ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Justice stands well ahead of Sen. Joe Manchin, in the race to represent the state in the U.S. Senate

WVU82

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001

West Virginia Republican Gov. Jim Justice stands well ahead of Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., in the race to represent the state in the U.S. Senate, according to a recent survey.

The governor outpaced the incumbent senator 13% in the latest Emerson College survey, with 41% of voters backing Justice and 28% supporting Manchin. The Democratic senator has not announced his reelection plans.

Justice, meanwhile, faces a primary challenger in the form of Rep. Alex Mooney, R-W.Va., whom Manchin beat 37% to 31% in a head to head matchup. Explaining Manchin's stronger performance against Mooney seem to be split attitudes among independents on the Republican candidates.

"ndependents are breaking for Justice, 43% to 18%; however, in the matchup with Mooney, independents are split 32% to 32%," said Emerson College Polling Executive Director Spencer Kimball.

West Virginia Republican Gov. Jim Justice stands well ahead of Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., in the race to represent the state in the U.S. Senate, according to a recent survey.

The governor outpaced the incumbent senator 13% in the latest Emerson College survey, with 41% of voters backing Justice and 28% supporting Manchin. The Democratic senator has not announced his reelection plans.

Justice, meanwhile, faces a primary challenger in the form of Rep. Alex Mooney, R-W.Va., whom Manchin beat 37% to 31% in a head to head matchup. Explaining Manchin's stronger performance against Mooney seem to be split attitudes among independents on the Republican candidates.

"ndependents are breaking for Justice, 43% to 18%; however, in the matchup with Mooney, independents are split 32% to 32%," said Emerson College Polling Executive Director Spencer Kimball.
Not a Jim Justice fan but will vote for him over Manchin. I'm leaning towards Mooney in the primary.
I voted for Mooney over McKinley. Not that I'm a big Mooney fan just right now I believe he is more aligned with my way of thinking. So far I can agree with most of his votes I've been able to track .

Reactions: Hillbilly Tea
Not a Jim Justice fan but will vote for him over Manchin. I'm leaning towards Mooney in the primary.
I voted for Mooney over McKinley. Not that I'm a big Mooney fan just right now I believe he is more aligned with my way of thinking. So far I can agree with most of his votes I've been able to track .

Mooney not polling well against Manchin.

Not a Justice fan, always brags about how much money WV has but roads still shit in North central WV

Not a Justice fan, always brags about how much money WV has but roads still shit in North central WV

West Virginia needs to find better candidates to run. Until then voting for Manchin gets us more of this and that is the worst case senerio for our Country.

Today, I was proud to cast my vote to confirm Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States.

We cannot afford to allow the Dems to maintain control of the Senate. We have some aging SCOTUSs that will need replaced with some young ones.
I've been thinking in that direction for the primary. I just can't stand Jim Justice.
For the life of me can't figure out why someone would vote for Manchin after his confirmation vote for Brown. If for no other reason I couldn't vote Manchin.

Roads are not his fault. He has done way more than any recent governor for the roads. It is just such a massive job and one that money can't cure overnight

Reactions: jpoppa
Roads are not his fault. He has done way more than any recent governor for the roads. It is just such a massive job and one that money can't cure overnight
If I remember correctly you are a engineer for the state or a contractor.
As a person who has traveled extensively throughout the eastern part of our country, from the north east to south east .... wtf does wv have 3rd world country rds ? And why does it seem like it takes contractors at the minimum 1 month longer to do rd work ? I'm in NJ and yes some places have bad rds here . When they are repairing or replacing sections they get it done and move on .
It took Kelly paving 5 days to do a on ramp ....good God Stevie wonder could have finished faster .

If I remember correctly you are a engineer for the state or a contractor.
As a person who has traveled extensively throughout the eastern part of our country, from the north east to south east .... wtf does wv have 3rd world country rds ? And why does it seem like it takes contractors at the minimum 1 month longer to do rd work ? I'm in NJ and yes some places have bad rds here . When they are repairing or replacing sections they get it done and move on .
It took Kelly paving 5 days to do a on ramp ....good God Stevie wonder could have finished faster .
I am a consultant. Roads are bad because of a generation of roads being the 4th or 5th priority of a poor government. DOH payment policies and contacts dont help when it comes to getting work done quick.

Right now everyone here has the same problem as everyone everywhere else. Not enough people at the state to run the program and consultants and contractors are shorthanded and pile over with projects.

Manchin was horrible for our roads. He was the brainiac that decided it was an election year so they should repave twice as much road with 2" of pavement instead of using 4" of pavement as normal. Just stupid

Reactions: roadtrasheer
I am a consultant. Roads are bad because of a generation of roads being the 4th or 5th priority of a poor government. DOH payment policies and contacts dont help when it comes to getting work done quick.

Right now everyone here has the same problem as everyone everywhere else. Not enough people at the state to run the program and consultants and contractors are shorthanded and pile over with projects.

Manchin was horrible for our roads. He was the brainiac that decided it was an election year so they should repave twice as much road with 2" of pavement instead of using 4" of pavement as normal. Just stupid
I figured it was as simple as piss poor leadership in the DOH.
Seems Carl Kelly gets all the work around pburg and takes longer to do 2 lanes than contractors up here doing 3 lanes and twice the traffic.....

Seems Carl Kelly gets all the work around pburg and takes longer to do 2 lanes than contractors up here doing 3 lanes and twice the traffic.....
It is hard to say why it takes longer. It could be a lot of different things that hold it up. Sometimes it is as simple as when you can get an asphalt plant to fill your order.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Yes, leadership is a big part of the problem. Jimmy Wriston should have never been promoted to Secretary of the DOT. He ran off a lot of people within the DOH who had a lot of experience and knew what they were doing because of his hostile and dictator-like management style. Do what I say whether it can realistically be done or not. Don't question anything. He has no clue and doesn't want one. He sent out a mandatory employee satisfaction survey for employees to fill out and when he didn't get the answers he wanted, he sent out a second one with more limited choices that wouldn't allow anyone to make him look bad. There was a 3 page letter sent by an engineer to Jim Justice about Jimmy Wriston and his corruption, abuse, and unprofessionalism. According to that letter, there are secretaries within the DOH making more than many engineers. It also indicated Wriston was double-dipping on his salary, demonstrating blatant acts of favoritism with regards to certain consultants and turning WV into the worst state for transportation consulting firms to do business in, among other things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT