ADVERTISEMENT

Need some help West Virginia fans

BIGXIIfan 2017

Sophomore
Oct 22, 2017
I am creating some articles about Big XII fandom for next year's football season.

Would like to have something about all ten universities that make up the Big XII and since both Iowa St and West Virginia are coming to Austin next year I will be sharing my work during next year's football season at University of Texas football games.

If you could I would be interested in why many of you call yourself Mountaineers and what makes a Mountaineer fan different than the fans of other universities.
More than that how would you like the rest of the conference to view your fanbase, state and university.

Last edited:
What is known already I guess. They like moonshine and to keep it in the family.

A family reunion in West Virginia is a place to find a wife.
The old Arkansas jokes but just put West Virginia in there now.

The faster she is the longer she stays a virgin here in West Virginia.

Tailgating in MoTown
l.jpg

Seriously West Virginia is great. Where else can you get a divorce and remain family.

I am creating some articles about Big XII fandom for next year's football season.

Would like to have something about all ten universities that make up the Big XII and sense both Iowa St and West Virginia are coming to Austin next year I will be sharing my work during next year's football season at University of Texas football games.

If you could I would be interested in why many of you call yourself Mountaineers and what makes a Mountaineer fan different than the fans of other universities.
More than that how would you like the rest of the conference to view your fanbase, state and university.

If you are a writer, you should probably understand the difference between sense and since.

If you are a writer, you should probably understand the difference between sense and since.

Not much sense there.

Truthfully a lot of it will be pictures and videos of different fans around Texas and Oklahoma.
Since West Virginia is far away a lot of us do not get the chance to interact with them. The Big XII bball tournament is in KC so I might make the trip up there.
A lot of it will be work I collected from these fan sites and have other people do the writing. The UT message board Shaggy has a lot of fantastic writers.
Like I said we will be sharing the work during UT's football season and putting it on the site.

West Virginia can be best described as Mountain aggy.
The university's original name was West Virginia A&M.
They lacked the upper class and elites in state so the entire state can be described as a state without leaders.
The state was exploited by the people in Pittsburgh for their natural resources. They kept the state poor and uneducated. Reason why the academics in West Virginia are nothing to brag about.
Luckily for West Virginia the state and university the ACC did not want them and Oliver Luck was their AD.

Hopefully associating with Texans the state and university can improve their standing in the business community, on the field and in the classroom.

I like West Virginia. They are like the distant poor uneducated cousins by marriage.
They are still family and hopefully like with Arkansas the state of Texas can make West Virginia a better place.

What is known already I guess. They like moonshine and to keep it in the family.

Guy asked a legitimate question in quest of interesting, factual information to share with other Big Xii fans. What he gets is a moronic response that is not only childish but insulting to both WV and the fan seeking the info. Please make an attempt at being a mature adult and represent the Mountaineer nation with some dignity (presuming, of course, that you ARE a Mountaineer fan and have enough functional brain cells to interpret, at least to a reasonable degree, that which is stated above).
'Disgraceful' is a one word definition of that which prompted this response. And, please, do not bore me with a response indicating that you were only joking and I am too dumb to grasp, understand and appreciate it. If such WAS your intent I offer the advice that you stick to doing your current job, presuming of course that it is menial and requires neither education or thinking, because your comedic excursion fell absolutely flat.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Guy asked a legitimate question in quest of interesting, factual information to share with other Big Xii fans. What he gets is a moronic response that is not only childish but insulting to both WV and the fan seeking the info. Please make an attempt at being a mature adult and represent the Mountaineer nation with some dignity (presuming, of course, that you ARE a Mountaineer fan and have enough functional brain cells to interpret, at least to a reasonable degree, that which is stated above).
'Disgraceful' is a one word definition of that which prompted this response. And, please, do not bore me with a response indicating that you were only joking and I am too dumb to grasp, understand and appreciate it. If such WAS your intent I offer the advice that you stick to doing your current job, presuming of course that it is menial and requires neither education or thinking, because your comedic excursion fell absolutely flat.

Lighten up mane,
Even UT players think y'all are a bunch of drunken sister loving Hillbillies.
In the social order of the South the redneck is considered to be a higher class than the hillbilly

The upper class
The merchants
The redneck
The hillbilly
The Louisiana coonass
Then the Liberals, gays, Yankees and anyone not like us.

Last edited:
The guy asks a legitimate question and all he is met with are idiotic responses from the trolls and aliases on this board.

Whoever moderates/controls this forum should be embarrassed. No wonder this board is dead.

Reactions: Bronco-eer
Whoever moderates/controls this forum should be embarrassed. No wonder this board is dead.[/QUOTE]

Exactky, use to be the only board I would visit, now trolls rule the board. You show any kind of support you have a dozen response talking trash about WVU. I'm not here to see people trashing the team coaches and fans of the team I love. Yet they do and nothing happens. I miss the old board members.

[pfftt]:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger: × :100points::100points::100points::100points::100points::100points::100points::100points::100points::100points:

Inquiring

Inquiring Minds want to know...HAVE YOU EVER SUCKED OVOMITS COCK AS LONG AS YOU WANTED?

Their most famous act of couch burning was not started in Morgantown but in Lexington, Kentucky

The Other hillbillies
Couch-Burnin.png

Bj35iavIQAAEs0B.jpg

CBzrZrfUkAAYdc_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SECAggyFan
OKLAHOMA CITY – To some Oklahoma football fans, there are things that just aren't done in the heart of Sooner Nation, and one of them is to walk into a bar wearing a Texas Longhorns T-shirt.

That's exactly what touched off a bloody skirmish that left a Texas-shirt-wearing fan nearly castrated and an Oklahoma fan facing aggravated assault charges that could put him in prison for up to five years.

The shocking case has set off a raging debate in this football-crazed region about the extreme passions behind a bitter rivalry. Some legal observers have even questioned whether this case could ever truly have an impartial jury.

"I've actually heard callers on talk radio say that this guy deserved what he got for wearing a Texas T-shirt into a bar in the middle of Sooner country," said Irven Box, an attorney in this city 20 miles from Oklahoma's campus in Norman.

According to police, 32-year-old Texas fan Brian Christopher Thomas walked into Henry Hudson's Pub on June 17 wearing a Longhorns T-shirt and quickly became the focus of football "trash talk" from another regular, 53-year-old Oklahoma fan Allen Michael Beckett.

Thomas told police that when he decided to leave and went to the bar to pay his tab, Beckett grabbed him in the crotch, pulled him to the ground and wouldn't let go, even as bar patrons tried to break it up. When the two men were separated, Thomas looked down and realized the extent of his injuries.

"He could see both of his testicles hanging on the outside of his body," said Thomas' attorney, Carl Hughes. "He was wearing a pair of white shorts, which made it that much worse."

It took more than 60 stitches to close the wound, and police interviewed Thomas at a nearby hospital emergency room.

Beckett's attorney, Billy Bock, concedes that his client commented about Thomas' shirt, but said it was just good-natured ribbing and that he apologized to Thomas when it appeared to upset the Texas fan. Later, Bock said Thomas approached his client at the bar and threatened him.

"My client is a little man, and this guy (Thomas) is 30 to 40 pounds bigger than him," Bock said. "He's bigger, stronger, younger and probably faster, and he aggressively leaned in and touched my client and threatened to beat him up. ... My guy was defending himself and just took control of the situation."

Thomas' attorney disputes Beckett's version.

"That's total malarkey," Hughes said. "My client never said a word to him. He got up to pay and when he paid and left a tip, the guy grabbed him."

Beckett, a 53-year-old church deacon, federal auditor and former Army combat veteran, has pleaded not guilty. His next court appearance comes Oct. 4, two days before the Sooners and Horns tangle in their annual football game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.

Thomas, who once lived in Houston and became a Texas fan during the heyday of star running back Earl Campbell, is still recovering from his injuries but has returned to work as a meat cutter at a Sam's Club warehouse store.

Like Beckett and Thomas, many fans of the two college squads never attended either university, but have come to identify so closely with these teams that they attach banners to their cars, wear team colors on game day and even have programmed their car horns to play school fight songs.

Dallas police Sgt. Andy Harvey, a 12-year veteran of the force, said it's not uncommon for fights to break out between fans of the two schools.

"People are passionate about their teams and their universities, and that's a good thing," he said, "but when you mix a real passionate sports fan and then get a little alcohol in there, sometimes it's not a good mix."

On both Texas and Oklahoma fan Web sites, boosters trade familiar tales of having their car tires slashed or windshields smashed for sporting the opposing team's sticker in enemy territory.

Assistant District Attorney Scott Rowland said the rivalry will have no bearing on the way the case is prosecuted.

"It appears that it played a part in the fight," he said, "but that won't play any more of a role in our handling of the case than would a fight over a girl or a car or a song on the jukebox."

OKLAHOMA CITY – To some Oklahoma football fans, there are things that just aren't done in the heart of Sooner Nation, and one of them is to walk into a bar wearing a Texas Longhorns T-shirt.

That's exactly what touched off a bloody skirmish that left a Texas-shirt-wearing fan nearly castrated and an Oklahoma fan facing aggravated assault charges that could put him in prison for up to five years.

The shocking case has set off a raging debate in this football-crazed region about the extreme passions behind a bitter rivalry. Some legal observers have even questioned whether this case could ever truly have an impartial jury.

"I've actually heard callers on talk radio say that this guy deserved what he got for wearing a Texas T-shirt into a bar in the middle of Sooner country," said Irven Box, an attorney in this city 20 miles from Oklahoma's campus in Norman.

According to police, 32-year-old Texas fan Brian Christopher Thomas walked into Henry Hudson's Pub on June 17 wearing a Longhorns T-shirt and quickly became the focus of football "trash talk" from another regular, 53-year-old Oklahoma fan Allen Michael Beckett.

Thomas told police that when he decided to leave and went to the bar to pay his tab, Beckett grabbed him in the crotch, pulled him to the ground and wouldn't let go, even as bar patrons tried to break it up. When the two men were separated, Thomas looked down and realized the extent of his injuries.

"He could see both of his testicles hanging on the outside of his body," said Thomas' attorney, Carl Hughes. "He was wearing a pair of white shorts, which made it that much worse."

It took more than 60 stitches to close the wound, and police interviewed Thomas at a nearby hospital emergency room.

Beckett's attorney, Billy Bock, concedes that his client commented about Thomas' shirt, but said it was just good-natured ribbing and that he apologized to Thomas when it appeared to upset the Texas fan. Later, Bock said Thomas approached his client at the bar and threatened him.

"My client is a little man, and this guy (Thomas) is 30 to 40 pounds bigger than him," Bock said. "He's bigger, stronger, younger and probably faster, and he aggressively leaned in and touched my client and threatened to beat him up. ... My guy was defending himself and just took control of the situation."

Thomas' attorney disputes Beckett's version.

"That's total malarkey," Hughes said. "My client never said a word to him. He got up to pay and when he paid and left a tip, the guy grabbed him."

Beckett, a 53-year-old church deacon, federal auditor and former Army combat veteran, has pleaded not guilty. His next court appearance comes Oct. 4, two days before the Sooners and Horns tangle in their annual football game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.

Thomas, who once lived in Houston and became a Texas fan during the heyday of star running back Earl Campbell, is still recovering from his injuries but has returned to work as a meat cutter at a Sam's Club warehouse store.

Like Beckett and Thomas, many fans of the two college squads never attended either university, but have come to identify so closely with these teams that they attach banners to their cars, wear team colors on game day and even have programmed their car horns to play school fight songs.

Dallas police Sgt. Andy Harvey, a 12-year veteran of the force, said it's not uncommon for fights to break out between fans of the two schools.

"People are passionate about their teams and their universities, and that's a good thing," he said, "but when you mix a real passionate sports fan and then get a little alcohol in there, sometimes it's not a good mix."

On both Texas and Oklahoma fan Web sites, boosters trade familiar tales of having their car tires slashed or windshields smashed for sporting the opposing team's sticker in enemy territory.

Assistant District Attorney Scott Rowland said the rivalry will have no bearing on the way the case is prosecuted.

"It appears that it played a part in the fight," he said, "but that won't play any more of a role in our handling of the case than would a fight over a girl or a car or a song on the jukebox."

You seem interested in the Red River Shootout.

A lot of the Sooners came from Texas because they wanted better land. The name Boomer Sooner comes from the two groups. The Sooners are mainly from Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas. They snuck into Oklahoma and set up their land before the Boomers returned with permission to settle the land. This part of Oklahoma is called Little Dixie and it is the best land in Oklahoma because of the amount of water.
The Okies needed more land so they started a war for land against the state of Texas called the Red River Bridge War.
More importantly the university was created before the territory became a state and started playing football against Texas and this game has been played ever since for close to 120 years.

The people that make up Oklahoma are Land Thieves. People who will steal from their own brother to make their life better. That is why Oklahoma State has a Cowboy Pirate as a mascot.

Like I said when in Oklahoma and around Okies watch your personal property because they will steal it if their was a chance.

This is about West Virginia not some Dirt Dobbers.

First time I met a West Virginia fan I had issues with him.
I moved up to Maryland in the late 90's for work and I started hanging around this girl who was from Morgantown but her brother I guess was jealous that his sister wanted me and not him so he wanted to fight me.
An interesting fanbase and group of people.

First time I met a West Virginia fan I had issues with him.
I moved up to Maryland in the late 90's for work and I started hanging around this girl who was from Morgantown but her brother I guess was jealous that his sister wanted me and not him so he wanted to fight me.
An interesting fanbase and group of people.[/QUOTEFAE=

FAKE NEWS AND AN ASS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT