ADVERTISEMENT

McAfee show and Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy Kimmel

Op2

All-Conference
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2014
There was a thread on the main board about this that I posted in and was going to post in again but Vernon locked so I thought I'd try here, in the hopes that we're allowed to talk about this stuff on this board, if not the main board.

Rodgers said his thing about Jimmy Kimmel and in response they (ESPN or McAfee, I forget which) said Rodgers wasn't going to be on anymore this season. People responded with "I told you ESPN would muffle McAfee." The next day Rodgers was on McAfee's show again and some on the board responded "So much for ESPN McAfee muzzling Rodgers, he had him on again the very next day."

Here's my response to that. The next day Rodgers was on for four minutes and he answered one question, that being what he thinks about Bill Belicheck parting ways with the Patriots. When they say Rodgers isn't going to be on the McAfee show anymore, they mean they're not going to let Rodgers go on McAfee's show and say negative things about ESPN or any of its interests. They don't care of Rodgers goes on McAfee's shows and talks about Bill Belicheck or regular sports stuff.

What's interesting is that people are saying that McAfee won't give in and change his show when this whole story involves Jimmy Kimmel. Anyone remember Kimmel before the woke revolution a few years ago and then before he was host of a show on ABC before that? Before Kimmel got a show on ABC he was a somewhat edgy comedian. After he got a show on ABC he started kissing ABC rear end to a certain degree. Then the woke revolution happened and he started kissing ABC rear end to a giant degree. Kimmel has never been a woke ideologue. He says what he says because his job requires it. He makes $15 million per year in return for saying things he doesn't believe.

But somehow McAfee isn't going to fall prey to that same dynamic? He's already fallen prey to it. If he wasn't on ESPN he would not have apologized for what Rodgers said the other day. Lawsuits weren't an issue. No way Kimmel could successfully sue Rodgers. People say crazy stuff in this country all the time and don't get sued. The bar for slander is very, very high in this country.

Look at it this way, before he moved to ESPN, McAfee worked for FanDuel. Did McAfee talk on his show about how bad betting on sports is? No. You can't do that when you work with FanDuel. You can say just about anythihg else, but you can't say that.

You can't say things that impinge on the financial interests of your employer. And the more things your employer has a financial connection to, the more limited you are on what you can comment about.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
There was a thread on the main board about this that I posted in and was going to post in again but Vernon locked so I thought I'd try here, in the hopes that we're allowed to talk about this stuff on this board, if not the main board.

Rodgers said his thing about Jimmy Kimmel and in response they (ESPN or McAfee, I forget which) said Rodgers wasn't going to be on anymore this season. People responded with "I told you ESPN would muffle McAfee." The next day Rodgers was on McAfee's show again and some on the board responded "So much for ESPN McAfee muzzling Rodgers, he had him on again the very next day."

Here's my response to that. The next day Rodgers was on for four minutes and he answered one question, that being what he thinks about Bill Belicheck parting ways with the Patriots. When they say Rodgers isn't going to be on the McAfee show anymore, they mean they're not going to let Rodgers go on McAfee's show and say negative things about ESPN or any of its interests. They don't care of Rodgers goes on McAfee's shows and talks about Bill Belicheck or regular sports stuff.

What's interesting is that people are saying that McAfee won't give in and change his show when this whole story involves Jimmy Kimmel. Anyone remember Kimmel before the woke revolution a few years ago and then before he was host of a show on ABC before that? Before Kimmel got a show on ABC he was a somewhat edgy comedian. After he got a show on ABC he started kissing ABC rear end to a certain degree. Then the woke revolution happened and he started kissing ABC rear end to a giant degree. Kimmel has never been a woke ideologue. He says what he says because his job requires it. He makes $15 million per year in return for saying things he doesn't believe.

But somehow McAfee isn't going to fall prey to that same dynamic? He's already fallen prey to it. If he wasn't on ESPN he would not have apologized for what Rodgers said the other day. Lawsuits weren't an issue. No way Kimmel could successfully sue Rodgers. People say crazy stuff in this country all the time and don't get sued. The bar for slander is very, very high in this country.

Look at it this way, before he moved to ESPN, McAfee worked for FanDuel. Did McAfee talk on his show about how bad betting on sports is? No. You can't do that when you work with FanDuel. You can say just about anythihg else, but you can't say that.

You can't say things that impinge on the financial interests of your employer. And the more things your employer has a financial connection to, the more limited you are on what you can comment about.
Money talks and we all listen .
They forced the vaccine down our throats by threatening our money. McAfee will do what he has to do to keep entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT