ADVERTISEMENT

My final thoughts on Will Grier!

AllEers6

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2011
Now that the awards have come out and the Offensive MVP went to Sills I think its pretty simple. Will Grier was in Morgantown just long enough to pad his resume to get to the NFL. Look back, if it were not for the hand injury he would have left last year. WVU was just a stepping stone to get him to his goal. Being an NFL QB is a about Leadership, and Will got kicked off his team at Florida for using PED's and he left WVU the first time he had a chance. I appreciate the memories and what he did for the program but I just feel used.

btw, for all those that think Will should have stayed because he had nothing to prove, well, your the parent or family that takes there kid off of a travel baseball or AAU team because the team no longer fits you or your child's personal needs. Its called doing the right the thing!

Having said all that lets get behind Allsion go beat Syracuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: wvufaninarkansas
Now that the awards have come out and the Offensive MVP went to Sills I think its pretty simple. Will Grier was in Morgantown just long enough to pad his resume to get to the NFL. Look back, if it were not for the hand injury he would have left last year. WVU was just a stepping stone to get him to his goal. Being an NFL QB is a about Leadership, and Will got kicked off his team at Florida for using PED's and he left WVU the first time he had a chance. I appreciate the memories and what he did for the program but I just feel used.

btw, for all those that think Will should have stayed because he had nothing to prove, well, your the parent or family that takes there kid off of a travel baseball or AAU team because the team no longer fits you or your child's personal needs. Its called doing the right the thing!

Having said all that lets get behind Allsion go beat Syracuse.

Red alert, red alert....a college student used college as a stepping stone to a better life and reach personal goals.

Um, isnt that the freaking point?

Red alert, red alert....a college student used college as a stepping stone to a better life and reach personal goals.

Um, isnt that the freaking point?
Lot more to the post then just using it as a stepping stone, its also about leaving two teams and having Leadership and doing the right thing (using PED's knowing if he got caught his team would pay the price), and leaving his team hanging for a bowl game.

Not at the expense of others...that's selfish

Last edited:
Reactions: wvufaninarkansas
Lot more to the post then just using it as a stepping stone, its also about leaving two teams and having Leadership and doing the right thing hanging during his college career(using PED's knowing if he got caught his team would pay the price), and leaving his team hanging for a bowl game.

Not at the expense of others...that's selfish

Everyone is fine.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Rant alert. Sills was the entire team MVP no-brainer if you ask me. The dude played his heart out on offense special teams and even a little defense. He just went out and played football, and did it well. He did everything he could to help us win and left it all on the field. I hope to get more players like Sills in the future. He will always be a Mountaineer.

Can the same be said for Will? Will he always 'really' be a Mountaineer? Like perhaps he wont be back visiting very often --like this was a small chapter in his life and nothing more? Like he came here because of the system was extremely QB friendly and he was going to start right away? I guess we will see. Will might wear his WVU with pride later in life. None of us know that yet really, but I get the frustration amongst fans.

I dont know if Will would've played if we went to a better bowl game, but I would like to think so. I dont blame the "not risk injury" mentality on the Will and others who opt out of crappy bowl games though. Its the media, the NCAA and the NFL and the combo of their rule and marketing changes that is driving the me-first attitude if you ask me. Who really cares about most of these bowl games honestly? Certain bowls have an actual long-standing tradition and a name people recognize. Too many of them now are as lame as it gets. The bowl scene is like the welfare system now. The Camping World Bowl is not a long standing traditional bowl game like the Gator Bowl or Alamo Bowl, etc. Its a freaking camping superstore's bowl game. It would be hard to get up for it after coming a couple scores shy of being in the big time and winning the heisman this year.

Reactions: AllEers6
I see both sides of the coin however I know whether Will Grier played or not, whether he rocked it or suffered a serious injury that costs his wife, child, and himself quite a bit of money, WVU athletic Dept and Holgorsen still get their annual millions. If a man puts his family in front of team then I cannot fault him for it no less than admiring the man for risking everything to play that game for his team. It was his decision and he made what he felt was best for his family. He is a Mountaineer to me.

If Grier could have used this game to move from a solid late second round pick to an iffy first round pick, he’d have played, however, there’s enough footage on him, he’s proven what he can and cannot do, and sothere’s no need for him to play in a meaningless game and risk a career ending injury.

The right thing is a matter of opinion.
I see both sides of the coin however I know whether Will Grier played or not, whether he rocked it or suffered a serious injury that costs his wife, child, and himself quite a bit of money, WVU athletic Dept and Holgorsen still get their annual millions. If a man puts his family in front of team then I cannot fault him for it no less than admiring the man for risking everything to play that game for his team. It was his decision and he made what he felt was best for his family. He is a Mountaineer to me.
I agree, risk is factor and that's way they sell insurance, if he was really concerned about injury he would not play in the all star game. buy the insurance and play if its about injury

If Grier could have used this game to move from a solid late second round pick to an iffy first round pick, he’d have played, however, there’s enough footage on him, he’s proven what he can and cannot do, and sothere’s no need for him to play in a meaningless game and risk a career ending injury

insurance

I agree, risk is factor and that's way they sell insurance, if he was really concerned about injury he would not play in the all star game. buy the insurance and play if its about injury

And he may have a policy. If he does its not something he needs to disclose.

The senior bowl is important to the NFL teams, that is why he is playing.

You will need to accept that your opinion on this does not matter.

maybe, maybe not, the coach at Florida ended up getting fired, does it hurt his draft status, and how does
wvu fair in the bowl...again is about doing the right thing

The right thing for him is to focus on the NFL. I know this for a fact because its the decision he made.

Everyone is fine, except for you.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
The right thing for him is to focus on the NFL. I know this for a fact because its the decision he made.

Everyone is fine, except for you.
some one posted a story about this on social media about a week ago and lots of people had a problem with it. Like I said, your the type of parent that would take their kid off of a travel baseball team when you no longer needed what was being offered.

some one posted a story about this on social media about a week ago and lots of people had a problem with it. Like I said, your the type of parent that would take their kid off of a travel baseball team when you no longer needed what was being offered.

And none of them matter either....its not their decision to make. Their lives do not change.

Travel sports are for adults who are trying to relive their youth through children.

The only problem is little Bradon is 5"7' and not that fast, or strong...or talented. But his parents will cut checks to be part of the clique.

No it's not. Selfishness and hypocrisy are never "right."

Hes not being selfish. He is thinking about his wife and child. That's what GOOD DADS do....

The selfish ones are people like you, who think they can make demands. He doesnt owe you anything.

And btw, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being selfish in your career. Its your life. No one else cares about you out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: kmssg123
Blah blah blah. Give it up, man. No sense playing in a crap bowl game if you're going to be a high draft pick. Props to Sills for playing, but I'd say the same if he wasn't. And it is a crap bowl game.

Just give it up.

Hes not being selfish. He is thinking about his wife and child. That's what GOOD DADS do....

The selfish ones are people like you, who think they can make demands. He doesnt owe you anything.

And btw, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being selfish in your career. Its your life. No one else cares about you out there.
imo....he can protect his family with insurance money and still show leadership skills by leading his team into a bowl...QB at the next level is about leadership

Blah blah blah. Give it up, man. No sense playing in a crap bowl game if you're going to be a high draft pick. Props to Sills for playing, but I'd say the same if he wasn't. And it is a crap bowl game.

Just give it up.
crap bowl has nothing to do with this issue....like he said "do what is right"....man up and go fight for the guys that have fought for you the last two years....

imo....he can protect his family with insurance money and still show leadership skills by leading his team into a bowl...QB at the next level is about leadership

Do you let strangers on the internet tell you how to care for your family?

Sounds like Grier has a mind of his own.

crap bowl has nothing to do with this issue....like he said "do what is right"....man up and go fight for the guys that have fought for you the last two years....

He is doing what is right...for him. Anyone who cant accept that is a loser.

Oh my lord...stop. His last season was ended with an injury. He has played through a bunch of small injuries this year. He does not want to push his luck and I can’t blame him.

I’m hoping stories like this end the bowl system as it is. Just make it a 16 team playoff and eliminate the other bowls. Period. Better football. More money for everybody.

lol.....ok....does your opinion matter in this case?

people can have different opinions

Nope. I respect his decision. Its his, no one elses.

The only opinion that matters in this situation is Will Griers. Thats the whole list.

Oh my lord...stop. His last season was ended with an injury. He has played through a bunch of small injuries this year. He does not want to push his luck and I can’t blame him.

I’m hoping stories like this end the bowl system as it is. Just make it a 16 team playoff and eliminate the other bowls. Period. Better football. More money for everybody.
the problem is he is playing in the all star game so if he wants to stay away from injury then he needs to stay away from both

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT