ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban urges WV Sen. Joe Manchin to support Freedom to Vote Act

If Manchin didnt organize it himself, someone high up went to either Saban or West and convinced them, then they got the others on board.

That person would need to be pretty high up the food chain - like POTUS.

I don't see how anyone could support allowing NON-CITIZENS to vote.
I can honestly see a need for it in local elections. I don’t see where illegals should be allowed to vote, but I don’t have an issue, at the local level with work permit holders vote.

Wonder how many people realize Manchin's entrenchment isn't so much against the voting rights but rather eliminating the filibuster so that they can pass the voting rights act by one vote. Two different things.
I believe he has painted himself in a corner with his stance (I agree with him) on procedural issues not the bill itself.
I can honestly see a need for it in local elections. I don’t see where illegals should be allowed to vote, but I don’t have an issue, at the local level with work permit holders vote.
What part of illegal are you good with? We cant give illegals anything that makes them want to come illegally.

I believe he has painted himself in a corner with his stance (I agree with him) on procedural issues not the bill itself.

What part of illegal are you good with? We cant give illegals anything that makes them want to come illegally.
I didn’t say illegals. Illegals shouldn’t be allowed to vote for anything. I said people here on valid immigrations status. I don’t have an issue with them voting in local elections.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
I didn’t say illegals. Illegals shouldn’t be allowed to vote for anything. I said people here on valid immigrations status. I don’t have an issue with them voting in local elections.
Ideally, I think you should be a US citizen and vote. No need to keep it complicated. Apply for citizenship if you want to vote.

That is AOC level absurdity.

Letting non-citizens decide school boards, city councils, ect. Completely insane. Non-Americans electing American officials - yeah that will end well.

This country is ****ed.

That is AOC level absurdity.

Letting non-citizens decide school boards, city councils, ect. Completely insane. Non-Americans electing American officials - yeah that will end well.

This country is ****ed.
I have quite a few friends here legally, on valid work permits, their kids are in schools, they use all the local services, they’re college educated, working 6 figure jobs, they’re tax payers in every sense. Most of them are in the process of becoming citizens, and all of them will be Republicans and those who live in areas where they can vote locally, pretty reliably vote Republican. Most of them left countries where this stupid shit from the left is in the process of or has ruined their countries.

I see the counter argument as well. This just isn’t a hill to die on, for me, personally.

Illegals, as I’m concerned should be deported.

These are the people who cant figure out what happened on Jan 6.
Talk about blind. I dont advocate what happened in any way shape or form.
But it happened because of the Perception of a rigged election.
They know EXACTLY what happened J6.

To be honest, as nefarious as this bill would be it won’t pass the smell test by the Supreme Court. It’s almost as blatant as a nationwide vax mandate and it will be nullified very quickly and will only red pill the country even more than ever.

Hey Unc'a Nick!

The moment you agree to COME HOME and coach YOUR STATE'S University, then we can talk,[banana]
With the ideas expressed in his LETTER. I don't want him returning to the State even if it were to simply vote his, apparent, liberal agenda.I cannot reacall has doing much of anything that benefits his HOME State nor its University. So , why are we so interested in what he scrolls into a piece of paper and gets a few others to sign onto it?

I have been meaning to hit your site once I saw that Saban was such a person who would vote for a paper bad with a "D" on the side of it and that he was from WV. Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder rather than talk and remove all doubt that you are a moron!

Anyway ..... can't wait to play the Mounties!

I have quite a few friends here legally, on valid work permits, their kids are in schools, they use all the local services, they’re college educated, working 6 figure jobs, they’re tax payers in every sense. Most of them are in the process of becoming citizens, and all of them will be Republicans and those who live in areas where they can vote locally, pretty reliably vote Republican. Most of them left countries where this stupid shit from the left is in the process of or has ruined their countries.

I see the counter argument as well. This just isn’t a hill to die on, for me, personally.

Illegals, as I’m concerned should be deported.

None of that matters, at all...

You want foreign citizens to vote and elect US officials. This country is totally ****ed, time to just sell it to China and give it up...

****ing AOC wannabe...

Misread that then ..

He wants people from other countries who arent US citizens to vote and elect American leaders...gee, that's really smart.

That's ULTRA-LEFT WING craziness.

Who needs enemies with friends like that..

Last edited:
What did I say that was wrong..?

You said that you want foreign citizens voting in US elections.
I didn’t say that I want it. I said I see the argument for it and provided rationale as to why. People here legally and working towards legal citizenship, paying taxes, and being productive members of our society. Them not being allowed to vote is fine with me as well. I think they contribute more to the betterment of our country than a holler full of pillbillies.

I didn’t say that I want it. I said I see the argument for it and provided rationale as to why. People here legally and working towards legal citizenship, paying taxes, and being productive members of our society. Them not being allowed to vote is fine with me as well. I think they contribute more to the betterment of our country than a holler full of pillbillies.
IMO, they enjoy enough personal freedoms and rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and we don't need to add voting to that.

I'd go one step further. If you are dual citizen, you should not be allowed to vote in any election in the US. Talk about a conflict of interest.....

IMO, they enjoy enough personal freedoms and rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and we don't need to add voting to that.

I'd go one step further. If you are dual citizen, you should not be allowed to vote in any election in the US. Talk about a conflict of interest.....
Fair enough, again, it’s not a hill I’m prepared to die on. I can see the conflict of interest in dual citizenship argument. I can make an argument defending it, just for sake of message board discussion and debate, but it’s just not something I care enough about to actually lobby for. Far far more pressing issues for me to focus on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT