ADVERTISEMENT

No truer words were ever spoken then

No, it just takes time.

Name one country where it has come to fruition. I would say the USA has come the closest. But it will never work in it's purest form anywhere, never has never will.

It has worked in the U.S. though it's still a work in progress. It will be (has been) tried out of necessity in other countries with varying degrees of success.

Name one country where it has come to fruition. I would say the USA has come the closest. But it will never work in it's purest form anywhere, never has never will.
I would say that the melting pot worked in the US. Our culture took on good things from other cultures and became better because of it. The immigrants learned our language and culture, and integrated in society.

I don't believe the salad bowl approach is going to work nearly as well.

I would say that the melting pot worked in the US. Our culture took on good things from other cultures and became better because of it. The immigrants learned our language and culture, and integrated in society.

I don't believe the salad bowl approach is going to work nearly as well.

The melting pot approach did work for a while. However that time is long gone. Assimilation is now looked upon as an evil thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT