ADVERTISEMENT

Morgantown Liberals trying to kill new business in town

rog1187

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Well at least they got rid of Starbucks in the process.

Tenants shuffle at ‘The Deck,’ Protect Morgantown changes protest focus​

POSTED BY MIKENOLTING ON JULY 23, 2022 IN LOCAL NEWS
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – As the protest against the proposed Big Daddy Gun Store continues an anchor tenant has pulled out of the “The Deck” and the group protesting, Protect Morgantown has announced plans to shift their focus.
Officials from Starbucks have announced plans to pull the plug on opening a store next to the planned location of Big Daddy Guns.
Spokesperson Jodie Hollingshead said they have attempting to contact Hardy World LLC, the property owner and landlord for the University Avenue proposed location for the gun store.
“In fact, the first time anyone at Hardy World reached out to us was to reprimand us for reaching out to a family member,” Hollingshead said.
But in a report from the Dominion Post, Hollingshead said she participated in a conference call with Starbucks officials who released the following letter that said in part,” we have made the decision to not move forward with the opening of our store on University Ave in Morgantown, WV. We have heard from members of the community and, importantly, many of you about the safety concerns you have for this location’s proximity to another business planned for University Avenue.”
Without being specific, Hollingshead said the communication with Hardy World LLC has not been productive. She said while the group has asked Hardy World LLC to cancel the lease with Big Daddy Guns, they have made it clear they have no intention to do so.
“They feel their hands are and we feel it’s impossible for a billionaire’s hands to be tied,” Hollingshead said. “They should make the right decision, the correct decision for Morgantown and that is to tear up their contract with Big Daddy Guns.”
So, now the group has plans to target corporate headquarters locations of the Hardy World group of companies. Hollingshead made it clear the protests would not focus on local 84 lumber locations.
“Because they refuse to contact us we are prepared to show up at Hardy World LLC headquarters, at Nemacolin and 84 Lumber headquarters- whatever it takes,” Hollingshead said.
Community leaders and elected officials gathered at the First Presbyterian Church this week and Monongalia County Delegate Evan Hansen expressed his concern.
“Big Daddy has a platform, and they have a choice how to use that platform. They could acknowledge the facts about gun violence in America and use their platform to help make things better. Or they can try to divide us and scare us so that they can sell more guns, Hansen said. “They chose the latter approach, which led me to my choice – I choose to speak out and be clear that I don’t want Big Daddy opening a gun shop in my community.”
Organizers have also circulated a petition at events and online to gain support for their position. Additionally, the group has held protests at the site of the store and attended city council meetings.
“For the small city of Morgantown, I think 2,000 people willing to sign this is great,” Hollingshead said. “I think it’s a tangible indication of the support Protect Morgantown has in opposing Big Daddy Guns here.”
Co-owner of Big Daddy Guns, Sherrie McKnight and members of her staff also made the trip to Morgantown to address council members during a regular meeting. McKnight explained the company emphasis on training, education and safety. Also, noting their first location is in Gainesville, Florida- the home of the University of Florida where they offer range days, training and safety classes.
” I would be happy to have a conversation with Sherrie (McKnight),” Hollingshead said. “I don’t know how productive it would be, but she has been mostly respectful in her comments toward us.”

Morgantown is full of these knee jerk liberals…just read the comments on Hoppy’s column In Metro news.
I don't see BDG or Hardy World backing down. They have helped give BDG a ton of free publicity and I expect if they do open there, they will have bigger numbers thanks to the libtard tears being shed.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Well at least they got rid of Starbucks in the process.

Tenants shuffle at ‘The Deck,’ Protect Morgantown changes protest focus​

POSTED BY MIKENOLTING ON JULY 23, 2022 IN LOCAL NEWS
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – As the protest against the proposed Big Daddy Gun Store continues an anchor tenant has pulled out of the “The Deck” and the group protesting, Protect Morgantown has announced plans to shift their focus.
Officials from Starbucks have announced plans to pull the plug on opening a store next to the planned location of Big Daddy Guns.
Spokesperson Jodie Hollingshead said they have attempting to contact Hardy World LLC, the property owner and landlord for the University Avenue proposed location for the gun store.
“In fact, the first time anyone at Hardy World reached out to us was to reprimand us for reaching out to a family member,” Hollingshead said.
But in a report from the Dominion Post, Hollingshead said she participated in a conference call with Starbucks officials who released the following letter that said in part,” we have made the decision to not move forward with the opening of our store on University Ave in Morgantown, WV. We have heard from members of the community and, importantly, many of you about the safety concerns you have for this location’s proximity to another business planned for University Avenue.”
Without being specific, Hollingshead said the communication with Hardy World LLC has not been productive. She said while the group has asked Hardy World LLC to cancel the lease with Big Daddy Guns, they have made it clear they have no intention to do so.
“They feel their hands are and we feel it’s impossible for a billionaire’s hands to be tied,” Hollingshead said. “They should make the right decision, the correct decision for Morgantown and that is to tear up their contract with Big Daddy Guns.”
So, now the group has plans to target corporate headquarters locations of the Hardy World group of companies. Hollingshead made it clear the protests would not focus on local 84 lumber locations.
“Because they refuse to contact us we are prepared to show up at Hardy World LLC headquarters, at Nemacolin and 84 Lumber headquarters- whatever it takes,” Hollingshead said.
Community leaders and elected officials gathered at the First Presbyterian Church this week and Monongalia County Delegate Evan Hansen expressed his concern.
“Big Daddy has a platform, and they have a choice how to use that platform. They could acknowledge the facts about gun violence in America and use their platform to help make things better. Or they can try to divide us and scare us so that they can sell more guns, Hansen said. “They chose the latter approach, which led me to my choice – I choose to speak out and be clear that I don’t want Big Daddy opening a gun shop in my community.”
Organizers have also circulated a petition at events and online to gain support for their position. Additionally, the group has held protests at the site of the store and attended city council meetings.
“For the small city of Morgantown, I think 2,000 people willing to sign this is great,” Hollingshead said. “I think it’s a tangible indication of the support Protect Morgantown has in opposing Big Daddy Guns here.”
Co-owner of Big Daddy Guns, Sherrie McKnight and members of her staff also made the trip to Morgantown to address council members during a regular meeting. McKnight explained the company emphasis on training, education and safety. Also, noting their first location is in Gainesville, Florida- the home of the University of Florida where they offer range days, training and safety classes.
” I would be happy to have a conversation with Sherrie (McKnight),” Hollingshead said. “I don’t know how productive it would be, but she has been mostly respectful in her comments toward us.”
The business I wouldn’t want did leave. Starbucks coffee is awful.

I don't see BDG or Hardy World backing down. They have helped give BDG a ton of free publicity and I expect if they do open there, they will have bigger numbers thanks to the libtard tears being shed.
Did you see where this group is calling family members in an attempt to intimidate?

This should end well.

Morgantown is becoming a smaller version of San Francisco. Having lived in both, the signs are there.

And I don't care for Starbucks and the new location had the potential for being a traffic nightmare, but the City could certainly use the tax revenue.

Morgantown is becoming a smaller version of San Francisco. Having lived in both, the signs are there.

And I don't care for Starbucks and the new location had the potential for being a traffic nightmare, but the City could certainly use the tax revenue.
This is being driven by a small group of people. Same group of people worked to shut down a bitcoin mining operation at the the industrial park because of noise and environmental pollution.

It's not a group full of geniuses.

Did you see where this group is calling family members in an attempt to intimidate?

This should end well.
Yep saw that, but of course they find it acceptable...unless and until someone does it to them.

Yep saw that, but of course they find it acceptable...unless and until someone does it to them.
You can tell by their statement to the DP that they are upset that Hardy World doesn't recognize their existence. I found it odd they said they would protest but they would not be protesting at 84 lumber. 84 is opening a deal over in dellslow. Wonder how thar is all cconnected. Reminds me of the Suncrest walmart.

This is being driven by a small group of people. Same group of people worked to shut down a bitcoin mining operation at the the industrial park because of noise and environmental pollution.

It's not a group full of geniuses.
It's always a small group, I'd be run off this board, if I started to list the very small groups that changed the laws everywhere. I'll leave it at that.

It's always a small group, I'd be run off this board, if I started to list the very small groups that changed the laws everywhere. I'll leave it at that.
I have some experience with that. We did a project in VA. A roadway design preliminary plans which means pretty early in the design phases with no real data yo back it up and minimal survey and Geotechnical work. Most just a feasibility type plan. After it went to public hearing the DOT got about 85k emails asking for the project to be killed. Mostly citing poor design (it was not really designed at all at that point) or environmental concerns. The dot did a study on the emails and the 85k emails came from something like 50 computers and the letters were generated using a template with paragraphs moved around and sentences reorded to make it all look original.

I have some experience with that. We did a project in VA. A roadway design preliminary plans which means pretty early in the design phases with no real data yo back it up and minimal survey and Geotechnical work. Most just a feasibility type plan. After it went to public hearing the DOT got about 85k emails asking for the project to be killed. Mostly citing poor design (it was not really designed at all at that point) or environmental concerns. The dot did a study on the emails and the 85k emails came from something like 50 computers and the letters were generated using a template with paragraphs moved around and sentences reorded to make it all look original.
Not surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT