ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Message from Bob Huggins

I am not concerned with his daughter saying that. She loves him, of course she doesnt want to believe that about him..... but I do believe he is an alcoholic an its just my opinion but its what I think until proven otherwise.

The only thing I am concerned with is that Bob Huggins offered to check himself into 60 days of rehab just to keep his excellent NIL transfer team together and end his career on a positive note at the school he loves. I dont doubt that he was going to retire after this season either, which is just one more reason I think Gordon Gee is an idiot who is making another huge gaping mistake, that will cost WVU millions and set another program back. All of these things are precisely why he should be able to finish his career here. Its not only good for the student athletes, the school and fans, but it is good for Huggins too, and pretty much everyone involved. For a drunk to clean up because of his love of the game? Sounds like a potential amazing story..... that sadly will never come to fruition because Gordo FagGee wants to leave his pathetic mark on the program instead of someone who is worthy of it like Huggs. Fk Gee. The school has become a joke since hee took over. It just gets worse every year.

On a side note if I were Wren Baker my resignation letter would be on Gee's desk today.
Offered according to who? Yes that's right his daughter. You can't tell me it was a good idea to keep Huggins with his radio reply and then 6 weeks later his 2nd DUI.

No doubt he needs help but to do it for the reason youvsay it's for, keeping his job, is not the reason to do it.

I believe this story to be complete BS fabrication.

Offered according to who? Yes that's right his daughter. You can't tell me it was a good idea to keep Huggins with his radio reply and then 6 weeks later his 2nd DUI.

No doubt he needs help but to do it for the reason youvsay it's for, keeping his job, is not the reason to do it.

I do believe that WVU could have came up with a way to keep Huggs. But, it would have been difficult. Perhaps the school could have came out immediately after they were provided the information/police report, and suspended Huggs indefinitely. Then discussed with Huggs a way back, which would have been a full and complete rehab program.

But I do believe that the conversation that Huggs had with Baker and Gee was probably one-sided. And the university was eager to go ahead and make the change now. Perhaps Huggs declined the option of a suspension and mandatory rehab assignment?

I do believe that WVU could have came up with a way to keep Huggs. But, it would have been difficult. Perhaps the school could have came out immediately after they were provided the information/police report, and suspended Huggs indefinitely. Then discussed with Huggs a way back, which would have been a full and complete rehab program.

But I do believe that the conversation that Huggs had with Baker and Gee was probably one-sided. And the university was eager to go ahead and make the change now. Perhaps Huggs declined the option of a suspension and mandatory rehab assignment?
15 years ago maybe they could have gotten buy with keeping. Now in today's world no way.

If Gee would have actually had a real conversation about why that event happened 6 weeks ago instead of being preoccupied with docking Huggs’ pay/optics then maybe this event doesn’t even happen.

WVU could have suspended him for a few months back and had him go into rehab then and all of this would have been prevented. So yes, Gee and his puppet Stimpy let down Huggs and the entire WVU fan base.

If that conversation happened (offered rehab, etc) and he refuses then you let him go back then. That’s it.

I believe the story for sure and dont think its fabricated. I can tell you it is a good idea to keep Huggins through the bullshit radio thing that no one should even care about and then this. Yeah, I just did. I'm not alone on it either.

Came up with a way to keep Huggs? Yeah man its called, dont fire him lol. Wtf is this crap that everyone has this unspoken thing "oh my, we cant keep him now, oh my, goodness, gracious how can we keep him after that??" Hmmm, well, you just do lol. Sorry man but Karen's have infected this society and its so ridiculous to see grown men act like the PC police are real police. If you want to keep Huggins you keep him its that simple. You dont have to "find a way" to keep him. You just simply dont bow to the woke mob and the Karen's of the world. If people started doing this, they would all go away lol.

Came up with a way to keep Huggs? Yeah man its called, dont fire him lol. Wtf is this crap that everyone has this unspoken thing "oh my, we cant keep him now, oh my, goodness, gracious how can we keep him after that??" Hmmm, well, you just do lol. Sorry man but Karen's have infected this society and its so ridiculous to see grown men act like the PC police are real police. If you want to keep Huggins you keep him its that simple. You dont have to "find a way" to keep him. You just simply dont bow to the woke mob and the Karen's of the world. If people started doing this, they would all go away lol.
This has nothing to do with being a "Karen". Drinking and driving is very serious and should come with consequences.

This has nothing to do with being a "Karen". Drinking and driving is very serious and should come with consequences.
It does come with consequences and he will suffer them. Perhaps everyone and I mean everyone who gets a DUI should also be forced to resign from their jobs then? Because in real life, that doesnt actually happen very often at all. In the sports world, it does though. Both players and coaches have to live under the microscope. Why? Because of a bunch of Karen's, that's why. Why would you be able to keep your job if you got a DUI? Because you have a smaller johnson than Huggs? Because your butt stinks more? Whatever man. They didnt have to fire Huggs except for a bunch of Karen's who cant just live and let live.

It does come with consequences and he will suffer them. Perhaps everyone and I mean everyone who gets a DUI should also be forced to resign from their jobs then? Because in real life, that doesnt actually happen very often at all. In the sports world, it does though. Both players and coaches have to live under the microscope. Why? Because of a bunch of Karen's, that's why. Why would you be able to keep your job if you got a DUI? Because you have a smaller johnson than Huggs? Because your butt stinks more? Whatever man. They didnt have to fire Huggs except for a bunch of Karen's who cant just live and let live.
Obviously you do not understand that people that are hired in to positions that require them to be "leaders by example" have different sets of consequences. I'm not saying that everyone should be fired or resign. But when you are a leader of an athletic team in a public university, well............

Obviously you do not understand that people that are hired in to positions that require them to be "leaders by example" have different sets of consequences. I'm not saying that everyone should be fired or resign. But when you are a leader of an athletic team in a public university, well............
I do understand that, I just dont see why it has to be that way except a bunch of Karen's. "Leaders by example" and holding players and coaches to an unfair standard off the court or field is just a bad excuse for poor parenting created by Karen's. Ive never agreed with that even when I was younger. Its stupid and unrealistic.

I know in my profession a second DUI not only loses your current job, but also your license to do that job anywhere else in the state. Mine is not the only one. Also unless you are an independent celebrity, being employed in a position where you are within the public eye it is expected that your conduct in public is held to a higher standard. This isn’t Bob from accounting who only a handful of people know that he is not facing severe employment consequences for a DUI. This is the highest paid public person in the state and it looks bad to give him child glove treatment.

I don't see any reason for your willingness to forgo termination outside of you think: 1. This is a run of the mill DUI and that those are not worthy of termination regardless of one prior offense. 2. You think that basketball is so important that Huggins should be given more grace than most would get for the sake of the program. 3. You hate Gee so much you will be opposed to any and all decisions he makes. Regarding the last one, 2 things can be true at once. Gee is an incompetent asshat AND Bob did something with this DUI, and this DUI alone, that most University presidents would have pushed him out.

I know in my profession a second DUI not only loses your current job, but also your license to do that job anywhere else in the state. Mine is not the only one. Also unless you are an independent celebrity, being employed in a position where you are within the public eye it is expected that your conduct in public is held to a higher standard. This isn’t Bob from accounting who only a handful of people know that he is not facing severe employment consequences for a DUI. This is the highest paid public person in the state and it looks bad to give him child glove treatment.

I don't see any reason for your willingness to forgo termination outside of you think: 1. This is a run of the mill DUI and that those are not worthy of termination regardless of one prior offense. 2. You think that basketball is so important that Huggins should be given more grace than most would get for the sake of the program. 3. You hate Gee so much you will be opposed to any and all decisions he makes. Regarding the last one, 2 things can be true at once. Gee is an incompetent asshat AND Bob did something with this DUI, and this DUI alone, that most University presidents would have pushed him out.

I just disagree in general, and dont think its productive to approach this with an authoritarian point of view. Aside from the Huggins incident I have felt this way for many years and to be honest I dont really even drink or party at all. I just dont think this approach, like you and others have outlined above, helps anyone ever. I'm not a punisher, I'm more of a person who wants to help people and see people improve and live free.

As far as Gordon Gee, I really dont view him as a moral authority at all and I only think he should do whatever is best for business at WVU. I dont think this is best for business. I dont think he is bettering WVU or WVU basketball by forcing Huggins to retire. In fact I think he's sinking it further.

I just disagree in general, and dont think its productive to approach this with an authoritarian point of view. Aside from the Huggins incident I have felt this way for many years and to be honest I dont really even drink or party at all. I just dont think this approach, like you and others have outlined above, helps anyone ever. I'm not a punisher, I'm more of a person who wants to help people and see people improve and live free.

As far as Gordon Gee, I really dont view him as a moral authority at all and I only think he should do whatever is best for business at WVU. I dont think this is best for business. I dont think he is bettering WVU or WVU basketball by forcing Huggins to retire. In fact I think he's sinking it further.
Huggs can drink and drive all he wants. Nothing has changed that. He just won't receive compensation from his employer anymore. But he's free to go anywhere else or do anything else. Not sure how he is being "punished". He lost his job, he can find another if he wants. He can drink all he wants. And he can get behind the wheel of a car while drunk......until he gets caught again, or kills someone......but if that were to happen, you'd be OK with him not going to jail because you are a "live free" kind of guy?

Huggs can drink and drive all he wants. Nothing has changed that. He just won't receive compensation from his employer anymore. But he's free to go anywhere else or do anything else. Not sure how he is being "punished". He lost his job, he can find another if he wants. He can drink all he wants. And he can get behind the wheel of a car while drunk......until he gets caught again, or kills someone......but if that were to happen, you'd be OK with him not going to jail because you are a "live free" kind of guy?
You are not very smart.

Not long ago, like the end of this season, certain fans wanted Huggins fired. Now they bitching that he got fired. For breaking the law none the less.

Huggins knows he messed up. Is it enough for him to admit he has problems, I hope so. As far as Gordon Gee, the man has destroyed WVU and bankrupt it. He should be fired immediately.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Not long ago, like the end of this season, certain fans wanted Huggins fired. Now they bitching that he got fired. For breaking the law none the less.

Huggins knows he messed up. Is it enough for him to admit he has problems, I hope so. As far as Gordon Gee, the man has destroyed WVU and bankrupt it. He should be fired immediately.
Personally I've never wanted Huggs fired. He has far beyond earned his time here and retiring when he wants. I never felt any other way, even with his shortcomings. This is a coach who raised money on his own to build our awesome bball facilities. He cares about WVU more than anyone else who is employed there right now, imo. Times like this are when its good to care back. Rehab in exchange for finishing his career here. Very good trade and good for all sides. The fact that it didnt go down that way, is just losing me. They wont miss me, but there isnt much to cheer for anymore from my perspective.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Personally I've never wanted Huggs fired. He has far beyond earned his time here and retiring when he wants. I never felt any other way, even with his shortcomings. This is a coach who raised money on his own to build our awesome bball facilities. He cares about WVU more than anyone else who is employed there right now, imo. Times like this are when its good to care back. Rehab in exchange for finishing his career here. Very good trade and good for all sides. The fact that it didnt go down that way, is just losing me. They wont miss me, but there isnt much to cheer for anymore from my perspective.
How do you know it wasn't offered to him? Rehab? And he wouldn't honor the terms by his employer? We don't know what went down inside the closed doors. Most alcoholics will not believe they have a problem. Step #1 to recovery is accepting that you do have a problem.

How do you know it wasn't offered to him? Rehab? And he wouldn't honor the terms by his employer? We don't know what went down inside the closed doors. Most alcoholics will not believe they have a problem. Step #1 to recovery is accepting that you do have a problem.
Huggins daughter said he offered 60 days of rehab to keep his job. If she is true, which I believe she is, then I dont see any harm in taking him up on it, in fact I see it as a potentially very good thing for all involved. He is admitting he has a problem by doing that and is willing to stop drinking for 60 days, which is a long ass time for an alcoholic. Firing him its just over. The only hall of fame anything WVU in the modern era and perhaps the last one ever, goes out this way. Bob Huggins built a program, and busted his ass to raise the money for the basketball facilities with no help from WVU. He has raised a motherload of money for cancer research. Has Gee? Have you? Of course not, you havent even given a dime to WVU. Huggins has done many things that should have earned him another chance. It may not go over well in your mind because you arent half the man Huggins is.

Huggins daughter said he offered 60 days of rehab to keep his job. If she is true, which I believe she is, then I dont see any harm in taking him up on it, in fact I see it as a potentially very good thing for all involved. He is admitting he has a problem by doing that and is willing to stop drinking for 60 days, which is a long ass time for an alcoholic. Firing him its just over. The only hall of fame anything WVU in the modern era and perhaps the last one ever, goes out this way. Bob Huggins built a program, and busted his ass to raise the money for the basketball facilities with no help from WVU. He has raised a motherload of money for cancer research. Has Gee? Have you? Of course not, you havent even given a dime to WVU. Huggins has done many things that should have earned him another chance. It may not go over well in your mind because you arent half the man Huggins is.
Did Huggins work hard? Absolutely. However, he put alcohol ahead of remaining as head coach. If he loved coaching at WVU as much as we all thought and as much as he says, then it shouldn't have taken this latest event for him to "wake up" and seek help. Just saying.

Again, I love Huggins. I wish he would be our coach for the next 10 years. But that did not happen and Huggins was the only reason why it will not happen.

Gee is a moron. Huggs didn’t need to be in this spot, but you can’t unring that bell.
Rehab a few months ago prevents all this. I called it when I said that was alcohol related. THAT was when you fix this instead of waiting for a disaster.

Gee is a moron. Huggs didn’t need to be in this spot, but you can’t unring that bell.
Rehab a few months ago prevents all this. I called it when I said that was alcohol related. THAT was when you fix this instead of waiting for a disaster.
He's lucky he wasn't canned then. Rehab only works if the one needing it actually admits he has a problem.

As far as Gee, he should never have been hired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT