ADVERTISEMENT

Never would I turn on a WVU team!

Disappointed? Absolutely! But we live to fight another day!
Indeed we to - I believe we have one of the best teams (talent wise we've had in some time). However, we need to fight with another system - one that opens up the "O" rather than dribble down the shot clock. Administered by different assistants.

Reactions: mofo
WVU doesn't get the top notch talent that the top tier programs get. The top tier programs recruit the top players year in and year out. There's your usual top tier teams - Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina. Look at the recruiting rankings. WVU doesn't even get the 2nd tier recruits. Those mostly go to other named schools - Texas, Oklahoma, UCLA, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, Gonzaga. WVU does get a blue chip recruit every now and then, but Huggins purposefully is choosing his type of recruits to play a certain style of basketball - his style. He does this because he cannot beat the top notch teams simply by out-talenting them. He beats them on occasion by playing a rough, in your face, hit the boards style of play. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it gives him the best chance at making a deep tournament run. When he was at Cincinnati, he was recruiting more higher ranked players, and he did open it up a bit, but he still played his style of ball. It's physical basketball. If you're old enough to remember Huggins when he played at WVU, that's how he played. Hell, I saw him get into a fight during one game, right there on the floor. He was involved in a few, if I can recall. Huggins was also one of the best free throw shooters, maybe the best in WVU history, but not sure. That's why he gets pissed off over missed free throws. Bottom line, Huggins is going to play his style of game, one that he feels gives his team the best chance at winning on a nightly basis.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
basketball is much more injoyable to watch when the ball go in the basket an the refs don't hold the game back by all the fouls called an reviews i thought if the off player created the contact the foul was on him but it is never called that way need to make games more fun to watch but now you have set an watch this crap for two an half hours don't know how much longer i can stand to watch this need better weather so i can play golf

Indeed we to - I believe we have one of the best teams (talent wise we've had in some time). However, we need to fight with another system - one that opens up the "O" rather than dribble down the shot clock. Administered by different assistants.

If the team is designed differently in the future and built for it, sure. Until then work for a good look and limit the opponents attempts.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
We got a young team, not sure what the nattering nabobs of negativity are watching but this is quite the turn around from last year! Go Mountaineers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT