Missouri AD Mike Alden: more realignment coming in 'the next two years'

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Excerpt:

I just think there are going to continue to be schools that are going to attempt to align themselves with what they perceive to be 'like' schools, looking for increased revenue distribution with continued escalation of media contracts. Is that going to happen tomorrow? No, I don't think tomorrow.[/I]

But I would think in the next couple years ? and I don't mean three to five years. I'm talking about the next two years, were going to see even more shifts in those areas.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20525974/missouri-ad-mike-alden-more-realignment-coming-in-the-next-two-years

I kind of hope the B12 stays as is. I like playing everyone in the conference every year.

I don't really care what the others do.

Of course he could be referring to the big east, sun belt, and CUSA and all their switching up next year, as well as Pitt and Cuse joining the ACC next year.

Navy is supposed to join the big east in 2015, but they are apparently trying to move that up to next year as well. That will give them 13 teams in football, and I think they will make another push to get Air Force as team 14. They might go for 16 teams and try once again to bring in Army and maybe another western school like San Jose State, BYU, Tulsa, or northern Illinois.

I can't see the Big 10 being interested in any other teams. They might fancy Rutgers, or UConn since both are AAU schools and are in top 40 tv markets, but really, do either seem to fit the mold of b10 schools? Maryland doesn't have the money to pay their way out of the ACC.

The p12 doesn't really have any options.

The big 12 might look at Louisville, BYU, Cincy or Rutgers, but really... Why? And no one is going to take any b12 schools with the signing away of tv rights.

The SEC might look at going to 16, but none of the ACC schools can afford to leave, unless they sue, and none of the remaining B12 schools are interested in leaving and in turn giving up all tv rights, and that makes them unattractive to the sec because the sec can't make much money off of them.

I just don't know where the realignment would come from.

The big 12 might look at Louisville, BYU, Cincy or Rutgers, but really... Why? And no one is going to take any b12 schools with the signing away of tv rights.

this or the big east scenario would be my bet. wouldn't be surprised to see mizzou reapply to the b12 after another similar year in the sec.

Originally posted by Buster68:

this or the big east scenario would be my bet. wouldn't be surprised to see mizzou reapply to the b12 after another similar year in the sec.
Missouri is like Fredo to the Big 12. I can't see that happening for atleast another full generation.

Originally posted by schoonerwest:
Originally posted by Buster68:

Missouri is like Fredo to the Big 12. I can't see that happening for atleast another full generation.
Mizzou is done. I hope they wallow in their own pathetic misery (pun -- hah!) for many years.

Missouri's main problem has always been talking; they just shouldnt do it.
Whether it's an AD, alum, or fat drunk fan they probably say (as a whole) the second dumbest things of any group I've ever heard.
Ironically, by far the dumbest group of retards left with Mizzou for the SEC. Full on Retard, all the time.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

If they wanted I'd take back Nevraska or A&M in a heartbeat. Colorado would have to demonstrate they're still committed to winning on occassion. Missouri? No, not ever. They started the whole mess with their big mouthed and their desire to be elsewhere. Everyone else reacted out of fear or jealousy or simply getting a better deal. Missouri wanted out from the beginning, and all because they wanted to be associated with the Big Ten's academics. Look where they are now!

Missouri wants in the Big Ten so bad they can taste it... my guess is we'll see their administration say things just like this for as long as it takes in the hopes that one day they can make all their dreams come true. Gotta admit, they are making their case with their domination of the SEC.

Originally posted by Mountain Mammal:
Missouri wants in the Big Ten so bad they can taste it... my guess is we'll see their administration say things just like this for as long as it takes in the hopes that one day they can make all their dreams come true. Gotta admit, they are making their case with their domination of the SEC.
And I think they would have seen a Big 10 invite at some point so why make the SEC move now? Going to be a tough lesson to learn!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT