facilities and resources.

With that said, wow, 56 games under .500 against other current P5 teams? That's really bad.

Man, you're right. I just looked it up and they have a losing record against every single P5 conference. ACC? Check. Big 10? Check. Big 12? Check. SEC? Check. PAC 12? Check. Wonder how many P5 teams can check all 5 of those boxes? Probably pretty select company. Makes you wonder how a "top 15 in all time wins" team accomplishes that when they have a losing record against every single P5 conference.

Here's a cool fact. wvu is 14th in all time wins, but 168 of those wins are against Division II and Division III teams. Clemson is 20th in all time wins, 23 wins behind wvu, but they only have 9 wins against non Division I opponents. So they actually have 135 more wins than wvu against Division I teams.

VT is 15th in all time wins, but has 90 more wins against Division I teams.

Texas A& M is 16th in all time wins, but has 102 less wins against lower division opponents. That means they have 94 more wins against Division I opponents than wvu.

This is very enlightening, I'm glad this thread was started. I wonder just how low wvu is on the list of all time Division I wins? I doubt they are in the top 35.

you are a ****ing idiot...

look at our schedule the first 25 years... of course there aren't many current P5s on it...

except maybe ... in 1897...Sat Nov 6 vs Ohio State 24-0 W

in 1905 we played two current P5s
in 1906...Pitt & St Penn...
you couldn't just get on a plane or jump on the interstate you ****ing idiot...

baka

Last edited:
Reactions: 30CAT
Task, tsk, banker and Y.A.G. you guys didn't let old, decrepit WVu82 have his moment.

He and the like LOVE to pound their chests about the 14th in all wins thingy, regardless if half are against high schools and the Mahoning cycle club.

Task, tsk, banker and Y.A.G. you guys didn't let old, decrepit WVu82 have his moment.

He and the like LOVE to pound their chests about the 14th in all wins thingy, regardless if half are against high schools and the Mahoning cycle club.

The thought that bringing up WVU's all-time record against so-called P5 teams some how eases the WVU-MU debate strikes me as a little disingenuous.

But reflecting on that........does our record against PSU or LSU or OSU mitigate your 0-12 record against us? How so?

After all the debate is about MU-WVU isn't it? And there really is no debate now is there?

Remember, you should aspire to be as good as us.

The thought that bringing up WVU's all-time record against so-called P5 teams some how eases the WVU-MU debate strikes me as a little disingenuous.

But reflecting on that........does our record against PSU or LSU or OSU mitigate your 0-12 record against us? How so?

After all the debate is about MU-WVU isn't it? And there really is no debate now is there?

Remember, you should aspire to be as good as us.

Apparently you're incapable of keeping track of the threads you start.

Part of your OP dealt with the series, but the second half was something altogether different and is being discussed ITT

Remember this part, dipshit?

Marshall has an all-time losing record against 1a competition.

That is all.

Yeah, wvu fans don't like looking at where they really stand in the college football landscape. That's why they spend their time focused on comparing themselves to a team that played small college and I-AA football for most of its existence. They want to make fun of our record against 1-A ignoring that we were playing "up" in competition while they built their beloved win total by playing "down" in competition.

It will be fun watching over the next 10 years as wvu slides backwards on that all time win list. There's no one above them that they have a chance of passing so they are essentially sitting at the high point of their program, this is as good as it gets. Depending on if they only average 5 wins a year, or can maybe get that to 7, is the only thing that will slow their fall. VT and Texas A&M should pass them in the next few years.

Against current P5 competition, wvu is 56 games under .500.

Clearly, they aren't a peer athletic program with those schools. They do better against FCS conferences, right?

They are 1-8 against Ivy League schools. They are 11-20 against schools from the Pioneer Conference.

That is all, moron.

Yet 12-0 against Marshall.

Lord knows that's ALL you care about.

Nah....Needs to be pointed out, each time you and your ilk try to belittle WVU.

I mean, if WVU is so low and just a nothing, to you all, then what's that say about Marshall, considering Marshall is winless against WVU?

Anyway, a needed reminder, from what you all say.

Apparently you're incapable of keeping track of the threads you start.

Part of your OP dealt with the series, but the second half was something altogether different and is being discussed ITT

Remember this part, dipshit?

Ultimately though, it still comes down to us versus you.

We think we can win that debate don't you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT