ADVERTISEMENT

No shame in losing BUT

WVUBuck

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
there sure is shame when you don’t show up or just lay down like some beaten mongrel dog.

Maryland 2013 game. Has the same feel.

Thank goodness for 3rd string defense.

there sure is shame when you don’t show up or just lay down like some beaten mongrel dog.

We watched different games then.

I did not watch the game I wanted to watch, because I always want to win. But, I did watch the game I needed to watch, because I want to see the team improve.

First half was a train wreck and that is expected. Anyone here who tabbed this team for 6 wins was only fooling themselves. My prediction going into the season was 3 games, I may raise that to 4 now after watching today's effort.

The second half was good. Other than the INT by Allison it was a huge adjustment by the coach and the team made that happen. They are all buying into the system and no one quit.

It was something we have not seen in years and I am very happy to see it, even if it came during a loss. I would rather see the team lean and improve than win at this stage. Winning will come later. I said in another thread that this team might not win another game this year. That is wrong, we will win more games. This team is not giving up, if it was, it would have done so at the half.

I count myself happy with the effort. The future looks good.

Reactions: Kevin Haskins
Exactly Nova. Blocking and tackling is football and no one was doing it. Call it what you want and I’ll call it as I want. Some folks on the team do not look like they want to be out there. I remember Ryan Stancheck would hit anybody even if it was on his own team. I haven’t seen that yet especially on this offensive line.

We watched different games then.

I did not watch the game I wanted to watch, because I always want to win. But, I did watch the game I needed to watch, because I want to see the team improve.

First half was a train wreck and that is expected. Anyone here who tabbed this team for 6 wins was only fooling themselves. My prediction going into the season was 3 games, I may raise that to 4 now after watching today's effort.

The second half was good. Other than the INT by Allison it was a huge adjustment by the coach and the team made that happen. They are all buying into the system and no one quit.

It was something we have not seen in years and I am very happy to see it, even if it came during a loss. I would rather see the team lean and improve than win at this stage. Winning will come later. I said in another thread that this team might not win another game this year. That is wrong, we will win more games. This team is not giving up, if it was, it would have done so at the half.

I count myself happy with the effort. The future looks good.

Wow! The last two weeks were pathetic.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
The last two weeks what people that understand college football expected. Try harder and someday you can be counted among us.

Don’t have to get personal. Stay on task. Do you think AD and Alumni thought for a second that any WVU team would get whacked by a Mizzo team that may not make a Bowl game?

Don’t have to get personal. Stay on task. Do you think AD and Alumni thought for a second that any WVU team would get whacked by a Mizzo team that may not make a Bowl game?

I think they are smart people and the understand the sport and their hire far better than you ever will. Yes, I think they well understand the state of affairs, otherwise they would not have shown the previous coach the door.

Mizzou will not make a bowl due to being on probation and a bowl ban.

Reactions: Rootmaster
The rankings people think Mizzou would be Top 15 if they could be ranked. That is based on their level of talent.

Exactly Nova. Blocking and tackling is football and no one was doing it. Call it what you want and I’ll call it as I want. Some folks on the team do not look like they want to be out there. I remember Ryan Stancheck would hit anybody even if it was on his own team. I haven’t seen that yet especially on this offensive line.

That was back when the team was tough up front and coached by GOAT Rodriguez and his staff. The OLine during those years were beasts.

But that’s not what people have been saying. Talking heads have said if they could be ranked, they would have been in the Top 15 preseason based on their talent level.

Key phrase is talking heads. It’s like talking heads building up joke Cuse. They beat no one last year. Then finish off at depleted WVU team. Look up and they’re ranked like 15th. Talking heads equal joke.

Missouri was picked 3rd in the West, that usually translates into a final ranking in the top-20

Syracuse was ranked in the top 25. They lost by a million this week. Mizzo lost to Wyoming who this week gutted out a tough game with Texas State. Let’s just move on.

That was back when the team was tough up front and coached by GOAT Rodriguez and his staff. The OLine during those years were beasts.

Actually they were smaller but faster. This allowed them move on those read option plays.

Maryland 2013 game. Has the same feel.

Thank goodness for 3rd string defense.
That’s exactly how I explained the Missouri game to a buddy of mine that couldn’t watch. I asked him if he remembered that Maryland game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT