ADVERTISEMENT

Message to DeSantis....it's over

atlkvb

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2004
The latest New Hampshire poll...one of the bell weather polls in the GOP nomination race, shows Florida Governor Ron DeSantis falling to 5th place among GOP contenders! You heard that right...5th place! :oops:

I like RDS, and I think he's been a fabulous Governor. I'd probably vote for him if Trump weren't in this race...but Trump IS in this race and for all intents and purposes this nomination race is over!

If DeSantis is smart (and I think he is) he'd suspend his campaign and throw his support behind Trump...maybe even discuss joining him on a GOP ticket which would be unstoppable. At the very least he'd save whatever is left of his fledgling national candidacy, and maybe set himself up for a long term stay leading America back to greatness as Trump's Veep, then as President himself?

Desantis sinks to 5th place in New Hampshire

excerpt:
The poll, from CNN and the University of New Hampshire (UNH), was just the latest worrying sign for DeSantis, whose hard-right campaign has struggled ever since a glitch-filled launch with Elon Musk on his social media platform in May. “DeSantis’s decline comes largely among moderates,” CNN said, detailing a 20-point drop in such support"

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
The latest New Hampshire poll...one of the bell weather polls in the GOP nomination race, shows Florida Governor Ron DeSantis falling to 5th place among GOP contenders! You heard that right...5th place! :oops:

I like RDS, and I think he's been a fabulous Governor. I'd probably vote for him if Trump weren't in this race...but Trump IS in this race and for all intents and purposes this nomination race is over!

If DeSantis is smart (and I think he is) he'd suspend his campaign and throw his support behind Trump...maybe even discuss joining him on a GOP ticket which would be unstoppable. At the very least he'd save whatever is left of his fledgling national candidacy, and maybe set himself up for a long term stay leading America back to greatness as Trump's Veep, then as President himself?

excerpt:
The poll, from CNN and the University of New Hampshire (UNH), was just the latest worrying sign for DeSantis, whose hard-right campaign has struggled ever since a glitch-filled launch with Elon Musk on his social media platform in May. “DeSantis’s decline comes largely among moderates,” CNN said, detailing a 20-point drop in such support"
I might vote for RDS if 5 or 6 others drop out. His campaign strategy has been terrible and his supporters in general have been lying shitbags. This does not include any of his supporters on this forum.

Reactions: atlkvb
I might vote for RDS if 5 or 6 others drop out. His campaign strategy has been terrible and his supporters in general have been lying shitbags. This does not include any of his supporters on this forum.
I still like him. He's just running at the wrong time against the wrong candidate (Trump). If he's smart, he'll throw his support behind Trump, and join the MAGA agenda. Otherwise, he can go back to Florida and hope voters forget what a lousy candidate he's been for President.

Last edited:
I thought he had already given up and was running for Senate.
My Lord it's amazing how poorly his campaign has been run. He's still a good Governor...but he just was not ready for the big league this cycle. Damn!

Hey Ron...what happened?

Maybe I ran into a buzzsaw named Trump?
iu

You may have a point there Ron. 🤔

excerpt:
It should be a no brainer for DeSantis. Finish out the primaries and lose. Then join Trump as VP if offered. However, I’m not sure Trump wants DeSantis. It will likely come down to DeSantis, Haley, Vivek, Gabbard, and Tim Scott.

If DeSantis is smart (and I think he is) he'd suspend his campaign and throw his support behind Trump...maybe even discuss joining him on a GOP ticket which would be unstoppable.

Agreed. However. Nikki Haley would be a better Vice choice, IMO. She would help with the female vote, but also, if something happened to Trump, I think she would do a good job as president as well.

Agreed. However. Nikki Haley would be a better Vice choice, IMO. She would help with the female vote, but also, if something happened to Trump, I think she would do a good job as president as well.
I wouldn't have a problem with her as Veep.

Reactions: 30CAT

excerpt:

See you in Iowa.

CNN New Hampshire Primary Poll Methodology

These findings are based on the latest CNN New Hampshire Primary Poll, conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center. Two thousand, one hundred and seven(2,107) Granite State Panel members completed the survey online between September 14 and September 18, 2023. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/-2.1 percent. Included in the sample were 1,006 likely 2024 Republican Primary voters (margin of sampling error +/-3.4 percent). There were 845 unweighted likely Republican Primary voters. In addition to potential sampling error, all surveys have other potential sources of non-sampling error including question order effects, question wording effects, and non-response. These MSE's have not been adjusted for design effect.

See you in Iowa.

CNN New Hampshire Primary Poll Methodology

These findings are based on the latest CNN New Hampshire Primary Poll, conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center. Two thousand, one hundred and seven(2,107) Granite State Panel members completed the survey online between September 14 and September 18, 2023. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/-2.1 percent. Included in the sample were 1,006 likely 2024 Republican Primary voters (margin of sampling error +/-3.4 percent). There were 845 unweighted likely Republican Primary voters. In addition to potential sampling error, all surveys have other potential sources of non-sampling error including question order effects, question wording effects, and non-response. These MSE's have not been adjusted for design effect.
'Ya know Trump didn't win Iowa in '16? He did however eventually win the GOP nomination that year, then relied on the Russians to help him steal the election from Hillary. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Hate to rain on the DeSantis crowd's parade...but this is a good read why this nomination process in the GOP is essentially over

Trump's become the runaway train in the GOP primary

excerpt:
Examining the voters assembled behind Trump — and the minority who are backing other candidates — is essential to understanding how he came to dominate the fight for the GOP nomination. It also underscores the uphill climb Trump’s opponents have to unseating the former president as the leader of a Republican Party he’s reshaped in his own image.

I didn't ask them to vote for me, they already have their own reasons
iu

• Love
It should be a no brainer for DeSantis. Finish out the primaries and lose. Then join Trump as VP if offered. However, I’m not sure Trump wants DeSantis. It will likely come down to DeSantis, Haley, Vivek, Gabbard, and Tim Scott.
My personal preference for Trump's Veep is Kari Lake. Behind her I like Josh Hawley or Tom Cotton. Both solid, detailed, smart & Conservative.

My personal preference for Trump's Veep is Kari Lake. Behind her I like Josh Hawley or Tom Cotton. Both solid, detailed, smart & Conservative.
Love all 3. Especially Tom Cotton. I don’t see Cotton or Hawley planning to step up as VP. Lake, possibly

I still like him. He's just running at the wrong time against the wrong candidate (Trump). If he's smart, he'll throw his support behind Trump, and join the MAGA agenda. Otherwise, he can go back to Florida and hope voters don't forget what a lousy candidate he's been for President.
He isn't smart. His folks are pushing loads of bullshit out about Trump and every other candidate and vowing not to support whoever eventually beats him. They need to realize how fuking stupid they are and stfu

He isn't smart. His folks are pushing loads of bullshit out about Trump and every other candidate and vowing not to support whoever eventually beats him. They need to realize how fuking stupid they are and stfu
I'll agree he's run a terrible campaign...and he's done some boneheaded things like attacking Trump's support which is the current base of the party he needs to win if he's going to be the nominee. I don't think he's stupid... he just got a lot of bad "consultant's" advice and I'd bet half of those folks were "never Trumpers". 😏

Last edited:
All I know is Willie had those heels high while he was workin' that! 🤣
Don't matter... God made no mistake with the hairy end of those guts .... my grandmother had 20 kids carried and delivered. Pap was still getting up in it ... that thing sucks right back up to wonderful no matter what we shove up in them ..... just goes to show God is wonderful.

• Haha
Don't matter... God made no mistake with the hairy end of those guts .... my grandmother had 20 kids carried and delivered. Pap was still getting up in it ... that thing sucks right back up to wonderful no matter what we shove up in them ..... just goes to show God is wonderful.
giphy.gif

Reactions: roadtrasheer
I can't vote for DeSantis either. I am a Florida resident and think he has been great governor. He has swung too far right on both abortion and the vendetta against Disney. Believe me I wouldn't spend a dime on anything Disney. But Trump can take a hike....way to divisive. Time for someone younger than all the old guys that can't finish a sentence.

I can't vote for DeSantis either. I am a Florida resident and think he has been great governor. He has swung too far right on both abortion and the vendetta against Disney. Believe me I wouldn't spend a dime on anything Disney. But Trump can take a hike....way to divisive. Time for someone younger than all the old guys that can't finish a sentence.

So is your vote for Pedo-Joe or Trump?

You can say other, but it's between those two, like it or not.

Any vote other than those two is a wasted vote. I hate that, but bottom line is, we all know it's a fact.

Can’t vote for Biden he is incoherent. I only vote for Trump as lesser of 2 evils. I prefer Nikki Haley. Smart and even keeled

Can’t vote for Biden he is incoherent. I only vote for Trump as lesser of 2 evils. I prefer Nikki Haley. Smart and even keeled
She's not beating Trump for the nomination. Maybe Veep.

Is Trump divisive of is the media divisive?

I am not suggesting Trump has no faults. He could speak half of what he says if you ask me but I am asking that question to spark a debate about the media roll in political perception.

Sounds to me like you vote on emotions. That’s why this country is in the shape it’s in. Trump divisive for standing up for himself and the ass fvcking DC has been giving to Americans?? DeSantis too far right for not supporting abortion and standing up to woke Disney?? All of it is and was needed by DeSantis and Trump.

Seems to me whoever stands up and/or speaks out against the prevailing conventional Wisdom or established media narrative is considered "too controversial" or too "far right". :rolleyes: Why do we never hear of the "too far Left"? Is there no such thing?

Tell me on the issue of Abortion, that having NO PREFERENCE on when or where we should draw the line on infanticide isn't "extreme"? I get it there are all sorts of opinions on when human Life begins, or a Fetus is considered "viable" (no question in my mind it's at conception) but even I can compromise on a 15 week cut off or a detection of a "heartbeat" simply to protect that innocent Baby's Life.

Not one Leftist Democrat will ever answer that question when we should restrict abortion? They will never give you an exact answer..."it's between a Woman and her Doctor"....it varies from one person to another...it's about a Woman's right to make her own personal choices about her own body"....yada...yada...yada....

To me it is extreme...far Left extreme... to say there should be no restrictions at any time on killing an innocent unborn Baby! Yet you never hear anyone who advocates that position in the Democrat party called "far Left wing extremist". Why not?🤔

What's more extreme than that?

Is Trump divisive of is the media divisive?

I am not suggesting Trump has no faults. He could speak half of what he says if you ask me but I am asking that question to spark a debate about the media roll in political perception.
Trump's bluntness doesn't bother me. Half of what he says is defending some smear about him...other times he's correcting how something he's said has been twisted around or misquoted or taken out of context, or is simply a flat out lie!

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
So is your vote for Pedo-Joe or Trump?

You can say other, but it's between those two, like it or not.

Any vote other than those two is a wasted vote. I hate that, but bottom line is, we all know it's a fact.
I honestly don't think Biden will run again. He'll either croak, or be forced out due to his declining health or loss of mental acuity.

Seems to me whoever stands up and/or speaks out against the prevailing conventional Wisdom or established media narrative is considered "too controversial" or too "far right". :rolleyes: Why do we never hear of the "too far Left"? Is there no such thing?

Tell me on the issue of Abortion, that having NO PREFERENCE on when or where we should draw the line on infanticide isn't "extreme"? I get it there are all sorts of opinions on when human Life begins, or a Fetus is considered "viable" (no question in my mind it's at conception) but even I can compromise on a 15 week cut off or a detection of a "heartbeat" simply to protect that innocent Baby's Life.

Not one Leftist Democrat will ever answer that question when we should restrict abortion? They will never give you an exact answer..."it's between a Woman and her Doctor"....it varies from one person to another...it's about a Woman's right to make her own personal choices about her own body"....yada...yada...yada....

To me it is extreme...far Left extreme... to say there should be no restrictions at any time on killing an innocent unborn Baby! Yet you never hear anyone who advocates that position in the Democrat party called "far Left wing extremist". Why not?🤔

What's more extreme than that?
My favorite is what you said “it’s between a woman and her Doctor”. Is it? What if the doctor said No? Why doesn’t the life of the baby matter? They all need to stfu. It’s murder. Period.

My favorite is what you said “it’s between a woman and her Doctor”. Is it? What if the doctor said No? Why doesn’t the life of the baby matter? They all need to stfu. It’s murder. Period.
Yes, and Hell yeah!
giphy.gif

Very good Dave, That last sentence probably saved you some non deserved criticism. Good use of CYA.

Sounds to me like you vote on emotions. That’s why this country is in the shape it’s in. Trump divisive for standing up for himself and the ass fvcking DC has been giving to Americans?? DeSantis too far right for not supporting abortion and standing up to woke Disney?? All of it is and was needed by DeSantis and Trump.
I vote with my mind not my emotions!!!

Also @Tnmounty you stated earlier ITT that Desantis was "too far right" on abortion. Could you explain that please? What is "too far right" protecting the lives of innocent unborn babies?

Is there a position in your opinion that is also "too far Left" on that issue? If so, what is it?

No emotion here, just tell me what you think?

He is very polarizing. Many voters vote against him due to his rhetoric rather than for his platform. Most of his platform I agree with. He is very antagonistic is you don’t agree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT