ADVERTISEMENT

Net Neutrality

I am pretty happy with comcast.
Hahahhaha, you poor thing.

Had fIOS almost 10 years now. I will not live somewhere that doesn’t have it. GAME CHANGER. Comcast calls me every now and then and asks if I’m happy and I just laugh at them.

That's another phrase I bet isn't uttered very often.
I talked TW down like $30/mo by always hounding customer solutions and threatening that my wife wanted Direct. We had hs int, hbo, sho, and their mid-range selections for $114/mo. Spectrum said no, no, no. Bumped it over $130 without hbo.....we cut it.

Had fIOS almost 10 years now. I will not live somewhere that doesn’t have it. GAME CHANGER. Comcast calls me every now and then and asks if I’m happy and I just laugh at them.
Not offered in my area....heard good things

I talked TW down like $30/mo by always hounding customer solutions and threatening that my wife wanted Direct. We had hs int, hbo, sho, and their mid-range selections for $114/mo. Spectrum said no, no, no. Bumped it over $130 without hbo.....we cut it.

I hate that they let people argue it down sometimes. That sounds like bad business practice to me. If you're a good customer that doesn't bug them they gouge you but if you bug them they lower the price. Sounds to me like the exact opposite of what they ought to do.

For many years I had no idea you could argue the price down. Then when I found out you could I felt like a complete idiot for paying the regular price for so long without questioning it.

Well whatever, I'm out. I don't like the cable company and they don't get any of my money (except for the Internet connection I mean).

I would use FIOS if it was here but I get w 150 mb/s and I have no buffering or issues. I am sure it could be better but I am not limited as ti what I can do.

I hate that they let people argue it down sometimes. That sounds like bad business practice to me. If you're a good customer that doesn't bug them they gouge you but if you bug them they lower the price. Sounds to me like the exact opposite of what they ought to do.

For many years I had no idea you could argue the price down. Then when I found out you could I felt like a complete idiot for paying the regular price for so long without questioning it.

Well whatever, I'm out. I don't like the cable company and they don't get any of my money (except for the Internet connection I mean).
I agree. I was the same when I found out. But that didn’t keep me from trying to get my price down.

Comcast has been good from a performance standpoint. I'm also a member of their CXI program, which as a Customer Integrator, gets me access to more knowledgeable people within Comcast on support issues.

Not that it's any of my business, but how did you "qualify" for that Program.....are you paying for it ??

Don't take that the wrong way; I certainly don't care if you do.....additional cost should earn you additional benefits. Or, were you identified independently by Comcast as a literate user who they can use as a sounding board (going both directions) on various system issues ??

I think where I'm basically going with this is did you reach out to them, or they to you ??

Not that it's any of my business, but how did you "qualify" for that Program.....are you paying for it ??

Don't take that the wrong way; I certainly don't care if you do.....additional cost should earn you additional benefits. Or, were you identified independently by Comcast as a literate user who they can use as a sounding board (going both directions) on various system issues ??

I think where I'm basically going with this is did you reach out to them, or they to you ??

You have to apply to the program, and be a custom integrator. It's meant to help with setup for clients. Scheduling Comcast installs, tech support, equipment support, etc.

You have to apply to the program, and be a custom integrator. It's meant to help with setup for clients. Scheduling Comcast installs, tech support, equipment support, etc.
Maybe you can ask them why my neighbor got blast internet for a year deal of $39,I get it on a $59 deal,my son-law also is on the $59 deal......my son just cut the cord and they would not give him the $39 or the $59 deal. His rate is $87 and they did offer him a deal of phone and blast internet for $85. We all live in the same area. Go figure.

One year later and I have to admit I was wrong about this. The repeal of net neutrality has not only ended the internet but has also taken the lives of millions of innocent people. The world is now a dark, barren hell hole. F*ck, what did we do?

source.gif

Reactions: TarHeelEer
Just another talking point that progressives were told to repeat and "educated" meaning brainwashed into believing so they would repeat talking points and belittle anyone who didnt agree. Id guess the net nuetrality folks were looking to cash in rather well and needed the mob to protect their game. It is similar to the climate change mob who tells the world that carbon dioxide is bad for the environment.

Reactions: wvu2007
Republican Logic: When something doesn't immediately happen, it will never happen.

Republican Logic: When something doesn't immediately happen, it will never happen.

Like price increases for steel tariffs, I think a year and a half in, we would have seen pricing tiers for certain websites by now. As expected, ISP's are not stupid, and the sky wasn't falling like some wanted it to.

Was actually having a conversation with some Kaleidescape users about throttling just yesterday. Some are still seeing it, some are paying to have caps eliminated, some aren't seeing it at all. We had throttling in our area at one time, would actually get a "data usage" report on our cable bill, but I haven't seen it in years, and haven't been throttled before, even when downloading a couple hundred gigabytes of data.

The next big landmine in the internets is this question of either Anti-Trust or State Actor when it comes to some websites and platforms, whether or not Congress, or the courts, will go after the Google/Facebook/Youtube/Ask Jeeves of the world.

Like price increases for steel tariffs, I think a year and a half in, we would have seen pricing tiers for certain websites by now. As expected, ISP's are not stupid, and the sky wasn't falling like some wanted it to.

Was actually having a conversation with some Kaleidescape users about throttling just yesterday. Some are still seeing it, some are paying to have caps eliminated, some aren't seeing it at all. We had throttling in our area at one time, would actually get a "data usage" report on our cable bill, but I haven't seen it in years, and haven't been throttled before, even when downloading a couple hundred gigabytes of data.

The next big landmine in the internets is this question of either Anti-Trust or State Actor when it comes to some websites and platforms, whether or not Congress, or the courts, will go after the Google/Facebook/Youtube/Ask Jeeves of the world.

Poor analogy as steel increases are market forced. Internet increases will be slower. They dont want backlash, they will slip these in over time. Frog in boiling pot

Democrat logic. We tell you the propaganda and if it doesnt happen it will because just like russia collusion, we would never lie to Americans.

Hahahahaha.

Pretty much confirms your climate change analogy. The earth is going to end in 10 years. Well it didn't end after those 10 years but by God if we don't take action now it will definitely end in 12 years. 12 years past and we get another 20 years before we are all DOOMED!

Poor analogy as steel increases are market forced. Internet increases will be slower. They dont want backlash, they will slip these in over time. Frog in boiling pot

Are you saying ISP pricing is not market driven? Riiiiight.......

When the sky hasn't fallen another year and a half from now... get back to us about that....

Pretty much confirms your climate change analogy. The earth is going to end in 10 years. Well it didn't end after those 10 years but by God if we don't take action now it will definitely end in 12 years. 12 years past and we get another 20 years before we are all DOOMED!
In fact their predictions were wrong several times now but it WILL GET BAD if we dont listen.

Oh....and some boy cried wolf too.

Morons

Just another talking point that progressives were told to repeat and "educated" meaning brainwashed into believing so they would repeat talking points and belittle anyone who didnt agree. Id guess the net nuetrality folks were looking to cash in rather well and needed the mob to protect their game. It is similar to the climate change mob who tells the world that carbon dioxide is bad for the environment.

^^^^^Pretends to be an engineer but doesn’t believe excessive CO2 is bad for the environment.

LMAO!

^^^^^Pretends to be an engineer but doesn’t believe excessive CO2 is bad for the environment.

LMAO!
CO2 is necessary for life. 100% co2 would be bad for the planet. Current levels and much higher wouldnt be. You should read more and talk less because you sound like a moron every time you write a thought.

I just can’t see a scenario where the big ISP (like Spectrum in my area) don’t push streaming services to pay more so their playability doesn’t fall off the table.....and that cost passed off to me. Maybe I’m wrong though.

You are wrong like always.

Reactions: WVU82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT