ADVERTISEMENT

New coach soon?

Well, it does sound bad. Our coach is fickle. But we have had fickle coaches before and survived. It doesn't sound like they did a wide search with just 3 names.

Reactions: Steve91562
Dana already did that.

He did not you please tell me you aren’t one that thinks the big east is the same as big 12. I agree he had taken us about as far as he could but We aren’t in a horrible position moving forward. Losing recruits in this class will be devastating though if coach can’t swing them back. Ali Jennings is one...

He did not you please tell me you aren’t one that thinks the big east is the same as big 12. I agree he had taken us about as far as he could but We aren’t in a horrible position moving forward. Losing recruits in this class will be devastating though if coach can’t swing them back. Ali Jennings is one...

I think they all offically inked their LOI
There are ways to get around LOI but for the most part schools don't mess them up unless you are Baylor.

Before Dana, WVU was watching UConn play in a BCS Bowl because we couldnt manage to win that shit show Big East....when we had Geno Smith.

We were squeaking wins from Marshall.
I'm not talking about 8 years ago. I'm talking about now. Where are we now? Where did he leave the program? Are we in a better position than when he first arrived? Nope.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
I think they all offically inked their LOI
There are ways to get around LOI but for the most part schools don't mess them up unless you are Baylor.

Most schools let them out and Jennings seems like he won’t come. Why I hope Gibby and Doug belk find a way to stay on for recruiting purposes

I'm not throwing a tantrum. The program (and Dana's record proves it) has been average based on his tenure here. He hasn't improved it from when he first started. He was brought in to compete for championships. How many of those did he lead WVU to?

He won the Big East and the Orange Bowl.

WVU has never won a national championship. If that is your standard then we have never had a good coach.

Try to imagine this program if Stewart was HC for the last 7 years.

WVU has never won a national championship. If that is your standard then we have never had a good coach.

Yeah, with somebody else's players. Then went down hill from there. And "there" keeps being described as nothing compared to the Big 12.

Yeah, with somebody else's players. Then went down hill from there. And "there" keeps being described as nothing compared to the Big 12.

He won 10 games two years ago.

Stewart couldnt win his or RR's players, so its not so easy.

If Stewart could have won with either, he wouldnt have been shit canned.

I think we’d be with Kansas if he were. If people only knew how practices were when rich was here but I don’t like bashing on a good man that passed away.

Yep, thanks to Gee.
Please direct us to the quote from GG where he declares that Fickell is the choice. Please, we need to see the direct information from the guy you reference as one who is responsible for noteing the winner. Everyone on this site is anxious to get/see the definitive statement from GG. We await th reference to this info.

Last edited:
Stewart might have been fine if he had picked a solid offensive coordinator. He had to learn on the job like Dana did.

Of course, he died so we would have been looking for a new coach anyway.

Syracuse beat us down TWICE.....we lost to Kansas..........enough said.

Reactions: Rootmaster
It’s brown!!

Hold up a second, have they interviewed Rockne or Pop Warner yet? I'd wait until I got a "no" from those two before I'd go jumping the gun.

The Single Wing and the Flying Wedge on field turf, they'd never stop us!

Syracuse beat us down TWICE.....we lost to Kansas..........enough said.

If will Grier played and Jack Allison didn’t have to make his first start in those circumstances we win by 2 touchdowns this year. Yes he should have had him ready to go but still we would have won if he was there.

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/01/03/dana-holgorsen-why-leave-west-virginia-houston/

Getting outdone by Houston in the salary department doesn’t work for assistants and Gee is “heavily involved in hiring.” Irritates me to the highest degree. I don’t pretend to know about running a university he shouldn’t pretend to know about what it takes to run a football program...

Gee was President at Colorado from 1985 to 1990. They were national champs in 1990.

He was President at Ohio State from 2007 to 2013. They were champs in 2014.

Probably just a coincidence.

Allison is not starting material at all. He never will be. Trey Lowe will easily beat him out after spring with a new coach that won’t discriminate against every dual threat QB. It’s like Dana screwed over every dual threat QB cause he likes slow pocket stiff boys. We don’t need slow QBs. We need a balanced, athletic QB that can run and throw well enough. We also need to play better defense. The new coach will love Trey Lowe. He’s 6-3 220, can run, has strong arm to groom and has 4 more years here after enrolling early last January. He still kept redshirt with new rule.

Trey Lowe is our QB with new coach. Dana won’t be here to stupidly pick Allison over him. Dumbass Dana is gone. Thank God.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Allison is not starting material at all. He never will be. Trey Lowe will easily beat him out after spring with a new coach that won’t discriminate against every dual threat QB. It’s like Dana screwed over every dual threat QB cause he likes slow pocket stiff boys. We don’t need slow QBs. We need a balanced, athletic QB that can run and throw well enough. We also need to play better defense. The new coach will love Trey Lowe. He’s 6-3 220, can run, has strong arm to groom and has 4 more years here after enrolling early last January. He still kept redshirt with new rule.

Trey Lowe is our QB with new coach. Dana won’t be here to stupidly pick Allison over him. Dumbass Dana is gone. Thank God.
Is there anything you don’t know?

Lyons is smart to listen to Gee but needs to do what will help him fulfill his vision for the program. That's what he is hired to do. I agree that Dana had done all he could do. It was bumpy at times but in the end he grew as a coach and guided the program back to a competitive league. Now it's up to this next hire to take the next step forward.

I wouldn't say he set us back at all....he brought in the talent to win. That was the most frustrating thing with his teams....other than a couple seasons you could see how close they were but would always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Yep, thanks to Gee.
Still waiting to see the documentation that you used to be so emphatic as to the outcome of the search. I want to believe and have some closure to all the rumors.However, I am beginning to wonder if you were functioning from knowledge or a case of indigestion resulting in the expulsion of hot, garlic scented, gut gas.

Lyons is smart to listen to Gee but needs to do what will help him fulfill his vision for the program. That's what he is hired to do. I agree that Dana had done all he could do. It was bumpy at times but in the end he grew as a coach and guided the program back to a competitive league. Now it's up to this next hire to take the next step forward.

I wouldn't say he set us back at all....he brought in the talent to win. That was the most frustrating thing with his teams....other than a couple seasons you could see how close they were but would always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.
WVU's sports teams have a long tradition of shooting themselves in the foot that began long before Holgorsen arrived.

Fickell or Brown are both good coaches.
No reason either can't at least keep the program where holgy left off. Good place to start I think.

Reactions: Boomboom521
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT