ADVERTISEMENT

Twiddling my thumbs till Saturday

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Waiting for the New Year’s Eve start of Big 12 conference games is going to seem like an eternity instead of only Saturday.

Tuesday, for example, has one half-interesting game and it’s 9-4 Marquette against 7-6 Seton Hall, which would get crushed if they were in the Big 12.

9-2 Texas Tech home to 2-12 South Carolina State should be painful to watch for SCS fans. Red Raiders are 30-point favorites.

10-1 Texas will be using 4-9 Texas A&M-Commerce as practicing dummies. Longhorns are 29-point favorites.

Rest of games are podunks vs. podunks.

As I said, Saturday will seem like an eternity away waiting for some fantastic matchups in Big 12 conference games.

CFE, Marquette only lost to Purdue by five points though, so they can now lay claim to finishing 2nd in the Phil Knight classic, despite not participating in the event.

Baylor must not have received the memo about crushing Marquette, as they lost to them (crushed) by 26 points.

giphy.webp

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
We will have a good test with KSU. I dont know who all they have played but I know they are 11-1. Its time to see what this team is made of entering B12 play. I basically hate the B12 and wish we could leave it, but its a helluva conference for basketball.

We will have a good test with KSU. I dont know who all they have played but I know they are 11-1. Its time to see what this team is made of entering B12 play. I basically hate the B12 and wish we could leave it, but its a helluva conference for basketball.
Kansas State is good. They also have a heck of a coach, Jerome Tang. First year as a head coach ever. Was at Baylor for 15 years as top assistant for Scott Drew and did majority of their recruiting. Mainly uses 7 players. Best player is Keyontae Johnson with 17.7 points a game and 46% from 3 and 53% overall. Their best win was LSU(11-1) the one loss was to Butler(8-5). Not a terrible loss but not a good one either.

Keyontae Johnson F 17.7 pts
Markquis Nowell G 13.7 pts
Nae'Qwan Tomlin F 11.7 pts
Desi Sills G 9.0 pts
David N'Guessan F 7.8 pts
Cam Carter G 6.6 pts
Tykei Greene G 4.1 pts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT