ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD No. 20 WVU vs. No. 22 Virginia Tech

Well, tickets will be cheaper for the rest of the season on eBay and StubHub now. Bright side for non-season ticket holders.

Turning point.......my opinion.......we are driving, have a 3rd and 1 and jump offsides........Dana then goes crazy and gets a flag........and we punt........instead of a possible 1st down and TD drive in VT territory. Another key point in the game was when we scored a TD, then kick off and allow 50 yard return plus 15 yard penalty for hit out of bounds. They score on next play on TD pass.

Absolutely the turning point.

Turning point.......my opinion.......we are driving, have a 3rd and 1 and jump offsides........Dana then goes crazy and gets a flag........and we punt........instead of a possible 1st down and TD drive in VT territory. Another key point in the game was when we scored a TD, then kick off and allow 50 yard return plus 15 yard penalty for hit out of bounds. They score on next play on TD pass.

Yea but if VT's really good kicker doesn't blow two chippies we are never in the game. Can play the what if game all night, we were a decisive 7 points less than them, not really debatable.

Too frigging pass happy again. Period. Don't have the receivers to do this crap. Running back depth wasted. What the hell did they prep for?

Just call it fair for each team. I don't expect any calls as a mountie fan for 30+ years but that display by the refs tonight was a complete joke.

Refs were fair. You don't turn your head you get a PI, our D leaves DBs on an island so this will be the norm for us.

For goodness sake....officials didn't lose this game! Poor play calling and poor special team play. BTW: who is in charge of special teams this year ? Oh yea I remember...mr. discipline.

I thought they made some questionable calls at critical times against us. Maybe it's the homer goggles I had on. Once holgs got the 15 yarder I knew it was lights out against the refs.
Refs were fair. You don't turn your head you get a PI, our D leaves DBs on an island so this will be the norm for us.

I thought they made some questionable calls at critical times against us. Maybe it's the homer goggles I had on. Once holgs got the 15 yarder I knew it was lights out against the refs.

DH brought the 15 yards on himself. VT's coach got one also FWIW. If DH keeps his cool maybe we convert there but still 3rd and 11 is still a long down.

Glad we arent in the acc. We would be door mats with wake forest. Better fit for patriot league.

DH brought the 15 yards on himself. VT's coach got one also FWIW. If DH keeps his cool maybe we convert there but still 3rd and 11 is still a long down.

VT's coach got his on 1st down........Dana decided to go bonkers on 3rd down........so a 1st and 30 versus a 3rd and 26........

I lived in Clarksburg until age 10 and two of my brothers graduated from WVU. I graduated from VT. I was actually really impressed with the Mountaineers in the second half. I thought Grier was really much better and that perhaps they got a bit too pass happy, Crawford maybe could have broken a few more big runs. But I think they saw VT's defensive line unable to put pressure and unable to bring in quality back ups and thought they would get the pass plays to break their way. I really would not write this Mountaineer team off yet guys and gals. Baylor, Kansas, even Texas, perhaps TCU who played Jackson State, may be down. This team has some talent and DH has to learn that refs are gonna emphasize sideline calls. Still might be a very good year. The Hokies were awfully glad to that clock run out, I was because I bet 20 bucks on them, normally I root for WVU. I went to tons of games at the old stadium as a kid and quite a few at Milan. This WV team has promise.

Reactions: HugoStiglitz
I would look at the positive. I think Grier will play better through out the year. There were some passes during the first half that were overthrown that could have been huge gains. It looks like things will be better during the year with a little more time in the system.

Coach decisions, well I have nothing on that. Every game I have watched on TV this weekend they have stressed both the sideline and coach unsportsmanship penalties. If he gets ejected from the game it will probably calm him down. (2 gets the coach ejected.)

I know but in general it's a solid program. As good or better than WVU over the last 15-20 years.

Series is 17-17 in the last 34 games with VT winning 3 straight. Before then WVU led 11-6. This is a better rival than Pitt vs WVU. We need to play VT every year. Somebody get this done.

Series is 17-17 in the last 34 games with VT winning 3 straight. Before then WVU led 11-6. This is a better rival than Pitt vs WVU. We need to play VT every year. Somebody get this done.

I wouldn't say it's better than Pitt and WVU but it's a good game for both programs. If WVU/VTech played every year that would be great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT