ADVERTISEMENT

My predictions of the game

RockyTopVol1999

Redshirting
Aug 27, 2018
Think it will be a tough game for both teams truthfully.
WV looks good early and moves the ball all over the field but only comes out with 3 FGs 1 TDs and 2 Turnover on Downs.
Tennessee struggles on offense but because of a ToD Tennessee takes the ball 56 yards for a TD

Halftime score
WV 16 Tennessee 7

Second half Tennessee starts to lean on WV's DL and moves the ball on two consecutive drives
Tennessee 17 WV 16

West Virginia responds with a TD in 1:58 and takes the lead but elects to go for 2 and fails
WV 22 Tennessee 17

Tennessee moves the ball down the field on two drives sandwiched between an interception to take the lead with 10 points

Tennessee 27 WV 22

WV moves the ball all the way to the 16 but fails on 4th down

Tennessee takes over and melts the clock down with an old school drive that last the final 4:56.

Tennessee wins 27-22
Because of turnovers, field goals and your coach being too confident.

WV still outgains Tennessee 467-324 yards

WV looks good early and moves the ball all over the field but only comes out with 3 FGs 1 TDs and 2 Turnover on Downs.
Tennessee struggles on offense but because of a ToD Tennessee takes the ball 56 yards for a TD

Halftime score
WV 16 Tennessee 7

Second half Tennessee starts to lean on WV's DL and moves the ball on two consecutive drives
Tennessee 17 WV 16

West Virginia responds with a TD in 1:58 and takes the lead but elects to go for 2 and fails
WV 22 Tennessee 17

Tennessee moves the ball down the field on two drives sandwiched between an interception to take the lead with 10 points

Tennessee 27 WV 22

Tennessee takes over and melts the clock down with an old school drive that last the final 4:56.

Tennessee wins 27-22

tenor.gif

Reactions: Brookecountyeer
No way in hell Vols hold WVU to less than 30 points and a Willy G Heisman like game. It may be close. But 2 freshman CBs aren't containing our weapons. I think the Vols have a career day pounding it down out throats. We msut force Tennessee to pass the ball and play catch up

Last edited:

Halftime score
WV 16 Tennessee 7

Tennessee 17 WV 16

WV 22 Tennessee 17

Tennessee 27 WV 22

Tennessee wins 27-22

Be sure to come back Saturday evening for a nicely prepared dish of crow. Dinner will be served at 7:30.

Yes. Tennessee is a Power 5 school with a rich tradition and name alone would make this an impressive victory. I think this will be a barometer for the whole season. Tennessee has alot to overcome, namely a brand new staff and that almost always takes time and losses to gell. I have no reason to think Jeremy Pruitt wont be succesful at Tennessee, especially coming from the Saban camp. I just dont think it will be right away. The team itself did not win a conference game last year and quite frankly seemed to quit on Butch Jones .In order to turn the program around Pruitt is going to have to not only deal with the Xs and Os of gameday, but also retrain the mentality of the team. I cant imagine getting that done in one offseason .Without question, Tennessee has talent, SEC talent, probably more individual talent than WVU across the board. Talent is obviously important and i would not be surprised to see Tennessee win 5 or 6 games this year or atleast be a formidable foe by end of the year, just not week 1. I think anything less than a comfortable win by WVU would cause me to be more concerned about WVUs season than Tennessee's. By comfortable, i mean having the game in hand by halftime or mid 3rd quarter anyway. I expect or hope anyway for a 28-7, 28-10 halftime lead and putting it away by end of 3rd 38-10 or 42-17. The final doesnt matter after that but i will predict 45-24
Nationally, even a ugly win over Tennessee will be respected because its Tennessee, but much like Maryland in years past, this IMO, is a true barometer to the rest of season .
Take care of business and win soundly and we can truly hope for a big season .if we struggle to win or worse on Saturday, then another .500 season comes into play, simply because, i think the Big 12 has atleast 5 teams that would be favored over Tennessee.

Tennessee 37 West Virginia 27
I have a hard time seeing wvu held that low with the CB situation with the Vols. With Will G. tossing it to a very capable and proven WRs, you can only double so many before massive mismatches developed. Win or Lose, we will get more than 27. Unless that rain storm wreaks havok on the air game

I have a hard time seeing wvu held that low with the CB situation with the Vols. With Will G. tossing it to a very capable and proven WRs, you can only double so many before massive mismatches developed. Win or Lose, we will get more than 27. Unless that rain storm wreaks havok on the air game

Grier was held to under 28 in 5 of his 11 starts last year.
Tennessee's run game is going to eat up a lot of the clock.
Well over 35 minutes. Might be 40.
That leaves 20-25 minutes.
6-10 possessions.
27 is a lot with that few of possessions.
That is scoring 4 or 5 drives

Grier was held to under 28 in 5 of his 11 starts last year.
Tennessee's run game is going to eat up a lot of the clock.
Well over 35 minutes. Might be 40.
That leaves 20-25 minutes.
6-10 possessions.
27 is a lot with that few of possessions.
That is scoring 4 or 5 drives
We are in year two with Will, and his O coordinator. You will see a huge difference in chemistry. Had Will not got knocked out of the last few games, we would have had 3 one thousand yards WRs.
Chemistry, Something the Vols may lack with a new staff, and scheme. I don't doubt the Vols will chew up some clock. But ya better hope you aren't playing from too far behind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT