ADVERTISEMENT

My how the broke ass hypocrites have fallen....

TIREPUNK

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2007
Canonsburg, PA via Morgantown/Beckley
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. – The Marshall University Board of Governors approved the expansion of beer sales into the chairback sections on the west side of Joan C. Edwards Stadium in a Tuesday afternoon meeting. The measure had also been approved by the Big Green Scholarship Foundation Board.

Beer will now be available in sections 108, 110, 112, 114, 116 and 118.

Since 2005, beer had only been sold in the stadium’s Big Green Room and could not be taken outside. Moving forward, Big Green Room purchases will continue and cans of 16-ounce beer may also be purchased from servers in those sections.

Athletics will increase security measures in those sections this seasons and Sodexo, the University’s concessions vendor, will provide appropriate training to its staff members.

“Before moving forward with additional selling points, we felt this trial run, of sorts, was necessary,” said Marshall Director of Athletics Mike Hamrick. “This is a growing trend in college athletics and this approach has been used recently at other schools, including Ohio State, Penn State and Pittsburgh.”

Marshall will open the season at home against Morgan State on Sept. 10.

http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071216aaa.html

Reactions: 30CAT
I think it was a matter of time anyway, but desperation is setting in. Marshall needs money and it needs it badly.

It's funny to look back and remember them laughing at WVU for its decision to sell beer. I recall them saying what a disaster it would be.

It improved behavior and WVU made three times as much money, off beer sales, than Marshall will make from its conference's payout.

Aspiring to be like Big Brother and they don't even realize it.

Marshall and its fans may thank Oliver Luck at their leisure. He'll appreciate it, I'm sure.

Reactions: TIREPUNK
It improved behavior and WVU made three times as much money, off beer sales, than Marshall will make from its conference's payout.

Marshall and its fans may thank Oliver Luck at their leisure. He'll appreciate it, I'm sure.
Let that nugget sink in awhile......if that isn't perspectrive, and a reality smack in the mouth, I don't know what is.

Everyone is doing it. It's not like you can't drink before, during, and after the game. If it helps them out with a few extra bucks, so what ? With CUSA screwing them over with that new TV deal they need the money. I don't think it's worth arguing over.

I think it was a matter of time anyway, but desperation is setting in. Marshall needs money and it needs it badly.

It's funny to look back and remember them laughing at WVU for its decision to sell beer. I recall them saying what a disaster it would be.

Yep, ever since you pulled your donations (because Rifle made you so mad) we've just been struggling to make ends meet.

Yep, ever since you pulled your donations (because Rifle made you so mad) we've just been struggling to make ends meet.
I just recall the amount of shit talked by Marshall fans when we decided to implement it. Hilarious you all are following the visionary leadership of one Oliver Luck.

Who said I pulled donations, 30Stalker?

I just found out that it will be select sections only, who will be able to buy beer...

If it doesn't happen before the season starts, Herd fans will be able to buy beer stadium wide....Just like Big Brother.

I just recall the amount of shit talked by Marshall fans when we decided to implement it. Hilarious you all are following the visionary leadership of one Oliver Luck.

The difference is you idiots beat up pregnant women when drunk. We won't do that.

Reactions: 30Kelly

Cool, I didn't realize Oliver Luck invented beer sales at college football games. It's almost like imagined drinking beer in the stadium at Cincinnati when we played there in 2007. Did he also partner with Al Gore when he invented the Internet?

Cool, I didn't realize Oliver Luck invented beer sales at college football games. It's almost like imagined drinking beer in the stadium at Cincinnati when we played there in 2007. Did he also partner with Al Gore when he invented the Internet?
Seems angry.

I don't understand the rationale to only sell in certain sections. Is it like "hey, we know we are really behind the times but we are going to ease into this thing they call the 21st century"?

I don't understand the rationale to only sell in certain sections. Is it like "hey, we know we are really behind the times but we are going to ease into this thing they call the 21st century"?
They probably feel the "elites" at Marshall (people like afternoon shift managers at Arby's) who can afford those seats ($99 for a season) are sophisticated enough to not make drunken fools of themselves.

Everyone else is not good enough and not to be trusted.

Last edited:
Does not comprehend what he reads.

How many times are you going to admit that you would love to be with my wife? She is not into mantits.

Well, looks like David is back trying to bait me into posting shirtless pics of myself in hopes that his cottage-cheese legged wife "randomly" sees them, so she will get in the mood and sleep with him this month.

Quite odd if you ask me, but hey, not all of us can get all the top women that come along with designing where to put orange cones on a highway.

What in the world are you talking about?

Reactions: 30Kelly
The difference is you idiots beat up pregnant women when drunk. We won't do that.

Gay young men standing on the sidewalk, minding their own business. Yep, you do that.

The pregnant woman herself never said it was a WVU fan and they weren't wearing WVU gear.

Nice try.

The pregnant woman herself never said it was a WVU fan and they weren't wearing WVU gear.

Nice try.

They were in the parking lot used for football games. It was right after the game. They had on LSU gear. While in the parking lot, they had a rock thrown through the window.

How many fans of neither team playing do you have in the parking lots used for football games? How many of these non-existent non-fans would randomly throw a rock at visiting fans for no reason after a home loss?

They were in the parking lot used for football games. It was right after the game. They had on LSU gear. While in the parking lot, they had a rock thrown through the window.

How many fans of neither team playing do you have in the parking lots used for football games? How many of these non-existent non-fans would randomly throw a rock at visiting fans for no reason after a home loss?

Based on what I saw of Marshall fans during our games with them, my best guess is that they were Marshall fans visiting for the weekend because ODU wasn't moving their meter.
A guy I know was sucker punched by Marshall fans up here.
Also, after the game Marshall fans were trying to tear up the framing for concrete to be poured for sidewalk repair.
Other Marshall fans were going through the RV lot kicking over people's things.

Those lots are a perfect target for thieves, not fans of either team. They get at least three hours to wander around scoping out stuff to steal. I've had flyers left on my vehicles during games. I'm sure they weren't WVU fans that left the flyers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT