ADVERTISEMENT

Manchin 'seriously' considering switching parties: Democrat brand 'has become so bad'

30CAT

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Williamstown, WV
I'd like to think he's waking up, but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. He's a snake. He's trying to save his own ass. That said, it is nice to see so many Democrats admitting the Democrat party is destroying our country

I remember when West Virginia was a solid Blue state. Unlike bleaters, we woke up

Democrats and their bleaters are destroying our country

LINK: Manchin is potentially facing a tough reelection bid in GOP-friendly West Virginia

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said Thursday that he is "seriously" considering becoming an independent and lamented that Washington Democrats’ brand had become "so bad."

"I have to have peace of mind, basically. The brand has become so bad, the ‘D’ brand and ‘R’ brand," Manchin told West Virginia Metro News' "Talkline" host Hoppy Kercheval.

"In West Virginia, the ‘D’ brand because it’s the national brand. It’s not the Democrats in West Virginia, it’s the Democrats in Washington."

Manchin has been asked several times in the past about a possible party switch, particularly after helping kill off key pieces of President Biden’s progressive agenda like Build Back Better. He never ruled it out. On Thursday morning, however, he said: "I would very seriously think about" becoming independent.

Long a fixture of the West Virginia Democratic Party in a heavily GOP-leaning state, Manchin faces a fierce GOP Senate challenge from West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice should he decide to run for reelection. And while he has been a thorn in Biden's side, Manchin was widely panned by Republicans for ultimately supporting the Inflation Reduction Act, which included many provisions supported by progressives to address climate change.

"I’ve been thinking about that for quite some time," Manchin said. "I haven’t made any decisions whatsoever on any of my political direction, I want to make sure that my voice is truly an independent voice."

But he vowed to continue calling out "extremes" on both sides of the aisle. (I'd like to know what extremes are coming from the Republican party)

"When I do speak, I want to be able to speak honestly about basically the extremes of the Democrat and Republican Party that’s harming our nation," he said.

Manchin’s latest comments come after he fueled speculation of a potential third-party presidential bid when he refused to rule the idea out during a No Labels event in New Hampshire.

In his Thursday radio interview, Manchin denied that such a campaign would hurt Pedo-Joe — something the Democrat commander-in-chief’s allies have warned about.

I'd like to think he's waking up, but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. He's a snake. He's trying to save his own ass. That said, it is nice to see so many Democrats admitting the Democrat party is destroying our country

I remember when West Virginia was a solid Blue state. Unlike bleaters, we woke up

LINK: Manchin is potentially facing a tough reelection bid in GOP-friendly West Virginia

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said Thursday that he is "seriously" considering becoming an independent and lamented that Washington Democrats’ brand had become "so bad."

"I have to have peace of mind, basically. The brand has become so bad, the ‘D’ brand and ‘R’ brand," Manchin told West Virginia Metro News' "Talkline" host Hoppy Kercheval.

"In West Virginia, the ‘D’ brand because it’s the national brand. It’s not the Democrats in West Virginia, it’s the Democrats in Washington."

Manchin has been asked several times in the past about a possible party switch, particularly after helping kill off key pieces of President Biden’s progressive agenda like Build Back Better. He never ruled it out. On Thursday morning, however, he said: "I would very seriously think about" becoming independent.

Long a fixture of the West Virginia Democratic Party in a heavily GOP-leaning state, Manchin faces a fierce GOP Senate challenge from West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice should he decide to run for reelection. And while he has been a thorn in Biden's side, Manchin was widely panned by Republicans for ultimately supporting the Inflation Reduction Act, which included many provisions supported by progressives to address climate change.

"I’ve been thinking about that for quite some time," Manchin said. "I haven’t made any decisions whatsoever on any of my political direction, I want to make sure that my voice is truly an independent voice."

But he vowed to continue calling out "extremes" on both sides of the aisle. (I'd like to know what extremes are coming from the Republican party)

"When I do speak, I want to be able to speak honestly about basically the extremes of the Democrat and Republican Party that’s harming our nation," he said.

Manchin’s latest comments come after he fueled speculation of a potential third-party presidential bid when he refused to rule the idea out during a No Labels event in New Hampshire.

In his Thursday radio interview, Manchin denied that such a campaign would hurt Pedo-Joe — something the Democrat commander-in-chief’s allies have warned about.
The Democrat Party lost WV the evening that smug bitch Hillary came to rally and promised to end fossil fuels and then Biden told coal miners to “learn how to code”. Talk about stupid

Jay Rockefeller in reverse... JR knew he couldn't win politically in WV as a Republican thus changed over to Dem party. Now Dems have moved so far left Manchin doubtful he can win as a Dem and contemplates the Repub party....

The Democrat Party lost WV the evening that smug bitch Hillary came to rally and promised to end fossil fuels and then Biden told coal miners to “learn how to code”. Talk about stupid
I know right? Getting a coal miner to learn something other than breaking rocks is a bridge too far.

Just playing the game ... staying in the Democrat party to get money from the dnc . Goes independent and caucuses with the Democrats what has he done? He already voted to confirm a judge who can't define a woman.... nothing else needs to be said about his policies. A snake

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT